Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I hope they fixed the bug where AI cant see buildings that were placed by a script. Men and vehicles keep running into them sad_o.gif Take CTI or warfare as an example.

But since there is dual core support, I hope the AI performance is not dependant of the server load that much and the reaction time and pathfinding will stay normal whistle.gif

With what Bis showed us and the amount of time still left to release i suspect Bis will deliver their most excellent product yet. smile_o.gif

i think the ai should be better as arma 1 kind of got half way to where it should have been which made some things work less well than in ofp 1.

Dualcore support...

What about QUADCORE...

And memory handling...

Dualcore support equals quadcore support, it's more of a multi core support rather than just dual core, unless BI did something wrong smile_o.gif

http://www.doupe.cz/Doupecz....lt.aspx

This is kind of interesting. I am too lazy/busy to translate it and Google translation makes quite mess of it, so in short summary:

Add-in modules for civilian life, artillery etc.

FSM editor

One core dedicated to AI only

Some "Game2" dynamic & semi-dynamic elements

Quote[/b] ]One of the lectures this year Cravataconu bear mysterious name "Battle of the mud pie"

under which is inconspicuously hidden names Karla Mořického and Ivana Pussies of Bohemia Interactive

Quote[/b] ]

The game is added to the system of higher command, which you can clearly ( "You are the blue shit official NATO symbols.")

Nah, Google translations are fine tounge2.gif

OFP 2 just got another article on PC gamer, where is ArmA 2 article?

It's thursday......where is my napa vid?? Came on Placebo, time to work!! tounge2.gif

I guess BI don't buy enough advertisements in their mag rofl.gif

HEHEHEH ROFL, that made my day Sparks!

Quote[/b] ]This is kind of interesting. I am too lazy/busy to translate it and Google translation makes quite mess of it, so in short summary:

Add-in modules for civilian life, artillery etc.

FSM editor

One core dedicated to AI only

Some "Game2" dynamic & semi-dynamic elements

Jesus Christ!!!!

Together with 2 Fixes for this: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=77565

And for "Ultra-Community-made-Killer-AI-Mods" are all ways open!

Great Great! I hope Deadfast or someone else could maybe translate the article?

EDIT: Lol, Google-Translator to german says "Ivan Buchta" as "Ivana Pussies" rofl.gif

Lol, Google-Translator to german says...

Never use German translator, learn some Czech instead. wink_o.gif

In case the translation regarding FSM Editor was of the same quality, let me add that the public release of this tool was not confirmed.

I wonder what pervert programmed it biggrin_o.gif

I mean buchta is a completely normal word meaning cake.

The fact that it's also used in slang to describe nice women is kind of secondary wink_o.gif

Well, before i learn czech i'd rather learn Chinese tounge2.gif

Seems to be equal hard to pronounce for me tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]

In case the translation regarding FSM Editor was of the same quality, let me add that the public release of this tool was not confirmed.

A bit disappointing, but thanks that you clarified this at least!

I still hope for a mod-able AI and BIS support when the tools are out.

Quote[/b] ]One of the lectures this year Cravataconu bear mysterious name "Battle of the mud pie"

under which is inconspicuously hidden names Karla Mořického and Ivana Pussies of Bohemia Interactive

Quote[/b] ]

The game is added to the system of higher command, which you can clearly ( "You are the blue shit official NATO symbols.")

Oh my god, rofl.gif I am dying laughing

Quote[/b] ]

Oh my god,  rofl.gif I am dying laughing

Well in reality there is writed:

"These blue sh*ts are the oficial NATO symbols"

smile_o.gif

it would be a BIG selling point and take arma2 into the next stage of mod-friendliness.

If not that then the ability to switch off/replace hardcoded FSM with mod generated FSM. Without the hardcoded FSM overwiritng the user created version at the first sign of enemy, etc.

it would be a BIG selling point and take arma2 into the next stage of mod-friendliness.

If not that then the ability to switch off/replace hardcoded FSM with mod generated FSM. Without the hardcoded FSM overwiritng the user created version at the first sign of enemy, etc.

I don't know if it wouldbe called Arma 2 then or AI simulator. Imagine millions of different AI mods and you need to choose....it will drive me crazy, just to get a different experience... whistle.gif

ANd why is it that people over here think that FSM is godlike? I mean, do you really think, you will cram up the AI better than any Pro programmer? Sorry, bu this sounds too funny.

I missed this video before, have you guys posted it already?

It is the most illimunating and detailed preview I've seen so far and I love what I see even the realistic (and from what I understand optional) vision movement.

If only I spoke german...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKX5GNVe6Qg

It is the most illimunating and detailed preview I've seen so far and I love what I see even the realistic (and from what I understand optional) vision movement.

One thing I don't like in that is that the guy cuts through the pond next to the house, swims through it and loses his gear even when his friends right next to him are walking around it.

I have not seen that yet. Thanks for the link.

From this video some animations are improved, such as the roll over in prone pos. smile_o.gif

I just noticed strange the head movement in the min: 5:16 - 5:20

Why does it move like that?

Yey, different parts of the tank is now taking damage again, instead of the whole tank. smile_o.gif

he talket about much stuff we already know.

story, conversation system (talket with one soldier about the weather), high command (in the end of the campaign you command a entire army, build bases etc), ultrarealistic like predecessors (but now healing system), optional help functions which mark enemy an own units, ai using hand signs, great mission editor, one cpu core for ai, video wasnt made in max graphic settings (but he didnt say which system he used),  arma2 would look great if you have the hardware^^, nice looking animations, new camera system (shaking cam based on inventory weight?)

edit: ah forgot: singleplayercampagne in coop leads in 1 of 4 alternative endings

hope that i could help you smile_o.gif