Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I find it disturbing for some reason, makes me want to kill myself.  sad_o.gif

I'm sorry to hear that, mate. They have doctors and medication to treat what you have.  biggrin_o.gif

It's that freaky animation, when the eyes zoom towards the screen. mad_o.gif

Firefox + adblock and you can block any sig images/flashes you don't like, problem solved.

oh yeah wink_o.gif

Sound pretty awesome. Nice to see also that the Factional system is getting more complex, it's going to be tough to work out who's fighting who.

Several mods have done it for ofp and arma surely we can have turrets that come of when hit with a strong enough munition.

Hi all

This is tank dependent. The reason the the tank turret gets blown off is: round cook off in the ammunition store. Modern tanks have the Ammunition store separate from the crew areas/turret only having the round they are about to fire in the crew area. I doubt a single round will lift the turret off an M1A1. In the case of the M1A1 the ammunitions store is behind the blast doors and the top has blow-out panels so as to protect the crew and the rest of the tank. Often the tank just needs to replace the ammunition store after ammunition cook off.

The blow out pannels are the key factor.

Kind Regards walker

Hurray!   They ARE the Wolverines!   This has the possibility to add some real personal depth to the bigger story going on.  If this isn't their job, and this isn't their political movement..  This must be their life they are trying to improve.  If BIS goes in this direction..  Wow will the campaign have a dynamic character (you know, the property, not the actor).

This has heart.  Now, we just need a video to see what it's all about.. whistle.gif  tounge2.gif

Edit: Just hoping they aren't simply the models that get spawned when you nuke a village. Hope there's a bit more substance to them than that. huh.gif

"Guerillas use mostly hit-and-run tactics; they disappear soon after they strike"

I wonder if this actually means that AI can be customized for different tactics... (i.e. that hit-and-run tactic will not be scripted in the missions, but the actual AI taking the decission of runnin right after striking).

yeah.. retreat where and do what after the "hit-and-run"?

In arma1 ais ran without a reason to no where.. hope now they have a purpose after they "hit-and-run" smile_o.gif

Very nice to see the last faction as BIS said they would release AA2 after the last one is show. Has that changed? Probably huh.

Cool faction as well. smile_o.gif

EDIT: äääh i misread it 6 weeks ago. "The website will be updated with fresh news on a weekly basis, from now up to the time of release." That doesnt mean that the last update would be a faction... Ah crap lol.

Alex

Verry nice ! This add's a lot of flavour to the game . We want the video BIS ! biggrin_o.gif

Firefox + adblock and you can block any sig images/flashes you don't like, problem solved.

Still, it's no doubt above 100kb. Does that mean flash animations are exempt from that rule?

On topic now: I like the video. It definitely looks like an older version of the engine. Like the new animations and streamlining they have. Good stuff.

The new NAPA stuff is interesting, too.

Still, it's no doubt above 100kb. Does that mean flash animations are exempt from that rule?

88kb.

It's indeed within limits, but can we drop the signature discussion please and carry on with the topic?  welcome.gif

Very neat video. Seems there are alot like terrorist in some way. There is going to be some true depth with this games story, so exciting.

The video wont load.... Come on I want to see tounge2.gif

Video is on youtube

EDIT: 1:03 moving train in the upper left corner

Other than that I don't really see anything that new other than the story part which is cool.

Wow, webserver must be heavy overload.... impossible to see the video.

or here:

Btw, is that a train rolling there in the video?

Edit: Ah, well Jakerod also saw it wink_o.gif