Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

When that MI17 is landing, its front tire seems to bend upon touching the ground. That was not in Arma1, was it? Nice detail.

When that MI17 is landing, its front tire seems to bend upon touching the ground. That was not in Arma1, was it? Nice detail.

I don't recall seeing the wheel suspension like that in ArmA, but it's nice seeing it in ArmA2. My problem with that in the video, is that the wheels reacted while still 1 or 2 feet above the ground. They didn't make contact to the ground yet when the wheels bent back.

Anywho, I enjoyed the video greatly. As the others have said, I do hope the sounds in the end product are much better, and not like ArmA's. If they can end up being at least much more ambient sounding that ArmA's I'll probably be happy with that.

ArmA1 has suspension for the MI17 (it looks equal) and some other aircrafts, but not for all. Would love to have separate suspension animations for every wheel though...

Ahhh, just watched that Russian Army Trailer again and the more i watch it, the more im dissapointed to have such pretty pretty tanks, without any tank interiors.... crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gifconfused_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I hope there will some very dedicated community-modelers that could fix this later on....

Where in the video did you see any inside views to assume that?

Is it possible that you missunderstood what mr.g-c  wanted to say, or is it me who missunderstood you....?

Maruk confirmed in a GC Video that there aren´t interiors for all vehicles.... and i also think that they are needed in Tanks like M1A1 or T72/90 for good atmosphere...

Regards -rF- Cultivator

Yes, the reply from BIS about tank interiours is that they dont think its necessary when the topic was brought up for arma. And sadly I remember some similar statement for arma2.

That is the only thing I miss from OFP, and I miss it badly. Havent played a single armour mission in arma because of that, I cant get the feeling for it at all.

Yes .... thats my opinion andersson ... the feeling in OFP-Tanks was just phenomenal and its was very exiting... in ArmA its a bit boring when you drive long ways in tanks. I dont know how much work it is to create these interiors but i think when the developers didn´t model them till now, they will not be in the end game. But who knows... wink_o.gif

I can understand what Maruk wanted to say .... its not important for the Gameplay and they need the time for other thing....

Regards -rF- Cultivator

Sadly I remember some similar statement for ArmA 2.

They could've changed their opinion on that subject. A lot of time has passed and if they didn't, it could be applied by the modding community.

And it is certainly not the most necessary element. It won't matter to 90% of players, and to the few it does matter to, it's still not a game-breaker. As long as support for them is there, modders can do it.

On a different note: The chopper blades g-c was talking about:

========================

Yes, please BIS, a community Member has already fixed this:

I hadn't seen this. Thats amazing!

Actually i was referring to Sakura Chans Turret-Gunner animation later in that Video.

But while we on it - yes such a blade system would be nice too, but RKSLs Dynamic-Rotor-System is looking clearly better/rounder/smoother like in RL.

Watch here: http://www.rkslstudios.info/news....rs.html

Bis could implement this too (if the modelers are idle) tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

isnt there something like this?

i just compared a screenshot with some scenes from the latest video

dynBladeSmall.gif

maybe it isn't such dynamic and extreme like RKSL but at least its a complex blade system like in the first video.

3233r.jpg

Sorta. The hinds look very well put together. I would like to see what UH60's (etc) look like when they're grounded too.

-------

On a seperate note: I too agree. I am amazed with the graphics, but I think everyones focusing a little too much on that rather than the more important stuff.

I hope everyone thats complainig about the sounds is talking about the weapon and explosion sounds only, the vehicles sound great, Su sounded nice but they cut it off too soon.

Just wanted to answer that to be clear. The new sounds seems to be amazing! The complaints so far is about the sounds that come straight from ArmA1. They dont fit into the rest of the new sounds that seem to have much better quality. A complete new sound image for ArmA2 would be super - and i think that will happen.

smile_o.gif

Just noticed that super-badass radar in the beginning of the RUS video - LOL! Maybe it is in the CTI MP and you can buy it after you earn crap loads of cash. And when you have it - you dominate a huge bit of the map as you can see anything in the air etc. Who knows hehe.

Damn i can't wait! But dont hurry BIS. wink_o.gif

Alex

First, BIS implemented the new sound engine.

Logic says that they'll put in the new sounds themselves afterwards.

It's too early to say anything about the sounds, but keeping the old sounds in the final release would be a mistake in my opnion.

However, the modding community can easily add new sounds, provided the new sound engine is looked over and understood.

Just watched the new Russian forces video - Kick Ass!

In earlier trailers some might have spotted the dates the movie was ''captured''. ChDKZ camcorder showed the date 13.09.2008 and news report on Civilian was 27.10.2008*. Assuming this is the date these were either recorded or edited, it's might have been before any implementation of all the new sounds, even on the latest trailer; which could have been recorded months ago aswell.

*(Captured after the ChDKZ camcorder date showned on the trailer, even though it was released earlier.)

I'm holding my breath till a demo of some sort arrives.

I doubt that. Not much point in releasing videos of an earlier state of the game to the public.

Something I sort of wonder is, what will the damage system for the vehicles look like? Will the damage be unique to the area being hit? Or will it be the same damage skin/model each time the vehicle is hit anywhere?

I agree with sk3pt. Most likely intentional, for storyline purposes.

As far as the damage system, I hope that there are seperate damage models.

They are not that hard to do and many games have seperate damage models.

Saw the RUS video too - weapons and battle sounds were as weak as in ArmA. It seems like they recorded sounds from airsoft guns - PK sounded sooo weak. Visually looks good. Did the video seem choppy to anyone like it was recorded on a lagging system?

When people go to shooting ranges they don't put ear-muffs on just because they think the muffs look kewl and spacey. If you empty just one 30rds 5.56mm clip without ear protectors I guarantee you 50% hearing loss for the rest of the day. In the video, as in ArmA now, weapon sounds are half-muted.

ECS or Red Hammer weapons addons had great sounds - it can be done. I hope something is done about the sounds in ArmA2.

Lets just hope BIS can go as high as possible with the quality bar.

Once it's out the mod community can then take it to another level, in a few months we'll probably be playing a totally different looking/sounding game.

With more addons than you can poke a stick at.

southy

Found this article a few weeks ago, and it just popped into my mind a few minutes ago.

It turns out that the U.S. Military is replacing the M203 grenade launcher with the M320 grenade launcher.

I'm linking the Wikipedia article below. Hopefully BIS knows about this and will include the M320 into ArmA 2. If they don't, the modding community is there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M320_grenade_launcher

On a different note: The chopper blades g-c was talking about:

========================

Yes, please BIS, a community Member has already fixed this:

I hadn't seen this. Thats amazing!

Actually i was referring to Sakura Chans Turret-Gunner animation later in that Video.

But while we on it - yes such a blade system would be nice too, but RKSLs Dynamic-Rotor-System is looking clearly better/rounder/smoother like in RL.

Watch here: http://www.rkslstudios.info/news....rs.html

Bis could implement this too (if the modelers are idle) tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

isnt there something like this?

i just compared a screenshot with some scenes from the latest video

[***]http://83clan.com/picture_library/dynBladeSmall.gif[/img]

maybe it isn't such dynamic and extreme like RKSL but at least its a complex blade system like in the first video.

No, you can see in that one video from Chernarus-Defecne-Forces, that the blades already have the characteristics like being under "heavy g force" when fully spinned-up and the Helo still standing on ground.

So there is not such a "dynamic system" which alters that upon different flight situations/burdens ....

BIS just watched at pictures/videos from flying Hinds and assumed that the curvature of the blades are the "default-state" for every situation on the hind, which is clearly wrong.

Oh god, that MIDI-esque conversion of the original OFP theme just cracks me up everytime... sounds horrendous. crazy_o.gif The movie itself was, however, good fun. Good to see the GP-series of grenade launchers copping the ole M203 touch... we can only hope the machineguns receive the same treatment... and that PKM sound needs to change.

That MIDI-esque conversion of the original OFP theme just cracks me up everytime.

Agreed.

The original theme song from the original OFP beats the rubbish version from ArmA 1 any day.

Oh god, that MIDI-esque conversion of the original OFP theme just cracks me up everytime... sounds horrendous. crazy_o.gif The movie itself was, however, good fun. Good to see the GP-series of grenade launchers copping the ole M203 touch... we can only hope the machineguns receive the same treatment... and that PKM sound needs to change.

Its exactly the same song from OFP, it hasnt even been edited. Just added stright into the video.

Its exactly the same flashpoint songs could be as a mini blow to codies as everyone reconises OFP music.

The OFP tracks in the videos havnt been edited at all*