Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Nice video.

Still, tanks firing look like poo-poo imo.

No real backblast on tanks and the smoke looks still too OFP´ish for a 2009 game.

W00t !

sunglasses (and hopefuly, eyeglasses) are back ! And in aviator style tounge2.gif

Looks great ! Some of these scenes really are close to photo realistic. I only miss tank recoil.

15d80o4.jpg

notworthy.gif

Thanks for another good Arma2 teaser with good old OFP music! smile_o.gif

It would be really great to have some kind of "real" backblast and ERA effects.

Btw. are AI crews running away from damaged vehicles or will they still waiting close by vehicles/explosion zone?

i am for one who dont really like the remade ofp theme since day 1 of ARMA 1 release, the old one is just too good to be replace

dunno why they dont use russia national anthem neither

Wow that video was great. Did the hinds do a rolling take-off there? Ka-52's could do with a camo scheme though.... as I'm pretty sure black is just for the prototype's. They allready have pics of it in camo

az_ka-52_4_m-1.jpg

Just a minor suggestion i think.

And the tank canons need recoil too.

Glad to see multi loadout on the sukhoi's and bombs on the hinds smile_o.gif

Cant wait till this is out!

0:33-0:35 - second heli has no airscrew

0:51-0:54 - you can see strange looking white mountains (left of the screen)

0:29 - environment-map on sunglasses is from ambient world or is fixed?

Yes very good Video.... the Models and Textures are fantastic IMHO.

Atmosphere - yes i said it before numerous times is BREATHTAKING!

Still Problems to be solved:

1. Tank Main Guns needs recoil - in RL the cannon "moves" into the turret on each shot. BIS-Devs, you missed that in OFP1, you missed it in Arma1 and modders always had to correct it. Please do it for Arma2! tounge2.gif

Its maybe just "minor" but so many other great details and then no cannon-recoil id odd.

Also, according to my understanding its rather "easy" to do.

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge2.gif

2. APFSDS Rounds (Sabost) is missing its tracers.

3. Please no artificial lowered rate of Fire for MGs over longer distances anymore! (you see it at 1:50 - its still Arma1 OFP1 problem).

4. Arma1 Sounds must strongly get replaced.

5. Alternating muzzleflashes please! It looks odd if the exact same muzzle-flash is displayed everytime on every shot. Especially on quick firing weapons like M249 SAW or Tunguska.

6. A solution for distant-grass/distant texture blending still must be found.

I agree to others that this is something which comes to ones eyes immediately when looking over all that ultra-beautiful landscape.

7. Greyish smoke effects looking to "comic-like", but i don't know if its anyway possible to improve it in that engine with particles.

I hope you will let FFAR Smoke get vanished after ~20-30m after firing.

Because its only a second how long the rocket motor burns. (looks at some Kamov/Hind Videos on Youtube to see it with your own eyes).

and from the text there are some other error BI have made

-AK-107 are not russia army standard rifle

-while RPG-7 is still in services with morden warheads, RPG-18 have almost phase out and are replaced by RPG-22 onwards, as seen in recent Georgia conflict

however its nice to see BI have replace the DsHK with NSV/Kord

Visually stunning folks, hell yeah!

The new video is breathtaking!

Some things i noticed:

- The MI-24s seem to carry bombs on the inner pylons

- SU-34 has multi weapon loadout (as the Hind), namely AA and AG missiles, so hopefully this time we have full multiweapon support out of the box

-  What vehicle is that in the beginning after the Tunguska?

All in all fantastic video, got me excited !

do you mean the KA-52 (helicopter) or the BMP-3?

edit: wtf is up with those sounds? explosion, tunguska cannon sound, pkm... banghead.gif

Awesome work as usual! Judging the latest video, ArmA 2 will really be a blend of Flashpoint atmosphere & gameplay and (even better than) ArmA graphics. Seriously, these BIS guys deserve flowers and applepie for their fantastic work. And lots of cash of course biggrin_o.gif

And for the guys complaining about the "lack of new videos"... I think I have yet to see a developer posting WIP video's on their website every week.

Whoo, can't wait for ArmA 2 Warfare. This game/sim will rock!

Well I'm pretty much already sold on the new units, models, and atmosphere -really very nice! I just hope to get a better glimpse into the squad level AI which is really the aspect I've been waiting for.

Man using the OFP music just keeps bringing back memories...  inlove.gif Damnit BI lol! I love this stuff. I'm so excited that the teams are semi balanced out, while the US may still have a pretty good lead - Russia still has a decent shot.

edit: wtf is up with those sounds? explosion, tunguska cannon sound, pkm...  banghead.gif

I agree with this 1100%. All the other videos show these as well.

Man using the OFP music just keeps bringing back memories...  inlove.gif Damnit BI lol!
edit: wtf is up with those sounds? explosion, tunguska cannon sound, pkm...  banghead.gif

I agree with this 1100%.

you guys taste are weird

really, that remade OFP theme aint that good at all(which never reminds me about the good old OFP, instead it brings back a shit load of miserable memories of ARMA, bugs, whining and bashing; oh and the remade OFP theme itself as well) confused_o.gif

how hard can it be to use back the original theme in OFP? crazy_o.gif

Hello,

Another nice video , the visuals are clearly very well done.

(It remains to be seen if they are more enhancing or distracting from gameplay ingame)

But one thing I think everyone should remember is that if those visuals were created at the expense of desperately needed gameplay and useability enhancements ,

this game will scare away as many people from this series as ArmA1 did. (Of course we can all continue to ignore that and assume everything is perfect).

There are perhaps good reasons for BIS to not show those improvements to CM tho , so I wish BIS the best of luck that they in the past years working on Arma2 could build from the excellent base that OFP was and enhance that and we combined with those stunning graphics get an excellent game , perhaps a quality addon in an year and we while not possible to recreate the golden times of the OFP era come close again.

Do Russian troops REALLY have bowl shaped elongated oval helmets? Just wondering. They look like condom hats.

Yeah they really improved the vehilce sounds with doppler effect and the feedback of wheels on different grounds. But the weapon sounds umm... I hope they implement new ones. I wish they update them immediately. firefoxlover.gif

Sound really reminds me of ArmA1.

About the gear. It says on the web page:

Quote[/b] ]Russian contingent of Chernarussian Peacekeeping Forces consists of elite Guard Motor Rifle battalion

So an elite unit created for this task, not standard rank and file troops.

At 1:56 we can see Mi-17 gunner's hands detatched from the pk...

At 2:00 we can see soldier getting out the Mi-17 that isn't confused after disembarking in the usual OFP/ArmA way (standing in place and rotating). He starts to move almost instantly.

From 2:20 to 2:21 we can see a few sprinting soldiers which do not use the same animation (see in slow motion). I can see at least two different animations for sprinting. No more clone wars?

Do Russian troops REALLY have bowl shaped elongated oval helmets? Just wondering. They look like condom hats.

Well some countries do things  their own ways.. I learned that the hard way  tounge2.gif

I think the rotating radar is for the UAV or for rocket artillery maybe? smile_o.gif