Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

well early build but ...

isn't it like less than half year till release i mean i would understood seeing such videos and issues year ago but now ?

IMHO if CM simply delay the title by half year or more to deliver something kickass it would be way wiser than just another 'casual' fiasco game

anyway to discuss OFP:DR please goto offtopic section of the forums and continue there in thread for this CM title

has anyone seen

It looks like its turning out to be a MASSIVE fail compared to ARMA2; serves codemasters right for using the name OFP from BI hehe tounge2.gif

The whole game a massive fail because of a simple bug? Hardly. In fact, in terms of how the game will be at release that bug has NO relevance at all. The only fail is to allow such a bug in a demo version of the game, or thinking the whole game is a massive fail because of it.

That dosn't mean I think OFP2 is going to be a great game, or even a good game for that matter... just that your BIS fanboyism got the best of you in the post, thats all.

has anyone seen

It looks like its turning out to be a MASSIVE fail compared to ARMA2; serves codemasters right for using the name OFP from BI hehe tounge2.gif

The whole game a massive fail because of a simple bug? Hardly. In fact, in terms of how the game will be at release that bug has NO relevance at all. The only fail is to allow such a bug in a demo version of the game, or thinking the whole game is a massive fail because of it.

That dosn't mean I think OFP2 is going to be a great game, or even a good game for that matter... just that your BIS fanboyism got the best of you in the post, thats all.

Did he say anything about the bug? I thought he meant because of the gameplay.

What I find interesting is that they added an entirely new faction since GC08. First, there was 5 factions (according to Maruk) and now there is 6 (according to their website). Wonder what prompted the new faction. smile_o.gif

Those road textures though in the new trailers look almost exactly like the roads from Arma.

i'm guessing the 6th faction was put in for story reasons, or maybe they put in NAPA as a faction that you can end up with or against.

System requirements according 505 games:

Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP / Vista

* Dual-Core CPU

* 512 MB Ram

* Graphics card with 256 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

Recommended System Requirements

* Windows XP / Vista

* Quad-Core CPU

* 1 GB Ram

* Graphics card with 512 MB-VRam and Shader Model 3.0 support

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=60340

They also mention Q1 release, which is a little bit unlikely...

Aren't those the requirements from the BIS wiki?

according 505 games

Aren't those the requirements from the BIS wiki?

according 505 games

But they have been right here on the wiki for ages.

My guess is that some news writer stumbled over them, posted them and all the other pages copied the news... Since I've seen them on multiple pages today.

Indeed it's a bit strange and confusing that they were randomly posted online today smile_o.gif

Seriously BIS need to be realising more images/info/updates. Im growing tired of waiting a hole week for updates, and last time they cheated us, and only realesed a couple of pictures, instead of a new faction video...

In my opinion they seriously need to up there PR.

Idea:

Tuesday: New images

Thursday: New video

-JVJ-

Indeed it's a bit strange and confusing that they were randomly posted online today smile_o.gif

Proximity Alert anyone?

Yeah, anybody else sense an impending PR flood?  As JVJ has noticed, the media 'tide' has withdrawn this past week.  Tsunami?  Please?  inlove.gif

I wonder what they'll release after the faction videos are done. They've already got the press kits out. The faction videos out...Tutorials for the editor/warfare/new GUI unit structure? Hmm! Theres a lot of time between now and release, apparently, so one can only wonder. What is "Guerillia" on their site anyway?

I hope Warfare this time around is like CTI was in OFP. I liked that a hell of a lot more than Warfare in Arma.

Also, comparing their PR against something like that of Codemasters - I'd say their PR is pretty amazing, way more than any other company. Perhaps if release was 2 weeks from now, two day updates would be appropriate wouldn't it? Don't ya think they should be working on the game and not on promotional videos? smile_o.gif

Unless a PR flood would attract the attention of the jerks over at the big time media companies here in the US to actually pay any attention. If they pay attention, make sure they upload all the content, not just a fraction of it :P

i just noticed something in the CDF vid, not sure if it's already been mentioned.

at 1:37 in this vid (

) something that looks like a star flies past the heli taking off, is that a tracer or aliens?

actually, its a small flower seed flying through the air, probably a Dandelion seed.

If you see at 1:44, in the lower left corner as the closest tank enters the screen, you can see another one.

So sorry, no UFO tounge2.gif

In a earlier GC 08 video they say that a much smoother speech is being worked on, just not implemented in current build, I'm putting my faith in that.

once bis finaly implements shooting out of vehicles, they will be an unstoppable force on the internet.