Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

Looks great!

The radar could be a 76N6 Clam Shell air search radar of a S-300P/SA-10 SAM battery. If true this might be a bit of an overkill, considering that an S-300 site can cover an area of 100 times Chernarus smile_o.gif

It seems that it could be this radar system, yes:

http://www.ausairpower.net/76N6-5N66M-40V6MD-Clam-Shell-1S.jpg

That´s quite exciting actually if they have implemented a S300 battery smile_o.gif

Which BTR variant is it at 1:52?

When that Mi17 takes off after dropping the Spetznaz?, it takes of in a way I've never seen the ARMA AI choppers take off.

Sort of with more backward motion at first rather than the old, vertical.........rotation.........pitch down and GO.

- Weapons Rate Of Fire:

---> In a battlefight, you will throw everything you have into the face of the enemy, the distance doesn't matter, as long as you "think" you have spotted something, those saying they can keep a sort of control over their ammo are just a bunch of liars trying to make themselves look kind of good.

So please, try to make the ROF be a pinch more real, there are already enough of youtube videos illustrating the point.

Agree 100%. I've tweaked the ROF for my personal use and it was just briliant. It was simulating suppressive fire quite well, even without any other addon. (well, the engagement range was also altered). It's a totally different experience when MG gunners start popping at you with long bursts from long distance. Keeps your head down.

edit: using second's suppression scripts you're also throwing everything you have in the enemy's general direction, knowing you may either hit something (they're hiding in one place, not running around "trying" to flank you, or whatever) or lower their morale. Of course none of this makes sense without truerange addon or your own version.

ARMA1 sounds compared to some soundmods is a total immersion killer. Dry short sounds.

I hope AA2 will in the finalizing add some better explosion sounds etc. But its not the most important thing as we can do it ourselves. Just nice with a solid core product.

About the video, awesome stuff! smile_o.gif Apart from the units that kick themselves in the butt when sprinting lol. What was wrong with AA1 sprint anims? Anyhoo - looking forward to AA2 hard. pistols.gif

Regards

Alex

Definately more and more impressed with the AI aircraft handling. Subtle and skilled, seemingly co-ordinated movements. A bombsight on the HUD would be a VERY nice addition.

If the old sounds get replaced, that would be great. The new ones in the latest vids are beyond fine. smile_o.gif

+1 for new sounds.

Rightly or wrongly hearing the same sounds to me makes Arma2 appear like a minor expansion to Arma.

Edit: BIS still makes the only games that I play for longer than a week so Im very excited about Arma 2, will be buying it for sure.

I want to be rocked, not just feeling like I bought an upgrade like OFP:R or QG.

mr.g-c great vid and if the game could playout half of that vid I would give my right ball and in a different post I stated if the game comes out for the XBOX 360 I would give my left ball. So this my leave me with no ball at all lol.

AVIBIRD 1

When playing this game keep chuck norris home!

If they make the game they will play

If you look the truth is out there

All I could hope for is that those sound and the stupidly slow rate of fire are just some masked up(just like car manufactor do with their new car) or place holder for the later improvement

Man using the OFP music just keeps bringing back memories...  inlove.gif Damnit BI lol!
edit: wtf is up with those sounds? explosion, tunguska cannon sound, pkm...  banghead.gif

I agree with this 1100%.

you guys taste are weird

really, that remade OFP theme aint that good at all(which never reminds me about the good old OFP, instead it brings back a shit load of miserable memories of ARMA, bugs, whining and bashing; oh and the remade OFP theme itself as well) confused_o.gif

how hard can it be to use back the original theme in OFP? crazy_o.gif

At this point unless they make ArmaII like a copy of OFP it's not likely it's going to remind you alot about OFP (lets face it OFP is its own entity), in a way the ArmaII OPF remix is fitting, considering the events that took place as it played in OFP.

Russian forces invading a peaceful civiliazation, killing civilians who oppose them although in the first few seconds it looked like they just gunned down some for simply seeing them.  They then took control of the island so it's only natural that it would have a darker and colder, more "desperate" tone to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WQqcfkNq4 (theme)

And while I would love to hear it again in a crisp fresh manner it wouldn't fit Arma II, the newer theme in a way COULD fit if say CDF forces are engaging the Red Star forces.

Two military's battling it out for control and defense rather then a military slaughter civilians (before promptly being slaughtered by the civilian resistence) but I'm curious where the other factions might play into this, I for one would like to see someone other then the USA be the hero for once (yes I'm american before you bash me for that).

Man using the OFP music just keeps bringing back memories...  inlove.gif Damnit BI lol!
edit: wtf is up with those sounds? explosion, tunguska cannon sound, pkm...  banghead.gif

I agree with this 1100%.

you guys taste are weird

really, that remade OFP theme aint that good at all(which never reminds me about the good old OFP, instead it brings back a shit load of miserable memories of ARMA, bugs, whining and bashing; oh and the remade OFP theme itself as well) confused_o.gif

how hard can it be to use back the original theme in OFP? crazy_o.gif

At this point unless they make ArmaII like a copy of OFP it's not likely it's going to remind you alot about OFP (lets face it OFP is its own entity), in a way the ArmaII OPF remix is fitting, considering the events that took place as it played in OFP.

Russian forces invading a peaceful civiliazation, killing civilians who oppose them although in the first few seconds it looked like they just gunned down some for simply seeing them.  They then took control of the island so it's only natural that it would have a darker and colder, more "desperate" tone to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5WQqcfkNq4 (theme)

And while I would love to hear it again in a crisp fresh manner it wouldn't fit Arma II, the newer theme in a way COULD fit if say CDF forces are engaging the Red Star forces.

Two military's battling it out for control and defense rather then a military slaughter civilians (before promptly being slaughtered by the civilian resistence) but I'm curious where the other factions might play into this, I for one would like to see someone other then the USA be the hero for once (yes I'm american before you bash me for that).

NAPA WILL BE THE HERO! FIGHTING FOR SOVERERIGNTY!

napa-soldier.png

+1 for new sounds.

Rightly or wrongly hearing the same sounds to me makes Arma2 appear like a minor expansion to Arma.

Yes.

I hope everyone thats complainig about the sounds is talking about the weapon and explosion sounds only, the vehicles sound great, Su sounded nice but they cut it off too soon.

Yes yes.

Many of the sounds are the same as before. Can any of us in these days play ArmA with the default sounds anymore?

yep

Nope.

72 @ Mar. 06 2009,16:30)]I hope AA2 will in the finalizing add some better explosion sounds etc. But its not the most important thing as we can do it ourselves. Just nice with a solid core product.

Its kinda sad that we are already saying that months before its release.. I don't even know how to put it into words.

The main issue here is the weapon/rocket & explosion sounds that we've heard in these videos has been dull and an immersion killer. Or even straight up copy/pasted from Arma1 giving off the feeling of an expansion pack. Even if they keep the sounds and its extremely easy to change - for those who aren't keen to go looking online to download new sounds will have to just deal with what they are given, and I'm sure BI wants them to have a(n), immersive, satisfying experience.. and I'm sure they'll be giving it another look anyways. Listen to some of the stuff they've put out already, that UH-1Y sounds awesome - so does the tanks, jets, and everything else! The rockets, weapons, explosions will probably be all fantastically realistic as well too once they have time to get to it, unless they feel that they are adequate as they currently are that is.

On a different note: The chopper blades g-c was talking about:

========================

Yes, please BIS, a community Member has already fixed this:

I hadn't seen this. Thats amazing!

On a different note: The chopper blades g-c was talking about:

========================

Yes, please BIS, a community Member has already fixed this:

Actually i was referring to Sakura Chans Turret-Gunner animation later in that Video.

But while we on it - yes such a blade system would be nice too, but RKSLs Dynamic-Rotor-System is looking clearly better/rounder/smoother like in RL.

Watch here: http://www.rkslstudios.info/news....rs.html

Bis could implement this too (if the modelers are idle) tounge2.gifbiggrin_o.gif

2 points to seriously improve:

- Sounds Effects:

---> With no disrespect to BIS Sounds Designers, but please, there are already enough of inspiring community-made sounds for ArmA, the ones being introduced for the upcoming sequel sound almost 8 years old.

I'm not the kind of people to start whining for anything but I felt kind of frustrated after having watched that video.

Of course, there is nothing to mention about the models/landscape, except they are great, but some points need a little more attention, please.

- Weapons Rate Of Fire:

---> In a battlefight, you will throw everything you have into the face of the enemy, the distance doesn't matter, as long as you "think" you have spotted something, those saying they can keep a sort of control over their ammo are just a bunch of liars trying to make themselves look kind of good.

So please, try to make the ROF be a pinch more real, there are already enough of youtube videos illustrating the point.

Regards,

TB

I completely agree, with these fixed ArmA II would be a 100% definite buy for me. A single shotting abrams with it's coaxial is just not right, but sound engine is still like from a 90's game. Gunshots should get muffled from distance and the effects in general are unrealistic.

They were talking about upgraded sounds but seems like they only upgraded vehicle sounds, all the other sounds are just terrible. sad_o.gif

I wanna see the game playing as it would on a mission. Its great seeing all the set pieces and pretty lighting and textures etc but i havent seen much with regards to the AI, and how it uses the surrounding area.

Also think a comparision vid should be released showing arma 1 and 2 running along side eachother showing improvements with sound, graphics and animations.

Also think a comparision vid should be released showing arma 1 and 2 running along side eachother showing improvements with sound, graphics and animations.

But then the flaws will be visible and people will moan and change their mind about buying the game wink_o.gif

Yeah suppose its not a great idea if you are trying to sell the game! biggrin_o.gif

But if these points have been included then im sure a comparision would shut people like me up wink_o.gif and show the general public who moan a bit, that BIS have listened and indeed updated not just the gfx and a few other things!

Yes it is.

The only other time I have seen rotor effects like that is in Flight Simulator X.

Hopefully it will be implemented into ArmA 2.

VICTOR:

Quote[/b] ]The rockets, weapons, explosions will probably be all fantastically realistic as well too once they have time to get to it, unless they feel that they are adequate as they currently are that is.

I would really like to think this too. I just have to vent what i hear in the videos. They never stated that anything will be improved. Like this is WIP. Just IN-GAME. smile_o.gif I always have faith in BIS though. Sounds are a huge immersion factor in games, and if like you said the explosions, rockets and all other sounds that can be made bigger, crackly, thumpy and kaboomey are added in the last minute, it will benefit the core product a lot. No doubt.

Lets us pray... smile_o.gif

Alex

They said they have a new sound engine. The engine is already implemented. I think people can tell that because of the tank sound, and the aircraft sounds. But it's going to take some time getting every sound implemented. It's like writing book, just going to take a bit of time. Probably why they are releasing it relatively late.

Ahhh, just watched that Russian Army Trailer again and the more i watch it, the more im dissapointed to have such pretty pretty tanks, without any tank interiors.... crazy_o.gifconfused_o.gifconfused_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

I hope there will some very dedicated community-modelers that could fix this later on....