Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

That's also a new (or improved) walk anim, that the policeman with beergut and old skool shades is sporting... or am I wrong? Seems to be more of a slouch to it.

They should have used the Benny Hill music for most of the video, would have fit better with the quick playback style than a reporter commentary biggrin_o.gif

The police officers have holstered pistols. Wonder if this is a feature BIS implementet this time...

As soon as I can get my hands on it I'll make some "real" subtitles wink_o.gif

EDIT: Great, downloads available - downloading now smile_o.gif

Cross fingers that the story/campaign is exciting and very good = believable and plausible!  smile_o.gif

Will there be five more campaigns introducing each faction - with their own point of view on the conflict?

I haven't seen this before, so I'm posting it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQUx-eu-tvA&NR=1

Nevermind the idiotic commentator.

I saw that video a long time ago. But where is the vehicle video he is talking about in the end?

Edit: Download finished.

It looks like the smoke at 0:58 is avoiding going through the roof.

I like the fog. It looks like a foggy, cold autumn night. The right time for some revolutionairism  tounge2.gif

The particle effects is something very smooth looking in arma II, blending in to the very compex and dense environement.

It looks like the tank drags some dust/smoke with him in this clip at 5:07:

Interactive smoke effects? Medevac blowing away the smoke of the battle wow_o.gif?

The smoke after the explosion in the newest trailer allso looks like its searching his way around the roof, not throug it.

Yes i know, i'm hyped for arma 2  biggrin_o.gif

It looks like the smoke at 0:58 is avoiding going through the roof.

I noticed that too. I'll be extremely happy if particles are affected by the geometry of other models.

Perhaps it means it wont rain indoors like it does in OFP and ArmA

An exploding UAZ, just because of shooting at it, looks a bit like hitpoints are back again ...in that 2008 build. I hope this is not going to happen in ArmAII, with newer builds, since it was tested in RL that only small-arms full of tracer ammo _can probably_ cause an fuel explosion. sad_o.gif

An exploding UAZ, just because of shooting at it, looks a bit like hitpoints are back again ...in that 2008 build. I hope this is not going to happen in ArmAII, with newer builds, since it was tested in RL that only small-arms full of tracer ammo _can probably_  cause an fuel explosion. sad_o.gif

Explosion? no, but massive fuel flame, yes. pistols.gif

Ah k...that's why debris are raining down from skye, partially in flames wink_o.gif

That NAPA video looks good. The story in Arma2 is starting to lose the OFP charm we hoped for, but gain an entirely new charm that's seeming to be just as satisfying.

Hi all

With geometry affecting particles quite complex flow simulation becomes possible. Plasma physics for fire simulation, water flow, rivers, pipes etc.

BIS will be able to make a useful simulation for Fire fighting training. As well as a First Responder simulation game. Back-draft MOD anyone?

We can also start looking at gravity formulae affects on gas density for chemical weapons.

Time to revise my fluid dynamics smile_o.gif

Particle based objects may also be possible whistle.gif

Kind Regards walker

Looking good biggrin_o.gif

I dont mind being a beta tester for you, just thought i would mention that in case you too shy to ask me, lol

I saw a moving train yay.gif

EDIT: Damn, two pages too late ^^

Yeah you are but it is worth the mention again biggrin_o.gif

That's why Germany has won this year's Oscar for a shortfilm biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for the HQ version, though with the crappy CCTV look, it doesn't really make a difference lol...

And yeah : A TRAIN !

I really like the look of their(NAPA) troops especially the half-ghillie suit guy.

Great, I just love the realism of it all !

This will be an awesome game.