Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

OFrP has a UAV under OFP too. It is a helicopter uav tho...

Saudi Arabia: Sakakah-Al Jawf Provins

sakakahro5.jpg

Sorry about the retarded Olives, think I'll remove those.

-edit-

Oh and by the way, do I get flamed for not posting a wireframe?

biggrin_o.gif

Thank you for the help but i already had those, and yes those are the biggest that seem to be around the net and they are not very big indeed. If anybody has some aviation books with prints I would very much appreciate if you could scan it and upload it.

Anyways, here is a minor update:

]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206....]

Hmmm...Ive been workin on the Mi-28N as well...but since I'm working also in EECH ,maybe you'd wanna take this project over?Its pretty much done accecpt for getting it ported into the game.Then all it needs is it rivets and panel lines and what ever details ya feel it needs.I'll post a link of it in max in a few.

]http://img.photobucket.com/albums....mg]

This was a free download model that I've reworked and remapped.Its a pretty good jump off point I'd say for your project.And since It would take me along time to learn o2,and I have other projects on the go(mi-28 cockpit for one) maybe its better to let someone else take over.I can also send you the pit when its done as well.heres another shot

]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/Havoc-1.jpg[/img]

photoshopped of course,but ya get the idea

Hey thank you for the offer, but I'm doing this as a model for my portfolio so I'm doing this on my own from scratch. The cockpit would be interesting tho, as I'm going to have to do a pit as well. Do you have any high res drawings or photos of the interior? All i have is three very lo-res pics.

Also, I'm shooting for a slightly higher polycount and detail fidelity than the model you have. For example the main rotor assembly shows the differance. But thank you anyway!

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1951/sakakahro5.jpg

-edit-

biggrin_o.gif

I hope you get that finished and release it, it looks great smile_o.gif

How big is the map? That city looks pretty big, could make some interesting missions there.

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1951/sakakahro5.jpg

-edit-

biggrin_o.gif

I hope you get that finished and release it, it looks great smile_o.gif

How big is the map? That city looks pretty big, could make some interesting missions there.

It's not completley 1:1 scale, I haven't measured it in game, but it's somewhere around 4/5 km long and ca. 2 km wide.

As for the entire landmass, it's 400km2.

@ Opteryx when u planning on releasing that cause it looks AMAZING and this would be a great Island if someone makes insurgents XD

[mg]http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/1951/sakakahro5.jpg[/img]

-edit-

biggrin_o.gif

So much already and you even got roads wow_o.gif !

47 FPS, in OPF i bet that would be some lousy 10... how can someone not love Arma?

More please inlove.gif .

Kris @ Sep. 26 2007,10:25)]@ Opteryx when u planning on releasing that cause it looks AMAZING and this would be a great Island if someone makes insurgents XD

Well BIS giving us a full version of Visitor would help a lot. confused_o.gif

Oh, and it's not an island, there's no coast, the terrain goes on forever.

Crappy Video

Nice looking island! But I do hope you plan to add some objects to the city, because right now it looks a bit dull.

@Opteryx

no you dont get flamed smile_o.gif

but you could show us some visitor pics or aereal views.

cheers

WOW Opteryx!! Looking very impressive there. Like nephilim said, i´d love to see some aerial pic/video from the city.

Man opteryx that is awesome. It would be even better with a few more streets! WOW!

Man opteryx that is awesome. It would be even better with a few more streets! WOW!

No worries, there's going to enough roads/streets, trust me, I'm placing them all manually as me we speak.... crazy_o.gif ...!

-edit-

I'd say I'm at about 40% done now...

sakakah40wt3.gif

This is just half the city.

@ johnnie_walkerz

Awesome, a Seicento!! biggrin_o.gif or shall it be Seat or Zastava?

nephilim i want to ask you about floating geometry.

i want to know if these parts need to be closed, without open areas?

using floating geometry i was able to cut down the poly count on the hand guard of my HK416 almost in half from over 4,000 to just over 2,000 polys.

i want to know if these parts need to be closed, without open areas?

Geometry can be opened in any resolution LOD (as long as one isn't also used for shadow).

Actually that's what i use to preserve the smoothing groups unchanged when importing - by dividing closed surfaces into opened ones when needed.

as panda says.

geometry doesnt have to be enclosed and doesnt have to be attached throu out

No worries, there's going to enough roads/streets, trust me, I'm placing them all manually as me we speak.... crazy_o.gif ...!

-edit-

I'd say I'm at about 40% done now...

sakakah40wt3.gif

This is just half the city.

MAN!

i cant wait for thiissssss!!!!!

if you end up needing a beta tester or whatever, let me know! biggrin_o.gif!!!!

So i was happy BIS decided to release the .50cal as sample.. crazy_o.gif untill i noticed it was pretty off if i compair it with blueprints, so decided to quickly remake the .50.

50calB.jpg

Maybe not as good shot due to O2 poor shading (at certain angles it doesn't render faces).

50cal.jpg

Ended making a much more detailed model then stock BIS one (at least in the parts where it is needed imho)...and only had 500faces more then the BIS one nener.gif .

.50cal with H24 swing arm mount = 2783 polys (.50cal with ammobox = 2025). I might delete some stuff, details on the side near the reload bar) that can be done with normals...will see (138 faces)

Maybe a question regarding an other take on the ammofeed.

I was wondering if it was possible now to animate the ammo. I know of the 'ammobelt', but i was wondering if it is possible to animate the 'virtual' ammo in the box itself.

ammofeed.jpg

I was wondering if i could animate the face (red) slowly too point 1 and 2, every time (this) gun shoots....so it looks as the ammo is getting used and when it is all up there isn't any ammo in the box. BIS used the lit on the box to cover this, but afaik (accorrding to ref. pics) they never keep lit on the box...and guess this needs to be as 'they' don't have a ammo count in the top left corner tounge2.gif .

I know of the 'ammobelt', but i was wondering if it is possible to animate the 'virtual' ammo in the box itself.

It's not only posible, it has been allready done.

Check out the Heckler & Koch HK21 from Skaven RACS Mercs weapons. It has full animations including bullets dissapearing one by one smile_o.gif.