Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

You're working several addons, some part of mods and you get bored with UV'mapping and texturing so whats the responsible thing to do? (not really) Start another one. whistle.gif

Some time ago I had made a small and simplistic structure, a Nublar Utility Shed from the first JP snes game. I decided for the heck of it to remake it, the mesh is much cleaner this time around, anyway, pic time. (Sorry if anyone goes blind)

shed1dsv6.jpg

And a wireframe so I don't get the pointing finger.

shed1dwirehb0.jpg

Tris- 1,206

Polies- 626

No interior work besides the floor done yet.

a sublte request too fill your islands opteryx? wink_o.gif

Yes. sad_o.gif

Imagine having to fill this up with ArmA buildings crazy_o.gif...... doesn't give you much variation. crazy_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I feel the same way about ArmA buildings. I just wish BIS would release the buildings from Terrain Pack 3 to the public. But will never happen =(

coming back to Mi-28 Havoc...

how many versions you guys knew of Havoc?

ok, there they are:

Mi-28 (prototype)

Mi-28A

Mi-28N (integrated night fighting capabilities, new gunner's optics)

Mi-28N updated (changed frontal gunner's optics - now completely spherical)

Mi-28NE (export version)

Mi-28NE updated (slightly modified export version)

I had to make a folder for each model of photos... jezus!

Heh, i still want to find Mi-28N's in-service photos...

I can help with that IF i can scan in some pages from this without breaking the spine of the book. There's a whole chapter on the 28n.

413GYACEYXL._AA240_.jpg

I can help with that IF i can scan in some pages from this without breaking the spine of the book. There's a whole chapter on the 28n.

If a regular scanner is going to break it, you could try using a good digital camera or cellphone camera. 3 mega pixels should do the job alright.

Or you could just hope it doesn't break, it should be strong enough tounge2.gif

Very nice, I was wondering if anyone would do a thing such as ramps, considering Arma's better suspension (though it needs bouncing), it could make some great offroadness, just download the editor extra and place a few dirt piles and hop into a humvee or UAZ, good fun.

render12copykf3.jpg

More progress, have changed really alot on the main fuselage, perhaps not immediatly visible but it is much more realistic now, looking back at the first mesh is pretty funny now. I have watched a ton of differant photos and always try to make sure i get every detail as realistic as possible. I'm still lacking a good picture of the exhaust thingy on the back so that is problematic, also finding good source pictures on the NEW AT-9 assembly is a problem right now. The interior is also a bit problematic but atleast i have some stuff on that. As for the space for the soldiers well i have no idea how that will look, from the hatch shape to the interior, so any pictures are welcome.

BUT, that said, i am now about 75% complete on the model and that is great news...

Can you post a "head-on" view of that 28? Your model just looks too skinny. The 28 is a pretty big hefty machine.

do you just look at the photos and try to match it freehand in your 3d app?? like pi*thumb as we say here in germany.

if you have good photo reference simply do a camera match

its bit fuzzy to get the FOV and the lenses right but you can extract those from the photos meta data

nice looking mi-28, i dunno if its to skinny but windows on the sides look too small. But i like the model, really nice! thumbs-up.gif

@DigitalCenturion,

read your private messages! and watch that video

a good WIP of the Tiberian Genesis Mod

GDI Wolverine

Model by Sam

Textures by Nodunit

here the pictures:

[/img]http://www.armatechsquad.com/tiberian-genesis.org/gallery/wip/gdi_wolverine.jpg[/img]

[/img]http://www.armatechsquad.com/tiberian-genesis.org/gallery/wip/gdi_wolverine2.jpg[/img]

the "original"

http://cybergooch.com/images/tibsunarchive/wolverinefiring.jpg

peace through power whistle.gif

Sentry

The machine gun 'mag cylinders' are going to be modified scratchwise ^.-; Thats around my...well actually second 'finished' texture, the jeep and whatnot were all exceedingly early wip so sorry if I let ya down this time folks.

Anyway...I really need to stop playing old games and get back to texturing...

...Derceto.. EDIT: Model modified quite a bit, post edited, contents shown in below post.

|

|

v

the house is quite small...

normally walls are about 3 meters high.

with yours its barely 2 meters smile_o.gif

@sentry

whats the polycount on this one?

the gun belts could be done over a simplifed normal map

Yeah, structures are definately not my general thing, this is the third structure in all though their all still at starts. I'v been in debate on wether or not Derceto is small, I think I need to upside the entire model a bit. And it needs plenty of tweaking.

dercpiczb7.jpg

I'm thinking I might upsize th entire model and make the topmost part wider for starters, that does look off now that I really look at it, though it could be the angle..don't think it is though.

EDIT: Yeah widening the top made one heck of a visual difference.

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7070/dercfix11fa3.jpg

Better?

Current polycount 1,587. Curren tri count 2,998.

My main concern about making the structure too high is the fear of Arma's geometry limit..though I don't think it has quite reached nearly that high yet..

EDIT #2:

Oh and the Wolverine given to me orginally with its high version model parts included is around 4,147 the changed one is 4,554 all parts included and nothing missing. I may still tweak a few things and use normal maps to suppliment them to lower it even more for the smaller bits such as the brownish grey boxes on the sides of the arms.

http://img157.imageshack.us/img157/3272/bulon8.jpg

This was the original, I was having trouble with its UV part because it always had stretch marks that didn't look so pretty..I decided to redo the feed as seen above to a more accurate representation. I have the LOD ones as well as you can see, though the offscreen one is a box conforming to the shape. I am still in debate on wether or not I will simple make a feed of HD bullets as seen above and use it for a normal map provided I have better luck with this other feed.

The reason I did it was mainly due to space on the UVmap, that is to say what little there is and I'm not really keen on moving several things around just to fit it, in the end the single bullet texture looked more appearing and was easier on the UV map. But like I said, with any luck this next box will give me a better time. So using it for normal maps isn't out of the question IF things work out. I'd be more worried if the change of count was overly drastic but its really not.

yea much better

maybe move those windows in the front top a bit more upwards

(like youd mirror then upside down)

right now theres less space at the bottom than at the top

its usually the other way around smile_o.gif

btw if youve used beveleing for eg framework make sure you detach such frames and just stack them

it will help to reduce polycount alot!

Not quite sure what you mean about the windows..I'v been working on the structure a bit more, I decided that for interior purposes I would make most of it all one mesh, not including the window bars mind you. As for the parts jutting out from the walls, no those are not bevelled, I never bevel if I can avoid it. Instead I made the wall and then a box for the part and deleted the unseen faces and left it as that to preserve the count a bit more.

Heres an update of the current more upgraded version, wireframe included. dercetonew1et6.jpg

dercetonwire1sk6.jpg

I'm afraid you'll have to ignore the odd shadowing in the second pic..not sure why that happened but you can see how the wall faces skip past the 'bevelled' edges, I only do not do this if its a must, like the top window. Either way It's going to have the four faces joined to it. Also don't mind the door, I just forgot to up that part -.o;

Current count, everything included minus the reference model.

Tri's- 3,014

Faces- 1,578

I can't really move the windows up much higher because as you can see, the extrusion on the sides is either just under or lined up with the porch, if I move it any higher it'll be off. I blame Prezgt for the design.