Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

As the topic, a WIP test picture of the color/specular and normal maps on the minigun:

WIPminigun_maptest1.jpg

Still need to tweak the material slightly and make some new material for the rubber/non-metal parts.

Specular at its highest reflection angle in pic, but think it comes out realisticly even with current settings.

Still need to semi redo the highlights on specular map since some are pretty of (crappy modo and its thick UV lines icon_rolleyes.gif ) and adjust some other thngs that went wrong in a hurry...

Thanks to Rock and Javhe (info and help smile_o.gif ).

Comments and suggestion always welcome.

EDIT: for each type of texture -> a 2048x2048 map atm. Considering lowering it (1024x1024) or maybe the 'shader' maps only if it still allows good quality.

Those textures look really cool thumbs-up.gif , and personally, I would use 1024x1024 simply because i think that is enough, especially if mounted on a vehicle which could use about another two or three 1024x1024s (plus normal and specular...)

This is the Nissan Fairlady I have been working on...

Fairlady_Oxygen_2_1_by_WMDan.png

Fairlady_Oxygen_2_by_WMDan.png

Model complete... texturing and coding to do.

Err, can you show us a wireframe? And...that can't be done.

ch-53 sea stallion in wip

inside model is still need to be made but its going ok.

ch531.jpg

ch532.jpg

right now its 6858 poly and 7087 faces.

it will evolve to ch-53 e also

sfc

nice chopper! smile_o.gif what abilities will it have? Any fast roping? Or any chance you can get it to use RKSL's cargo script for carrying ammo crates or barrels? Also how many troops will it carry and what kind of weapons or special stuff will it have? smile_o.gif yeah i know i got to much time on my hands today crazy_o.gif

@ DaSquade & SFC ....... lovely  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

@Wmdaniel .... those screenies don't do the model justice .. keep up the good work.

I was wondering if I was able to model a whole plane in only one day...

Well, that's the result :

l39_2.jpg

About 8 hours work, it still lacks the landing gear and the interior, but I think I'll finish it later.

wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gifthumbs-up.gif 8 hours straight! wow you didn't told me that detail earlier! you're crazy! lol GOOD JOB Chris!

next challenge: a model + textures in one day biggrin_o.gif j/k

it's ALBATROS L-39C made by Chekoslovakia or L-39ZA or L-139 or L-159? quite difficult to decide by it's nose now... whistle.gif

but hey, in 8 hours... that's... you are quite fast thumbs-up.gif

L-139 and 159 has round nose, like this one, which has been lying on my hdd for some time now...

alcawk2.jpg

so far it has points: 3922 faces: 3781, but it's low priority atm.

i were refering it to the model, not to how it looks in RL, because i know... rofl.gif

model's nose is round completely, so it's hard to choose between L-39 - 159 what model will it be...

anyway huh.gif

I had decided earlier not to show any more wip screens of the Mi-28 but here goes anyways:

render18rx1.th.jpg

Model: 90% (missing some steps and antennas)

Texture: 60%

Interior: 20%

Lods: 0%

Scripts & Config: 0%

I actually wish i had spent even more polies on it now, but you gotta move forward eventually if you ever want it done.

Mine is atm a L-39C (trainer version). I think I'll make it a L-39ZO with ground attack capabilities.

That's cool I'll definately look forward to it. thumbs-up.gif

I'm currently working on a new retex:

South Sahrani Police SWAT:

WIP Screenshots.

swat01xi9.th.jpg

swat02yd5.th.jpg

Feedbacks welcome smile_o.gif

Hey! that SWAT looks awesome, custom vest even (custom textured I mean, not original US vest biggrin_o.gif )

ya know, you should add SSPD markings and new weapon, from some weapons pack smile_o.gif

ya know, you should add SSPD markings and new weapon, from some weapons pack smile_o.gif

Thanks for the feedback/suggestion smile_o.gif.

I planed to add special weapons, maybe Bigmike's Gun Pack with G36ACOG and MP5ACOG + some shotgun.

As for the Police markingss, we don't see them well on the screenshots, but there is "POLICIA" written in white on the front and back of the vest + Policia patch on the left shoulder.

Looks cool! A bit militaristic somehow, i cna't point it out but maybe its the camoed pants and jacket. He should have some more black or dark blue color. But not all countries "swat" units look the same, i mean look at russias Omon forces. Hmm this dude almost looks like one of those guys at least with the camoed clothes. smile_o.gif

Good to use spanish btw to suit South Sahrani wink_o.gif

If you wanna use some high quality hand guns i vote for Robert Hammers pistols 1.5. inlove.gif