Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Hehe, very nice, makes my Havoc look pretty crappy sad_o.gifsmile_o.giftounge2.gif

Oh well, i'm making steady but slow progress. Got the rotor assembly modeled today, think i got it right. the detail amount is probably more than sufficient for a "casual" helo-sim like ArmA.

render4rh0.jpg

render5wf7.jpg

Oh my, the detail on the main rotor is actually very nice. If you have any doubts then I'd recommend referring to the Mi-17/24 rotors, I think they used the same on all three.

lbwhitesmvn8.jpg

Almost done..still needs several tweaks and additions, wheels are obsolete and need to be rehauled entirerly, M299 needs to be redone, part that connects the 'disco ball' to the frame needs to be fixed..etc.

Don't mind them kinda crushed..that was a failed attempt to make it looked grounded.

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Thats the dutch version isnt it?

It looks awesome no matter what. Cant wait to use it in arma, going to be great. Helicopter flying is really cool with the trees and the terrain, and now since ofp with the proper handling.

nice work patces!

ps, i almost dropped a dookie whedn i saw that!

crazy_o.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

Thats the dutch version isnt it?

It looks awesome no matter what. Cant wait to use it in arma, going to be great. Helicopter flying is really cool with the trees and the terrain, and now since ofp with the proper handling.

Yes that is correct, it needs a few parts added into the pods first however. Depending on how difficult it is, I intend to get national variants aside form just US ingame, if its too difficult I may ask for Franze's assistance but its my hope to have all nations this time.

It wasn't dooable in OFP because of base model innacuracies, lack of proper UV's and having no clue on how textures work and their sizes to use.

@USSRsniper that was a bit of a harsh word to use, saying "So it will look correct" would be better wording wink_o.gif Chances are however that DigitalCenturion is keeping it like that for now so if anyone has any recommendations, they can see them easiest.

Also patchs that RAH-66 is very shmexy, I love the landing gear details

Oh my, the detail on the main rotor is actually very nice. If you have any doubts then I'd recommend referring to the Mi-17/24 rotors, I think they used the same on all three.

actualy, Mi-28's main rotor was born from creation of Mi-26 main rotor's design... (if i remember it right) but this doesn't mean that these both rotor systems are the same.

damn it, now i'll have to searh a video about Mi-28's creation...

@DigitalCenturion

i think the radar done on the nose should be less pointy in the front, think on the mi28 its rounds.

@patches.

very nice

show us a wireframe please!

personally i think the inner part of the enclosed back rotor cover could use a few more segments

guys once again PLEASE share your wireframes and polycounts along with it.

its zero to none information if you just post an AO render and place it here...

this thread is meant to improve and tweak your model.

hows people supposed to help you if you just show fancy renders

Nephilim yes i should also post the wireframe, but I don't want to before i have worked on it some more, i am aware that it's pretty sloppy at the moment.

@plasman: thank you. And yes, I use that walkaround quite extensively, for example i used it almost solely when i modeled the main rotor.

@USSRsniper: yes, the tought struck me too, so here it is in a nicer render. Still no AO fancy-schmancy stuff, I'm no render guru smile_o.gif

render6sdq2.jpg

Also, I will post a rotor comparison for you nonbelievers later tounge2.gif

It still misses some parts and need to be scaled a bit.

I'm going to be away for the weekend so no updates for a while huh.gif

wink_o.gif

EDIT: 8662 tris so far whistle.gif

Wow, all these choppers make me chill wink_o.gif

Beautiful beasts ! Great models, good job addon makers smile_o.gif

Malick

looking good digital centurion thumbs-up.gif

don't forget to widen fuselage under the pylons

Nephilim yes i should also post  the wireframe, but I don't want to before i have worked on it some more, i am aware that it's pretty sloppy at the moment.

@plasman: thank you. And yes, I use that walkaround quite extensively, for example i used it almost solely when i modeled the main rotor.

@USSRsniper: yes, the tought struck me too, so here it is in a nicer render. Still no AO fancy-schmancy stuff, I'm no render guru smile_o.gif

Also, I will post a rotor comparison for you nonbelievers  later tounge2.gif

I'm going to be away for the weekend so no updates for a while  huh.gif  

wink_o.gif

EDIT: 8662 tris so far  whistle.gif

Nice, this way its easier to spot errors in your wireframe.

heh and about polygon count, I think you are OK, because BIS A-10 fos example has something like 13K, and BIS soldiers 8800 something don't remember exact numbers.

Love the Havoc Centurion smile_o.gif

Here's a preview of an SG soldier I'm working on.

wireco1.th.jpg

greymk4.th.jpg

Still alot of work to be done on the cap, and after that I gotta do a complete overhaul of the body crazy_o.gif

Nephilim yes i should also post  the wireframe, but I don't want to before i have worked on it some more, i am aware that it's pretty sloppy at the moment.

Also, I will post a rotor comparison for you nonbelievers  later tounge2.gif

I'm going to be away for the weekend so no updates for a while  huh.gif  

wink_o.gif

EDIT: 8662 tris so far  whistle.gif

Nice, this way its easier to spot errors in your wireframe.

heh and about polygon count, I think you are OK, because BIS A-10 fos example has something like 13K, and BIS soldiers 8800 something don't remember exact numbers.

The bis soldier is around 10k with weapon.

Thank you for the help but i already had those, and yes those are the biggest that seem to be around the net and they are not very big indeed. If anybody has some aviation books with prints I would very much appreciate if you could scan it and upload it.

Anyways, here is a minor update:

[im]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/3056/render3copywh9.jpg[/img]

Hmmm...Ive been workin on the Mi-28N as well...but since I'm working also in EECH ,maybe you'd wanna take this project over?Its pretty much done accecpt for getting it ported into the game.Then all it needs is it rivets and panel lines and what ever details ya feel it needs.I'll post a link of it in max in a few.

HavocInMax.jpg

This was a free download model that I've reworked and remapped.Its a pretty good jump off point I'd say for your project.And since It would take me along time to learn o2,and I have other projects on the go(mi-28 cockpit for one) maybe its better to let someone else take over.I can also send you the pit when its done as well.heres another shot

[ig]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Badger343rd/Havoc-1.jpg[/img]

photoshopped of course,but ya get the idea

I spent some time working on my WMIK today....so here's the result, it's still missing specular and normal maps as well as some other parts that need to be modelled. The model is at 7456 faces now.

wmikju0.jpg

I spent some time working on my WMIK today....so here's the result, it's still missing specular and normal maps as well as some other parts that need to be modelled. The model is at 7456 faces now.

snap smile_o.gif Loving the extra kit stowed on yours. Hand drawn barbed wire, or photo?

armawmik.jpg

although still need to rattle on all the extra equipment and the such, as she is looking a little bare - normal maps and specular, although not complete for the whole model - mainly the wheels, bonnet and some of the sides.

currently 8000, although the current SUSAT is too high poly and will remove a couple of hundred of - still looking pretty good for my 8500/9000 max with all the extra kit

It's a photo, reworked a lot though. Your extra kit looks good. I'll have to rework mine and probably add more bits to it since it's quite low poly (even for arma). I didn't want it to have many faces but since the release of bis mlods it looks I'm still quite far from their standard facecount smile_o.gif

yeah, about 8500 for the M2 hummwv, which is rather a lot considering what it is.

can't wait to see yours wit normal maps on - I have a feeling the barbed wire will look rather incredible with some nice normal maps - although I equally suspect that it'll be a pain to do - I don't envy you tounge2.gif

not so clued up on the czech kit - does it only come with the pk/dshk combo, or are there other weapons attached?

The other combo is PK+AGS-17, I'll make this version too.

scopes on vehicle mounted weapons should be lower..

guys next one who just posts a render/dozer screen gets his ass smacked...

wink_o.gif