Sign in to follow this  
adumb

WIP: stuff you are working on!

Very early WIP of a planned Mi-28 pack, containing both Mi-28A and Mi-28N versions with differant loadouts plus both SLA and RACS versions. I still desperately need hi-res blueprints so if you have any please PM me or post in the addon research thread, thx!

How about this one?

hmi28_vl.jpg

I think he meant high resolution and there this pic lacks.

Makes me wonder if i have the half done OFP Mi-28 still somwhere....

Hey Shadow the old ofp mod team that did the mi-28 havoc did a pretty good job, even though it was a bit over powered compared to original stuff biggrin_o.gifofp.info link loved the extra H.U.D.'s and sights and sounds on it smile_o.gif

Thank you for the help but i already had those, and yes those are the biggest that seem to be around the net and they are not very big indeed. If anybody has some aviation books with prints I would very much appreciate if you could scan it and upload it.

Anyways, here is a minor update:

render3copywh9.jpg

Im worked on PMC - screens from early beta and beta test in game.

detail1kc3.th.jpgdetail2lc8.th.jpgdetail3oo1.th.jpgimage1dw2.th.jpg

I dont know about that pistol holder... could it be made like in Americas army, that when you have pistol "in back" at holder, other people will see it at holder, not just disappearing from its hand to nowhere.  icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW: does that "PCM" mean "Private Military Company"?

Quote[/b] ]"Private Military Company?"
- rather Private Mercenary Company smile_o.gif

rapid info responce team is back...

Mi-28A

15366843uz0.th.png

Mi-28 prototype and Mi-28A schemes and drawings

Funny thing, i scanned these drawings from magazine, which was released in 97', found those drawings with extra features(me and my brother played with pencils and we sucessfully upgraded Mi-28A to Mi-28N biggrin_o.gif this was long ago, 10 years ago, we were kids then(about 11 years old)... so i had to erase "upgrades", but you will still be able to see them) and paintscheme is from italeri Havoc model manual...

It's easy to find photos of Mi-28A and N, but it's hard to get good drawings, that's strange... crazy_o.gif

P.S. my brother will send these to airwar.ru, because they lack the drawings too ;D

Quote[/b] ]"Private Military Company?"
- rather Private Mercenary Company smile_o.gif

"Mercenaries" tends to be a term attributed to them only

by journalists. The initialism "PMC" means "Private Military

Company" or "Private Military Corporation".

Yes, mercenary tend to be considered as a derogatory term nowadays. They are more often called "contractors". Btw if I remember well the teasers there will be contractors in Queen's Gambit.

I've heard PMC = Private Military Contractors.  Like Plasman said.

GD Mast

rapid info responce team is back...

Mi-28A

15366843uz0.th.png

Mi-28 prototype and Mi-28A schemes and drawings

Funny thing, i scanned these drawings from magazine, which was released in 97', found those drawings with extra features(me and my brother played with pencils and we sucessfully upgraded Mi-28A to Mi-28N biggrin_o.gif this was long ago, 10 years ago, we were kids then(about 11 years old)... so i had to erase "upgrades", but you will still be able to see them) and paintscheme is from italeri Havoc model manual...

It's easy to find photos of Mi-28A and N, but it's hard to get good drawings, that's strange... crazy_o.gif

P.S. my brother will send these to airwar.ru, because they lack the drawings too ;D

Thank you very much for this, this will go a long way of ensuring that my Mi-28 will be done, i was very frustrated yesterday because of the lack of drawings and the inherent difficulty of trying to replicate stuff with just eye-measurment. I want this model to be very realistic, it is necessary and I'm doing it both because I'd like a Mi28 in Arma and because i need it for my portfolio.

@Aussie

Very Cooool Island, very nice. wink_o.gif

Whats the name or suprise biggrin_o.gif

Nice island Aussie ! It looks roughly the size of South Sahrani, am I right ?

By the way, you could add some bridges to it. And I don't see any towns, villages, settlements ?

Good job !

Malick

Thank you for the kind words, Unfortunetly the island is only very small. sad_o.gif  It started out as a test project and progressed from there.As for the question of towns, yes there are quite a few plus military bases.The island has been made specifically for CTI missions which we have been testing for many months and is almost ready for release (yes JIP is working).

As for the island name, it was roughly modelled on an island south of Fiji called Yanutha, so that will be its final name.

As for bridges I tried many times to find a way to make the AI cross over them but theres just no way for them to do it. Therfore I had to rework the river to put land bridges at both ends. Bit of a bummer really as I wanted to use many bridges

As for bridges I tried many times to find a way to make the AI cross over them but theres just no way for them to do it. Therfore I had to rework the river to put land bridges at both ends. Bit of a bummer really as I wanted to use many bridges

Naaaah, don't let yourself down 'cause of the AI...

Think, if BIS corrects the "bridge crossing bug", your island would then become fully playable smile_o.gif

Malick

First time posting here. There is all sorts of nice stuff here you guys are working on.

Started doing a Comanche to stick in there

rah66_4.jpg

rah66_3.jpg