Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

I wan't to know if they plan to release the whole pack or addons by addons ?

Also a long shall we wait for this ?

For first question please click this link

As far the second one, guess no-one can answer that one yet.

smile_o.gif

Hi all

Not on the CWR team but I feel their pain when people continually ask:

Quote[/b] ]Also a long shall we wait for this ?
sic.
Quote[/b] ]<Sketch>

Family driving on the motorway.

Kiddy in the back shouts. "Are we there yet?"

Parent at wheel replies. "No"

One minute later Kiddy in the back shouts. "Are we there yet?"

Parent at wheel replies. "No"

Parent at wheel replies. "No!"

Parent at wheel pulls over halts car and repeatedly bangs head on wheel.

Kiddy in the back shouts. "Are we there yet?"

<End Sketch>

Spending all your time answering the same stupid question, rather than developing, drives anyone up the wall. Especialy when the only possible answer is: It will be ready when it is ready.

Kind Regards walker

Well im not gonna ask 'whens it gonna be' but i'll give you my eager wishes for this project! biggrin_o.gif

Good luck! Cant wait smile_o.gif

It's been 6 months since this thread got started and you guys didn't show anything at all.

What are you, Inv44 the Second Coming?

It's been 6 months since this thread got started and you guys didn't show anything at all.

I think so they will not give us anything information before they finale realease this and everything will be until that a big secret. And that is the good way to do it.

There will be news when there's something to report.

If this turns into round 2 of CWR flaming then I close it again.

There will be news when there's something to report.

That's exactly the problem, there's nothing to report after 6 months. I thought this mod was going somewhere since BIS are officially involved but it sure doesn't seem like it. :/

Quote[/b] ]That's exactly the problem, there's nothing to report after 6 months. I thought this mod was going somewhere since BIS are officially involved but it sure doesn't seem like it. :/

Maybe you have done much more in this 6 months...  confused_o.gif

Even if they do not show progress of their work, I am sure that the CWR team is working hard to provide us with the best possible adaptation of the OFP campaigns. It can seem long when you are outside from the team, but it needs much coordination and discussion in a team to make things advance, and the results of a some brainstormings are not visible until a long time.

Please be patient.

To suggest ideas and discuss them. As well as to ask questions regarding the content (but not the progress) of the project. Though of late, I've begun to wonder if it would be better to lock this until there is news to post, because almost every post is "When will you release this?" or "Whats the point in this thread" or "What are you, INV44?". None of which are constructive or useful in anyway.

Why don't you help them? With your far advanced skills the CWR project would be released within 2 months.

Meanwhile I've never seen a whiner produce a better mod than the people he is bashing. Just because people are bitching won't mean that the mod will be released any further, or be of any higher quality.

"Whining is easier than working"

The "ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION" section has little use at the moment since most of it consists of daily rants, uninformed questions (mostly regarding tools). The section might be more appropriatly titled as "ADDONS & MODS: BASHING".

Best of luck to the CWR team, better to work on actual content than on publishing news. Invasion 1944 took two years to develop by a tiny team, if CWR takes half as much it would be a great achievement. As long as the project is released before Game 2 is then it's fine with me thumbs-up.gif

Some people underestimate how long it takes to develop a mod, simply by never having attempted it themselves, or having given up after a day or two.

Quote[/b] ]Why don't you help them? With your far advanced skills the CWR project would be released within 2 months.

Ok!

Quote[/b] ]Signup is closed. smile_o.gif

Well sheet...

6 months is a long time. It's half a year.

BTW inv44 got developed for a lot more then 2 years and then just died.

Well sheet...

6 months is a long time. It's half a year.

Has it really been that long?

Wow.

It is progressing even if you don't see anything posted here.

Also ARMA editing requires way more time and effort than anything I ever did in OFP, and tried almost everything you could editing OFP other than scripting.

If something took 2 weeks to do in OFP, for me it's taking 2 months.

If something took 2 weeks to do in OFP, for me it's taking 2 months.

Thats called getting old and lazy, son.

old maybe, but I don't think how I work on this stuff could ever be described as lazy. Inefficient and old fashioned, but never lazy.

FFS, I'm old enough to feasibly be your daddy... son. rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]BTW inv44 got developed for a lot more then 2 years and then just died.

As can be read on the picture accompanying the close of the mod, and as said many times before:

Normandy 2001-2003

Sicily 2003-2004

Market Garden 2004-2006

All of these had entirely different "Invasion 1944" teams working on them. The term "Invasion 1944" covers a wide range of projects, and side-projects, not just one mod like some people believe despite of all of the evidence disproving this fact.

Sadly, some people like yourself believe in their own truth rather than facts, due to their own arrogance, or a misguided belief of hatred towards people that actually do try to give people something for free instead of only providing free bashing and whining.

CWR being closed now didn't prevent you from joining them when you could still sign up, if registration would still have been open, you and people like you would have just come up with another excuse, like "I'm too busy in real life, but can post all day long on these forums, bashing those that actually do make mods, with my own vast experience in mod-making as proof to have earned me the right to bash others none the less".

The question still stands, where are the perfect mods that you yourself made that gives you the right to whine at people that work to provide you with a mod free of charge, in their own free time, to question their work-ethic, their productivity?

Since when do people that actually produce something for this community have to answer to people like you?

Sorry about going off-topic (well, the side-topic of bashing is ontopic whistle.gif )

Edit: small typo

@Sniper Skull & Ebud: It's called "being thorough", not "old" wink_o.gif

Respect to all those involved with the CWR team , and a big Boo to all you whingers out there , making a mod is hard work , you don't get paid you get sick of what your doing you get real life hassles for doing it, and one of the main reasons for doing it to provide something great for community , and for why? to get lambasted for attempting such a selfless thing, man some people make me shake my head in disdain, they have no respect , they think the world owes them something , and they want it yesterday for free, all you complainers out there , think of this why don't you just hushh your mouth , before you open it , to complain. You should be ashamed .Constructive cristicism is the only criticism that should be tolerated in these forums . anyway sorry for the rant .

Regards and Respect

Neilreed101

Respect to all those involved with the CWR team , and a big Boo to all you whingers out there , making a mod is hard work , you don't get paid you get sick of what your doing you get real life hassles for doing it, and one of the main reasons for doing it to provide something great for community , and for why? to get lambasted for attempting such a selfless thing, man some people make me shake my head in disdain, they have no respect , they think the world owes them something , and they want it yesterday for free, all you complainers out there , think of this why don't you just hushh your mouth , before you open it , to complain. You should be ashamed .Constructive cristicism is the only criticism that should be tolerated in these forums . anyway sorry for the rant .

Regards and Respect

Neilreed101

I totally agree with you... But this thing is growing with the Armed-Assault Community.

@CWR-Team: Don't let them get you down. If you see the details you know that you're working hard on that. I saw nobody so far who could import an ofp-mission to arma. Maybe ofman is a bit faster than you guys in island converting, but I would recommend to contact him and cooperate with him. Anyway you all are doing a great work so far. And remember real-life has priority! smile_o.gif

Good Luck.

I wonder if they'll putt all 3 campaign islands on the one map?

It can certainly be done, and would greatly improve mission possibilities for those of us who love to revisit the past in all its glory

I wonder if they'll putt all 3 campaign islands on the one map?

It can certainly be done, and would greatly improve mission possibilities for those of us who love to revisit the past in all its glory

I don't think so.

Their release schedule is clear; Original OFP+Resistance content; AEC Wasn't part of original game smile_o.gif

But I'm sure we will have AEC-alike one way or the other :P

true, but it would remove the need for the rather silly 'take off' mission, and this time you can actually fly to kolgujev smile_o.gif

Maybe ofman is a bit faster than you guys in island converting, but I would recommend to contact him and cooperate with him.

While I haven't looked at what he is doing, I think it's pretty amazing that people are able to get working islands already.

That being said, he hasn't had to spend the last few months making 12800x12800 6 gig layered photoshop files trying to create hires fictional satellite images and terrain masks from scratch and work of other aspects as well. We'll see how fast islands get made in the future once people need to make all the files that are actually required for islands smile_o.gif