Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

No offence mate, but then what's the purpose of having this thread as a sticky if you guys are not making a comment?

Abs

fardwark, +1WL and 24h PR for flaming. I hope the ego from none of the CWR members depends on this thread biggrin_o.gif But you'd better do something for your ego, if it has problems with stickied threads.

@Abs: Currently we don't have to discuss anything, some weeks ago we had to discuss some things. I don't know who it stickied, I guess Placebo did that, probably because this is a BI initiative... wink_o.gif

/edit: BTW, please check the size of your sig, it's too high (all in all 150px is the limit).

well here is another one, bmp2, a10, ural, 5t truck, m1a1, uh60, mi17... most things are already ingame in ArmA.

So will CWR use these ones and add new ones to match that quality or what can we expect?

The bikipage just tells us the t55 will be a import for "prototype testing".

What about stuff thats almost the same but not really, like the car red, MASH tent and buildings. (ArmA got the same buildings but diffrent colors, Petrowich would be the same with the red houses thats in ArmA).

I think people mistake this mod as a mere port. I assume this is not the case? So Im thinking anything that would need to be inported would be remade from scratch or from existing but higher qaulity work than from the original release?

As put by GranQ there are things allready in arma, however these may or may not require re-configuration or retexturing to resemble that of classic OFP.

So what's the release date on this thing... this year or... later? Vague is fine, I just want to know the ballpark of the release.

Just curious why it still says call to arms underneath the threads title..... I wanted to join this project months ago, but saw it was closed for people joining.....

Is this the message people should get to join the CWR team ?

Just curious why it still says call to arms underneath the threads title..... I wanted to join this project months ago, but saw it was closed for people joining.....

I only edited the first post; now I also changed the subtitle. The call to arms ended long ago, I'm sorry sad_o.gif

To sum it up:

Don't talk about other teams, this is only CWR.

Don't ask about progess. No information will be answered.

Don't make comments that isn't constuctive.

Don't ask to join, no more members accepted.

Don't ask about release dates, you won't get one.

Don't discuss the CWR team in a "negative way".

Don't not discuss the tools. Posts gets deleted.

Don't comment on why this thread is a sticky. Just accept it.

Nah, I had to add something: Don't spam. smile_o.gif

Nah, I had to add something: Don't spam. smile_o.gif

well, thats part of the normal rules right? I just took the CWR thread specific.

So, one might ask, what is the current purpose of this thread? I gather it was originally used to rally support for CWR, but now it seems as if it has no purpose at all. Shouldn't it be locked and unstickied then?

I only edited the first post; now I also changed the subtitle. The call to arms ended long ago, I'm sorry sad_o.gif

You meand if the best addon maker in the world wanted to join CWR mod team, you would not let him in?

To sum it up:

Don't talk about other teams, this is only CWR.

Don't ask about progess. No information will be answered.

Don't make comments that isn't constuctive.

Don't ask to join, no more members accepted.

Don't ask about release dates, you won't get one.

Don't discuss the CWR team in a "negative way".

Don't not discuss the tools. Posts gets deleted.

Don't comment on why this thread is a sticky. Just accept it.

Holy crap that's a lot of rules...

Quote[/b] ]You meand if the best addon maker in the world wanted to join CWR mod team, you would not let him in?

That means all positions needed for working on the project are set, no more addon makers, scripters or whatever are needed.

Quote[/b] ]Holy crap that's a lot of rules...

That's a lot of fictional rules.

That means all positions needed for working on the project are set, no more addon makers, scripters or whatever are needed.

Are you paying people?

That would be the only reason not to let more members in (that equals to more effecient work)

Simple math.

Unless you are... Hiding something?

Are you paying people?

That would be the only reason not to let more members in (that equals to more effecient work)

Simple math.

No, we're neither paying them nor are we hiding something. smile_o.gif

Are you paying people?

Simple math.

Not necessarily. When projects reach towards the deadline and there is much work still to do it is counter-constructive to add more members - or resources in general - as you have more work telling the new staff what to do than they can do productive work for you.

I think this does not apply here however because cwr should be far away from any release.

There's a good saying in software development (the last post reminds me of it, even though it does not quite fit here):

If you are late in a software project, adding resources (people) to the project will only make it later.

I think one can expand that to a lot in the modding scene smile_o.gif

EDIT: ":-)" should also work as smiley ...

How exactly does this apply here? If you want to express this in terms of software projects, they've only just written the first specifications for the project, which is exactly when you want to be bringing in more people to cope with your project requirements.

Also, I don't see how they can say all positions have been filled at this early stage. In my experience with modding for OFP, there's always a need for another guy to help you do those models, textures, scripts and so on.

It would be nice if the CWR team could just be honest and say that they don't want to include more people because they don't wish to give up their sense of belonging to a selected group of people. We're (mostly) grownups around here, we can handle the truth.

Also, I don't see how they can say all positions have been filled at this early stage. In my experience with modding for OFP, there's always a need for another guy to help you do those models, textures, scripts and so on.

Who else if not the CWR team can say if all slots are filled?

What exactly you want to achieve with this? They said months ago that there is currently no need for new members.

Quote[/b] ]It would be nice if the CWR team could just be honest and say that they don't want to include more people because they don't wish to give up their sense of belonging to a selected group of people. We're (mostly) grownups around here, we can handle the truth.

That is, sorry, the biggest crap I've seen today in these forums.

You said it correctly, currently all work done is making specifications and config work. So why new members should be accepted and for what? Sitting around and twirl thumbs all day?

Currently there is no need to accept new members, period

This whole mod sounds great but every response reminds me of old BAS threads.

Every question is treated as if it were stupid (even if it is) but that serves no good to anyone.

Maybe lay off "modding" the life out of your own thread or just lock it until it actually serves a purpose.

I actually understand them. If you've got an encouraged team fulfilling the requirements who can work together and are used to certain rules and working conditions, why should you take the hassle and try to bring new guys in? New guys always have to get used to a team and vice versa, which isn't always very productive.

There has been the moment when EVERYONE had the possibility to sign up - and no-one did, for a good reason: Being a member of CWR actually means a lot of work and a lot of responsibility. It is not easy to find motivated and skilled guys willing to spend a lot of time on such a project. Acquiring new people also means a risk - the risk of taking in unproductive guys. Why should CWR take up this risk, if not for a good reason?

It seems to me that people are only moaning since the option to join right now simply doesn't exist. If it would - no-one would sign up either, for the above reason, just as it was months ago.