Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

not sure if this has been asked but is it planned to have all the islands on one map.

No, this will break a lot of stuff (like the campaign and all missions). CWR stays true to Elite the way it is and improve it to modern standards smile_o.gif.

If we were to make one map with all Islands on it, it would take much much longer before we can arrest Guba again tounge2.gif .

Any released schedule ?

Given your first impressions on how fast things are going, can we expect this around the us release in may ? or further away ?

Thanks

Eric

I just want to have a rough estimate of how much time such a port can take and how many people are working on it.

It's a usefull information for campain and addon makers for planification purpose (when the tools are out).

If it's 6 months it's fine, but 10 years ? Well, better start porting it to Game 3...

We're around 10 people. Don't take boake's comment serious, he's not in the team. No comment on the release date. confused_o.gif

Even if we had one, we probably would tell you it tounge2.gif

Besides, we're not getting paid for this stuff, so its hard to press deadlines on ourselves. wink_o.gif

BTW is it planed to use a all new GUI or to use the good old OFP style GUI?

BTW is it planed to use a all new GUI or to use the good old OFP style GUI?

We won't change the GUI now. No idea what happens if we have the main conversion done. smile_o.gif

is there any % progress indicator ?

and another one

i know that discussion about Bug Tracking Systems is most likely over

yet i came over new version of FlySpray http://flyspray.org/

i like Mantis yet there are some features in FS which may change my mind ...

so take look, test and decide over wink_o.gif

Sorry, no %.

We already have an CWR-internal mantis tracker... wink_o.gif

Sorry, no %.

We already have an CWR-internal mantis tracker... wink_o.gif

oki, i'm fine with that wink_o.gif was just asking whistle.gif

crap how did I miss this topic.I would have liked to help on a project like this.

I own Arma ,OFP etc...

If you guys use the old models then will you be using the old animations? I'd like those anims. :O

And you would sooner or later have to update the T-80, M60 and BMP-1 models, all the other vehicles are made in ArmA and obviously look a lot better.

If you guys use the old models then will you be using the old animations? I'd like those anims. :O

But they were all hunched over... crazy_o.gif

But they were all hunched over... crazy_o.gif

Well soldiers tend to hunch.

Atleast make it optional to change to those anims. sad_o.gif

Its my understanding that ArmA uses different selection names for unit models, which are used in the animations. As such older animations aren't compatible with new models (and vice-versa - old models aren't compatible with new animations). However, I may be wrong.

Its my understanding that ArmA uses different selection names for unit models, which are used in the animations. As such older animations aren't compatible with new models (and vice-versa - old models aren't compatible with new animations). However, I may be wrong.

I also thought Arma used...the skeleton thingy crazy_o.gif .

I dont know how can someone ask for the old OPF anims again heh biggrin_o.gif .

I also thought Arma used...the skeleton thingy crazy_o.gif .

I dont know how can someone ask for the old OPF anims again heh biggrin_o.gif .

Well i just hate the ArmA running animations. Sure the standing animations when you have your gun on your back look weird in Elite but... still it's a tradeoff i'm willing to accept.

What are you trying to say Jackal? That the old anims are impossible to implement into ArmA or that the old Elite models can't use the ArmA anims?

Also... i liked the sounds more in elite too, oddly enough.

The only things i find better in ArmA are the trees, the grass, the vehicles and the unlimited island size, rest would be nice in original Elite form (yea even the smoke, the ArmA smoke reminds me too much of John's smoke effects pack).

I have no idea how things are between Elite and ArmA, so maybe i'm asking for a world of stuff here. I just thought that some things were nicer in Elite and maybe an optional anim/sound pack (radio sounds are definately better in elite) could be released somewhere along the mods existance. whistle.gif

edit: the ArmA hands do look nicer though.

I think that despite some odd preferences going back to elite is... well... going back, downgrade, step back, etc.

Quote[/b] ]The only things i find better in ArmA are the trees, the grass, the vehicles and the unlimited island size, rest would be nice in original Elite

Uh?

crazy_o.gif .

Does anyone from CWR even visit here anymore?

They could just say a fat NO or something atleast.