Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

[CS]SOBR[1st-I-R]

if it is 1985, soldiers cannot be in Russian camo !

Flora, VSR, Tigr, other camo were issued after 1990 , in 1985 most of Soviet soldiers worn khaki uniform or in battle sometimes KLMK combineson or some of troops KZS uniform

also in 1985 there should be not only M1A1 Abrams , but M1 with 105 mm gun

in late 70' and early 80' USSR was stronger, US had than only M60 tanks while Soviets had T72, T80, on the ground US tanks had no chances, T72, T80 has automatic loading cannon, while US tanks has man - loader loading by own hands

in OFP there was M1A1 in 1985 :] while it was just starting to mass production, the same goes to M16A2

in 1984 there were only M16A1 and M1 with 105 mm, so why in OFP in 1985 all soldiers have M16A2 and M1A1?

i hope CWR will be more realistic to the era than OFP

later BIS added Bizon - i would like you all find that Bison is manufactured since circa 1995 wink_o.gif

USSR specnaz should have silenced AKMS, AKS74U, but not Bison SMG

that what concerns 1985 crisis

west armies stayed stronger in second half of 80'

Ok but other than that it was dead on. thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

My question though is:

Are the maps being made "exactly the same" as the originals for size/layout/look or are changes being made such as making the map larger in scale and making the towns larger like in ArmA?

Same size and layout as far as I can tell. Size for Malden is the same. It wouldn't make sense to change them too much as that would break the old missions made on them.

As we are speaking of historical context, does anyone here have RL information about rilfe-fired mortar as it was implemented in OFP?

The French Army still uses the AC-58 and AP/AV-58 rifle grenades. The were created by OFrP for OFP.

As we are speaking of historical context, does anyone here have RL information about rilfe-fired mortar as it was implemented in OFP?

The French Army still uses the AC-58 and AP/AV-58 rifle grenades. The were created by OFrP for OFP.

Roger, thanks. smile_o.gif

About the M1 vs M1A1 issue, CWC is set in the cold war era, not specifically in 1985, wouldn't it be smarter to just say it takes place after the M1A1 was created. Less work that way.

Same size and layout as far as I can tell. Size for Malden is the same. It wouldn't make sense to change them too much as that would break the old missions made on them.

totaly agree with you, if you poke around and change to too much what would be the point.

Really looking forward for the demo release, hopefully not too far away.

http://kpcti.granq.se/images/malden1.jpg

http://kpcti.granq.se/images/malden2.jpg

http://kpcti.granq.se/images/malden3.jpg

Listing on those old voices telling you to get pull over brings back sweet memories =)

Great work peoples! Simple progress reports are very welcome.

About the M1 vs M1A1 issue, CWC is set in the cold war era, not specifically in 1985, wouldn't it be smarter to just say it takes place after the M1A1 was created. Less work that way.

"The M1 Abrams main battle tank is the principal combat tank of the United States Army and the United States Marine Corps, with three main versions being deployed starting in 1980"

Source: Wikipedia.org

"The M1A1 series, produced from 1985 through 1993, replaced the M1’s 105mm main gun with a 120mm gun and incorporated numerous other enhancements"

Source: Federation of American Scientists (FAS.org)

Maybe they were prioritized on the malden isles wink_o.gif

Please note that the pics shown by GranQ are his own work and do not show the state of the art of CWR. smile_o.gif

Please note that the pics shown by GranQ are his own work and do not show the state of the art of CWR. smile_o.gif

mine and others..

youtube first mission

mine and others..

youtube first mission

Okay, then yours and others... but please open up a separate thread if you want to advertise it smile_o.gif

/edit: Things have been sorted via PM wink_o.gif

"The M1 Abrams main battle tank is the principal combat tank of the United States Army and the United States Marine Corps, with three main versions being deployed starting in 1980"

Well, someone was nagging on the last page about the M1A1 being deployed in 1986 and should not be available in a 1985-setting. Hence my comment.

in 1984 there were only M16A1, so why in OFP in 1985 all soldiers have M16A2

"Adoption of the M16A2 by both the US Army and USMC started in the mid 1980s"

Source: Wikipedia.org

So maybe, again, the soldiers on the malden isles were somehow prioritized smile_o.gif

mine and others..

youtube first mission

Nice nice, only prob we can't use the orginal ofp voices for cwr which is bit of pity. sad_o.gif

"Not...a....problem"

Makes me laugh when I hear that biggrin_o.gif

The women voices in OFP were the most brutal thing ever though. I dont think losing those is a bad thing crazy_o.gif

"Not...a... LINE!?"

-"Problem!"

-"Oh right...problem!"

"Not...a...       LINE!?"

-"Problem!"

-"Oh right...problem!"

I seem to remember a post a while back stating something to the effect of: "We wont post unless we have something to report, and you shouldn't post unless you're mkaing a suggestion and/or asking a question relating to the work on CWR". Thats neither Jahve. tounge2.gif

On a note about the voices, the way ArmA handles them has changed compared to the classic OFP way from what I've seen, or rather heard. Where as in OFP you'd have the following: "2, TARGET, JEEP, 12 O'CLOCK". In ArmA you have "2, TARGET THAT JEEP AT 12 O'CLOCK" - only slightly more robotic and less-fluid than reading it would suggest. Although that only seems a slight issues, from my limited experience at voice replacing recording the addition sounds and having them sound anything like the old OFP voices might be an issue. Perhaps just as well new voices will be done.

first M16A2 get USMC in 1983, okay, but army was replacing A1 since 1985 wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Not...a... LINE!?"

-"Problem!"

-"Oh right...problem!"

I hope your not the PR guy now.

Are the major omissions (M1A1, M16, AK-74, etc) not listed simply because they are already in ArmA, and y'all are planning to use them?

Yes (also @da12Monkey), we're planning to use the ArmA content, at least until we have the capacities to replace it.

Um, wasn't it just an M203?

I don't remember OFP having rifle grenades, there was the M203 for the M16 series rifles and the GP25 (or was it a GP30?) for the AK series.

Quote[/b] ]Um, wasn't it just an M203?

I don't remember OFP having rifle grenades, there was the M203 for the M16 series rifles and the GP25 (or was it a GP30?) for the AK series.

Might be a long time ago, jees it feels like it was 1985 wink_o.gif , but i think they mean this old fella

OFP rifle mortar

That mortar was danke. You could take out an entire commie squad with a single well-placed shot. I miss it. sad_o.gif

i loved the little ploff sound it made inlove.gif very rarely got to use it, it wasn't featured to much, loved it to use on squads moving down a hill pistols.gif

i loved the little ploff sound it made inlove.gif very rarely got to use it, it wasn't featured to much, loved it to use on squads moving down a hill pistols.gif

Yap, we meanwhile decided to put it in. Even if it never existed or whatever... wink_o.gif