Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Cold War Rearmed Discussion

Is CWR even doing anything? Flame away.

Please do. We have plenty of WL boxes in stock along with the plain vanilla Post Restriction.

The CWR team mostly work in a private forum. You will see news as they develop here first.

I never ever come in here and if you are reading this you are dreaming.

Planck

Oh, how cute, the CWR members themself spam in their own thread.

But since it's a moderator-led mod, we can't do shit about it.

Let's do a banana-dance of joy! yay.gif

I never ever come in here and if you are reading this you are dreaming.

Planck

Great, thanks. I'll keep that in mind and myself away from this mod. Sorry to have disturbed your slumber with an inquiry.

Ok just found out about this... sounds great, I'd love to replay CWC/Resistance with good graphics/better AI.

Any sort of website for this project up yet? Is there an estimate as to when this will be released (very rough is fine... even just what year would be good to know)

No, we don't have a website and we don't have a release date yet. sad_o.gif

great initiative. I would certainly even buy it if it was sold. For sure!

But aside from that: i think i could be of use to the developers too! I can make decent coffee and make for great target practice.... I'll be the poor sod who has to stand at the wall while the guys in white coats try all sorts of nasty new contraptions on me tounge2.gif

No, we don't have a website and we don't have a release date yet. sad_o.gif

No? Really? Every n00b addonmaker can give a better estimated release date.

Now I'm the most horrible addonmaker on this planet, I even came too late to signup for this cause I'm slower then a snail downhill on a wet road... but I do know the exact release date for CWR:

When it's done and tested.

yay.gif

/OT ON

You're right. We should add a rule for the forums, like "Do not ask for release dates". Or an auto-PM function that sends a PM containing "it's done when it's done" as soon as you log in.

/OT OFF

Well. You want a status report? I today played two missions from the OFP Demo on Malden in ArmA. whistle.gif But I better don't post screens, as then your illusion would die too fast wink_o.gif

I think if the information flow as to how things are progressing was a little better (I.E. the community was actually TOLD how things are going, instead of having to guess), it would stop a lot (though not all) of these "When will it be done!?" posts. Just my 2p

Quote[/b] ]Well. You want a status report?

nope just some hints and tips about conversion , playing ofp missions is fine for ,the new people here (thats no bad thing) i` am sure those that didnt play the missions in ofp gona love the cwc campaign, but myself i would like a, this is what we have discovered report apart from on the sidelines there is a distinct, lack of flow of findings and to many secret forums.

ty

Findings we made about mission conversion:

Quote[/b] ]*OFP stringtables are usually not in UTF-8

*the officers now don't have rifles, as the class name did not change the balancing of missions can be influenced

*all scripts with forEachs or counts etc have to be changed (as those commands need code {} instead of string "" now)

As we're on it, are there any tools to convert standard windows encoding text files to UTF-8?

Well. You want a status report? I today played two missions from the OFP Demo on Malden in ArmA. whistle.gif But I better don't post screens, as then your illusion would die too fast wink_o.gif

Pffft.... illusions of a true fan never die smile_o.gif

But I can figure... crappy textures, collision bugs, objects floating in the air or sunk in the ground. Bushes you can't walk through but therefor you can run through walls...

Sorry couldn't resist tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]You're right. We should add a rule for the forums, like "Do not ask for release dates". Or an auto-PM function that sends a PM containing "it's done when it's done" as soon as you log in.

Somehow I like that idea. whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]As we're on it, are there any tools to convert standard windows encoding text files to UTF-8?

Not really a converter, though I'm sure there is one, UltraEdit can save in UTF-8 format.

Sure, saving in UTF-8 is not the problem. But if you save a non-UTF-8 file as UTF-8, many characters go kaputt, especially ä, ü, ö etc..

/edit: Thanks, gonna try that. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sure, saving in UTF-8 is not the problem. But if you save a non-UTF-8 file as UTF-8, many characters go kaputt, especially ä, ü, ö etc..

ROFL @ "go kaputt" rofl.gif

As for the officer issue in the CWC Missions: How about replacing him with an squad leader?

Sure this is a little work with editing the missions but that could be done in an hour, maybe a bit longer. The unit classname changed but that doesn't break the mission, especially since the original missions used less to none scripts.

It´s a community project.. so the community should be informed better about the ongoing.. even if its ugly and slow.

Whats with the Phase 1.. the T55... :< Vilas can convert it in about 5 minutes i think xD

It´s a community project.. so the community should be informed better about the ongoing.. even if its ugly and slow.

Whats with the Phase 1.. the T55... :< Vilas can convert it in about 5 minutes i think xD

We're not that type of mod that shows progress screens all the day but never gets released. We're more like FDF, we show something when we have something and when the release is immediate. smile_o.gif

If you guys need any help re-recording the voices, let me know. I've been practicing. Listen:

"5...go to....tree..at..5 o'clock..."

"5...report status..."

"Oh, no...5...is down"

"This is...4...taking command"

Rick

We're not that type of mod that shows progress screens all the day but never gets released. We're more like FDF, we show something when we have something and when the release is immediate. smile_o.gif

rofl

"Vilas can convert it in about 5 minutes i think"

"We're not that type of mod that shows progress screens all the day but never gets released. We're more like FDF, we show something when we have something and when the release is immediate. "

wtf ?

i released many addons, many weapons, even new vehicles, you call that i only show screens ?

i was proposing you help in Cald War rearm because i made AK47, AKMS, Sa58, UK59, FAL, SKS, RPD M16A1, M60 and vehicles that were in OFP , i released Soviets KLMK from 1985, soviet Mi17

but you refused cooperation saying it is nonsense

other man from CWR team simply don't answer private message

and now you are suggesting that i only show screens ?

i made 12 packs of addons , 280 MB in RAR

what you released that you calling me in this way ?

Quote[/b] ]

and now you are suggesting that i only show screens ?

i made 12 packs of addons , 280 MB in RAR

what you released that you calling me in this way ?

Whoa mannie, hold your horses.

Nobody here has mentioned you apart from Vulture2k1.

Don't take others peoples comments out of context, specially when they in no way have mentioned you.

Planck

I did not mean you, I think it's quite clear in my post. I meant the point he wrote that the community needs to be informed.

but you refused cooperation saying it is nonsense

other man from CWR team simply don't answer private message

I cannot remember that I ever received a PM from you or any other way of communication between us... wink_o.gif