Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

yeah the old Hk weapons pack had it biggrin_o.gif

so far from screens i've seen there is m4 , m16, m249 machinegun, m24 sniper rifle, m4 with grenadelauncher on, PKM machinegun, ak 47 with grenadelauncher, ak 47 or 74 im not sure. Also satchel charges and m136 at launcher i've also seen.

Also you will have a couple of different m4's , with scope or not and with silencer and without silencer. Im just guessing but i think some of the weapons from old of will be in too.

There are about 10 Prototypes of the G11 in existence...

The weapon was never in service. So why should it be in the standard ArmA. Some WeaponsPack will surely deliver it.

aint that what noobs are for lol.

I'm guessing theres the normal stuff you expect like m16's ak's but maybe theres some new stuff, ive always wanted a G11 and have only ever seen it in one game and that was land warrior wich is older than the earth itself.

must be some form of weapons list out there.

Soldner - Secret Wars has the G11, plus many more guns... wink_o.gif

Oh I should think so - besides, one of the lastest screenshots has revealed that they've carried over the M113 Ambulance as well.

I wonder if it will function in the same way.

another noobie question for you guys, will ARMA have medics ?

No. Probably not. I also heard there wont be soldiers in it either. biggrin_o.gifrofl.gif

No, really.

Oh I should think so - besides, one of the lastest screenshots has revealed that they've carried over the M113 Ambulance as well.

hehehehe i bet you just want to play with the siren tounge2.gif

another noobie question for you guys, will ARMA have medics ?

they are thinking about adding blackouts 'n bleeding out which goes along with a medic i think. so its still "work in progress" i guess.

does anyone know of a list of weapons and vehicles that will be in the game huh.gif?

Thats a great question. Thanks for asking for me.  tounge2.gif

I hope the Steyr AUG will find it's way to ArmA inlove.gif. When I was serving in the army I called my AUG "Gertrude" biggrin_o.gif .

so far from screens i've seen there is m4 , m16, m249 machinegun, m24 sniper rifle, m4 with grenadelauncher on, PKM machinegun, ak 47 with grenadelauncher, ak 47 or 74 im not sure. Also satchel charges and m136 at launcher i've also seen.

Also you will have a couple of different m4's , with scope or not and with silencer and without silencer. Im just guessing but i think some of the weapons from old of will be in too.

We've also seen the M240 and the Javelin in various movies/screens. In addition, the loading screens in a few movies show a picture of the G36.

Yesterday, when I was fighting over Corazol, I was healed by medik, so there will be for 100% wink_o.gif

And that Medic M113 is there for sure too, cause I did that screen smile_o.gif

I'm looking for somebody, who can speak well both languages, czech and english, and then there will be translate xmas_o.gif Cause I can't speak that well to translate my style of writing or just text big like that whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

I have a question thats been killin me,, ever since i gave up on OFP cuz it died out in gamespy and i didnt know any other way to play it,, i replaced it with BF1942+BF2 , and immiediatly noticed terribly annoying things EA did to "balance" the game, like changing the minigun on the blackhawk to spray out spit wads as to annoy the enemy cuz it was apparently killing people before,, i want a 50.cal to rip me in two if it hits me not just hurt my feelings

My concern is , that maybe BIS also is adding annoying unrealistic things to balance the game , the thought is no doubt insulting to BIS but i would still like to hear a resounding "hell no" to my question to quiet my fears

Oh by the way , is there going to be realistic ballistic effects with sniper rifles at longer ranges?

hehehehe i bet you just want to play with the siren  tounge2.gif

Heheohyeah! biggrin_o.gif

I was thinking though, do people expect that the soldier damage model and the healing may have been changed? I mean - perhaps it could be changed for added realism - a more heavily injured soldier would take longer to recover than a marginally injured soldier, and being inside an Ambulance would heal you faster than a medic or something? I've been playing rFactor a lot and while some damage can get repaired, others cannot - like buggered suspension. Maybe not as drastic to say that if you get shot in the legs you'll never be able to walk for the rest of the mission, but I mean, if you get shot in the hands perhaps, the weaker aim you get sticks with you for the rest of the mission, until your hands can be "properly seen to". I'm not saying we should expect that in ArmA, but I was wondering what people thought of that idea - are there any other games that do this yet?

I'm looking for somebody, who can speak well both languages, czech and english, and then there will be translate xmas_o.gif Cause I can't speak that well to translate my style of writing or just text big like that whistle.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Mozem ti s tym pomoct - MSN kosaak@hotmail.com - alebo posli PM.

I can help you with that - MSN kosaak@hotmail.com - or send me a PM.

Quote[/b] ]My concern is , that maybe BIS also is adding annoying unrealistic things to balance the game , the thought is no doubt insulting to BIS but i would still like to hear a resounding "hell no" to my question to quiet my fears

Nah, weapons kill with one shot. Try out the ancient demo and see for yourself http://www.fileshack.com/file.x....ce+Demo .

Now that we will have round penetration values i think with a 50cal you could shred through a lot of things (altough it probably won't be accompanied by nice looking special effects i think).

...altough it probably won't be accompanied by nice looking special effects i think...

One thing I learnt during the ArmA developement is that nothing is for certain until the gold master is taken forcefully away from BIS. wink_o.gif

i've heard this from a few people now and im also starting to believe it, ArmA is looking like a slightly upgraded (or "glitzed up") version of OFP, and while this may or may not be the case it seems to be based upon what the designers at BIS would like rather than the community, and was it not last time with OFP, the community which made it so much of a success? For instance, the moving on vehicles idea in the one post, or the customization of weapons in another, of which it is BIS which has preset weapons, so they've added a lift but wasnt that an addon obtainable in OFP, granted it wasnt spot on but it was good enough, im as eager to try the game as many people on here probably are but it doesnt seem like the have done much to it (other than good graphics, JIP multiplayer and a few other things), anyone got a cost for the game? Counter my arguements as you please as i am probably far wrong.

EDIT: sorry but i see the posts of what people would really like in the game and seem that they arent as they are good ideas

I do think you got the wrong impression there. While I clearly agree with you that obviously ArmA's priority improvements(over previous products) are graphical wise , yet what you generally see in the community is this process:

A) I want Feature 1

B) Bis announces Feature 1 is in the game

C) AMAZING BIS!!11!! YOU ROXXOR!!

D) I want Feature 2

E) BIS sucks for not bringing in Feature 2!!!

F) I WANT FEATURE 2 AND WARDOGS THAT CAN TAKE ME TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

I personally admit that in some respect I am also dissappointed of the lack of improvement in certain areas,yet when one sits back and ponders about ArmA = OFP 1.5(or rather 1.75) and looks at all the extra possibilities we will get , as long as it doesn't use some silly CP(I let you guess what that is because of the forum rules) the community should be more than happy.

The other point i wanted to raise is this: It is always said the OFP community doesn't care about graphics.That certainly applie s for many people.But yet look at this very forum. FFUR 06 is the l33test mod around,people drool over smeary shiny Combat photography pics of high poly & high texture addons and think that is the best you can get out of OFP. Thus.. If BIS makes ArmA appealing to the graphic-whores , they listen to the community(Or at least the loudest part).

A) I want Feature 1

B) Bis announces Feature 1 is in the game

C) AMAZING BIS!!11!! YOU ROXXOR!!

D) I want Feature 2

E) BIS sucks for not bringing in Feature 2!!!

F) I WANT FEATURE 2 AND WARDOGS THAT CAN TAKE ME TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

Pretty much sums it up. rofl.gif

I understand that BIS cannot put in what everyone wants, but the original OFP didnt win the community because of its "eye-watering" graphics, it won it because of how the game played, it allowed you to travel across a map under your own free will, you didnt have to shoot anyone if you didnt feel like it, although people shot at you biggrin_o.gif , so why when the first game was a success but strived for that little bit more freedom and gameplay did they have to change the graphics??? I wonder how much of the community wont buy ArmA because they were happy with OFP but then BIS had to try and smarten it up in the wrong way.

You obviously are new here. Listen, BIS was planning arma to be nothing more then flashpoint with some netcode optimazation and newer unit models (operation flashpoint: elite for the PC basically). Since then they have added ontop of that:

- A revised way the engine loads terrain <=== this enables you to make unlimited sized islands (well yea, as unlimited as you yourself are)

- New way the islands handle textures. The textures are now one huge piece. <=== this means you can make islands textures a lot more detailed and varied then with the current system of using texture blocks.

- Multiple gun positions on vehicles.

- New scripts, check the wiki.

- Kinetic energy, round penetration, breath system. <=== these all make gunfights a lot better.

As soon as BIS would add "walking on vehicles" people would be crying for "dynamically destroyable buildings". If they add "dynamically destroyable buildings" then people will want "destroyable terrain and foxholes". 'Offer a man a finger and he wants to bite the whole hand off' situation.

'Offer a man a finger and he wants to bite the whole hand off' situation.

Hey, thanks for post, you have returned my faith biggrin_o.gif , still, the damage system COULD have been improved, anyway, im going to be ignorant now and ask for what has probably already been posted, When and how much? smile_o.gif

still, the damage system COULD have been improved...

LOL unless your wrting the code, maybe it CANT be improved. Just saying

First off, @ lwlooz: You speak wisdom. notworthy.gif

Second, I'd suggest anybody wondering about the features and changes to OFP -> ArmA check the FAQ one forum level up from here. And then scan from the end to the beginning of the pics on fansites like Armedassault.eu, or OFPDB to see the Gfx, environmental and turret features added.

Pretty dramatic change for the good, IMHO.