Sign in to follow this  
shadow

ArmA Progress Updates

Quote[/b] ]Yeah 5 year anniversary will do thanks smile_o.gif

I'll merge this into there sometime between 7 minutes time and 48,934 minutes time.

Is Placebo hinting at the release date of something here? He made this post on the 29th of August, 48,934 minutes is 33 days. Aug. 29th +33 days will be September 30th. He said the demo will be soon...UREKA! Demo will be released either sometime from now till Sep. 30 or on that day.

Or am I just paranoid?

holly sweetness! biggrin_o.gif if thats true yay.gif i'll just wait and see what happens. Love the thing that all weapons will have individual handgrips. thumbs-up.gif Thats something non ofp'ers have complained about to me in the past tounge2.gif

Also noticed Placebo's interviewing skillz are improving too.

Oh i like the idea of hoping over certain types of obstacles to, i guess it will be like the jump over sandbags and small walls in call of duty 2. smile_o.gif Also loved the flames and smoke up close, it will be really hard to see anything when there will be lot of smoke piles.

Hope we can put out a smoke pile or burning debris in the mission editor, that would be very awesome. yay.gif

i see some seriously cool mission making stuff that can happen here. Thinking that rebels might cover a town or city with smoke here and there to make close air suport very risky and less effective.. yay.gif

So demo is September 30th and the full release November 30th?

I'll merge this into there sometime between 7 minutes time and 48,934 minutes time.

Is Placebo hinting at the release date of something here? He made this post on the 29th of August, 48,934 minutes is 33 days. Aug. 29th +33 days will be September 30th. He said the demo will be soon...UREKA! Demo will be released either sometime from now till Sep. 30 or on that day.

Or am I just paranoid?

I'd think that's a bit...thin whistle.gif Though, with the increased activity from BIS (Suma roaming the forums answering questions and Placebo doing interviews all the time, and the shitloads of new pictures) in mind, I'd think it's a fair guess that the demo will be released sometime the next month.

OMG the video had a date 30-11-06,, im so happy "wipes tear"

Yes! There has never in the history of PC gaming been a date published for a game that was missed!

Why do you people get so worked up over this stuff? It'll be out when it's out, no sooner. Don't trust any release dates until BIS themselves tell you them. icon_rolleyes.gif

Don't trust any release dates until BIS themselves tell you them.

The past has shown that we can't even trust release dates from BIS. rofl.gif

Or am I just paranoid?

I'm afraid you're reading far too much hidden meaning into my words, I simply meant that I would merge the two threads together at some random point in the future when 1. I have time, 2. I remember, 3. I can be bothered smile_o.gif

OMG the video had a date 30-11-06,, im so happy "wipes tear"

where can you see that date? i download the vid (i think you are reffering to the gc shacky cam of 64 mg, no? huh.gif

I simply meant that I would merge the two threads together at some random point in the future when 1. I have time, 2. I remember, 3. I can be bothered smile_o.gif

Oh dear! Placebo, you're starting to sound like an Englishman!  rofl.gif

..... As for the 30/11/06 release date it was on the GC movie supplied by Morphicon. (German publisher)...

releasedate.jpg

I simply meant that I would merge the two threads together at some random point in the future when 1. I have time, 2. I remember, 3. I can be bothered smile_o.gif

Oh dear! Placebo, you're starting to sound like an Englishman! rofl.gif

..... As for the 30/11/06 release date it was on the GC movie supplied by Morphicon. (German publisher)...

[im]http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/arma/releasedate.jpg[/img]

Oh thats cool

**deleted image**

Oh thats cool

where can i find that vid? huh.gif

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/arma/releasedate.jpg

Oh thats cool

This is an old video by the way, 1 week or more (official GC2006 trailer -> 37.9 Mb large)

you can get it from here. (web source plus more info, read it all wink_o.gif )

and i think it would be nice if you guys read the fresh interviews. If you have read then you wouldnt have this questions..

http://www.fotocraft.org.uk/images/arma/releasedate.jpg

Oh thats cool

This is an old video by the way, 1 week or more (official GC2006 trailer -> 37.9 Mb large)

you can get it from here. (web source plus more info, read it all wink_o.gif )

and i think it would be nice if you guys read the fresh interviews. If you have read then you wouldnt have this questions..

i read the interview also translated it for an spanish site wink_o.gif, the problem was that i dont remeber that screen, just that wink_o.gif

Stop quoting quotes of quotes of quotes! mad_o.gif

Really

hard

to read!

Any way, if thats the release date, think there'll be a demo out soon?

huh.gif

Any way, if thats the release date, think there'll be a demo out soon?

huh.gif

I don't think so..

theres no especific date for the release.

read interviews.

Cool vid, I really love the ground textures, they look so much better than OFP.

I notice some great window reflections too. (11:51, scene on the hotel roof )

Actually, the vid shows some interior in a tank (8:42), but there's no detail, It's pitch black.

But...the windows are there.

99d24712.jpg

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, so bare with me, but did that guy say "hier sind die Amerikanen und <turns around> hier sind die Russian" or something similiar?

Russians?

Russians?

RUSSIANS?!

Yay, Guba's back! biggrin_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

Russen? I don't think he was too well instructed wink_o.gif

It was most likely a little mistake in the heat of the presentation... wink_o.gif

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, so bare with me, but did that guy say "hier sind die Amerikanen und <turns around> hier sind die Russian" or something similiar?

Russians?

Russians?

RUSSIANS?!

Yay, Guba's back! biggrin_o.gif

Dude! Guba whould be about 70 or 80 now! He looked close to his mid 50s in 1985!! rofl.gif

That would be fab, how come no ever created a wheel chair for OFP?! rofl.gif to bad taste i guess

I hope those blood splats are removed when you get hit.It looks like an arcade game.

I don't know about Russians (I mean, if they are meant to be Russians, then we're really gonna start demanding them having more than T-72s), but you know I genuinely believe old Guba's going to be around anyway.

I can't remember who it was, but someone had got hold of the e3 demo quite awhile ago and went around what was Sahrani at the time and took screens - and one was of a large statue. It looked suspiciously like Guba to me... wink_o.gif

Some things are just great, some are quite strange to me...

here`s my opninion:

explosion effects - those from the movie look like made by hellfires or tows, and probably aren`t

blood stains on screen - well, i hope that`s optional feature

gccommov4thumb.JPG

iron sights look great but they are centered on the screen so there`s no difference between ArmA and Doom3 when it comes to the sights placement (no right/left handed selection?)

besides, what hurts me the most...some things said by Placebo in the interview for Esports... confused_o.gif

Everything else just rocks...

Some things are just great, some are quite strange to me...

here`s my opninion:

explosion effects - those from the movie look like made by hellfires or tows, and probably aren`t

blood stains on screen - well, i hope that`s optional feature

[im]http://www.armedassaults.de/cms/content/images/gccommov4thumb.JPG[/img]

iron sights look great but they are centered on the screen so there`s no difference between ArmA and Doom3 when it comes to the sights placement (no right/left handed selection?)

besides, what hurts me the most...some things said by Placebo in the interview for Esports... confused_o.gif

Everything else just rocks...

BIS have important things to work than your ArmA suggestions wink_o.gif

I want ArmA this year or never mad_o.gif