Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Actually, M113s are a lot smaller than they seem. They aren't even very tall. I think the OFP ones are a little oversized, like the BMP.

But nobody tried to make a RL sized BMP yet... sad_o.gif

Isn't Nogova going to use BMPs, too? wink_o.gif

But nobody tried to make a RL sized BMP yet... sad_o.gif

Isn't Nogova going to use BMPs, too?  wink_o.gif

I think FDF and CSLA have resized BMPs smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]LSW based on FAL

The Canadian Forces have used something similar to this, known as a C-2. Basically it was a C-1 [Which is a modified SLR, which in turn is a modified FN FAL] with a heavier barrel, a bipod, and I believe it could also chamber a larger magazine. I suspect the Argies have something similar to this, but I havn't seen any images of it.

Isn't that the FN-Fap?

I'ts similar to the Fal, but as AKM said, modified to meet the requirements of an LSW. The Argies produced these under liscense.

The Malvinas Mod released one along with their demo a while back

Actually, M113s are a lot smaller than they seem. They aren't even very tall. I think the OFP ones are a little oversized, like the BMP.

A M113 is not much bigger than a HMMWV, I seen one in the news the other day next to a HMMWV and is only higher for a cuple of inches.

FDF have resized BMPs, and CSLA do aswell.

@CERO.

Eastern-Bloc equipment would likely work best for vehicles. Except motorized transport, combinations of UAZs, Jeeps, and medium trucks, like the 5ton or a Ural would be logical.

And thanks for the info that the BIS M-113 is oversized. I was wondering what was on the go with that - they are massive targets in-game. I think my record for killing one was over 1.5 kilometers off, big enough target.

BTR-60 or BTR-80's would work for a Nogovan APC, but for an IFV BMP1 and BMP2 would be best, for sure.

AK

I think we're looking at using MT-LBs or BTR-60s for the APC. We'd like to finish the soldiers off first, though.

I thought we were going to use a BTR-152 and/or MT-LB, but it has been a long time since I've seen updates on that. rock.gif

/me slaps Supah

I thought we were going to use a BTR-152 and/or MT-LB, but it has been a long time since I've seen updates on that. rock.gif

/me slaps Supah

BTR-152 eh? Oldschool to say the least that beast is from the fifties right?

A very good choice though, will be very nice to see the NAF with uparmored and up-gunned BTR-152's (recoilless rifles anyone?)

yeah it would be really nice to see fictionnal upgrades of the BTR152

A recoilless rifle in Nogovan colours and suitably mounted on anything - can you say Recoilless on a jeep or a UAZ? - would be interesting, to say the least.

AK

The BTR-152 is more like an armoured car, isn't it? at list it looks like.

How about a BTR T?

Add some ficticional variants to it and you could have a hell of a vehicle in your hands, and because is a modified T 55 it make more sense.

@CERO.

I like the idea with the BTR-T. I think the Nogovan Forces should at least have something "usefull" in their hands. The BTR-152 would be very nice, too. But @cero is right, it's in fact a light armored truck.

EDIT:

BTR-152:

btr152.jpg  

btr-152-DDST8501228_JPG.jpg

More details

Mfg MEDICUS

That looks a lot like the Russians just copied an effective APC design from the Germans WW2 Sonderkraftfarzungen-type vehicles.

AK

The Russians were never too creative in the early Cold War. Then we saw the BMD...

And after that, we saw a whole lotta other kit. Some of it quality. But the joys of having an air-droppable IFV with a bigass gun on it...

So, back to the topic at hand. What vehicles are you planning on making or reskinning in Nogovan Defense Force colours, and are there any updates on the NDF infantrymen?

-AK

well it would be cool to see a BTR-152 in Nogova army and you could just retexture the existing one:

DustyBTR1L.jpg

DustyBTR2L.jpg

but i dont remember the autor of this addon

Damn i remember now they used this dumpy car in afghanistan too lots of times. It looks lik that Inv1944s german transport car which they released a video of sometime ago crazy_o.gif

Its closer as you think.......maybe ask around wink_o.gif

It`s Maac and Marfy`s BTR-152

Not that its the same model but someone can always ask what they`ve done with it.

Evis. or Vixer

evix.jpg

Its closer as you think.......maybe ask around wink_o.gif

It`s Maac and Marfy`s BTR-152

Not that its the same model but someone can always ask what they`ve done with it.

Evis. or Vixer

[ig]http://ofp.gamezone.cz/screenshots/evix.jpg[/img]

The model shown on the flashpoint.ru is the RHS model. We are using the exact same model but will be modifying and texturing it ourselves.

Quote[/b] ]How about a BTR T

Read up on prices of remodelling a T-55 to a BTR-T. Much cheaper to just use the BTR-152 that you allready have with some captured APC's.