Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Judging by the suggestions seen in these threads Nogovas military spending percentage of GDP is North Korea-like. tounge_o.gif

saying that ran.... whats does such a small country need with attack jets, tanks and the whole lot?

i'd be suprised if they diversified their air force into marine and attack... im thinking of small states like Nogova, for instance the caribean islands.... their armed forces cosist mainly of maybe 2 or 3 choppers, a contingent of soldiers, mostly used for ceremonial purposes and then a larger amount of navy - seeing as it is an island state, more attention should be paid on patrol vessels (all small scale stuff)

[edit]

just read what EiZei said - and thats what im trying to get out... i think people have forgotten how small these islands are... and how little money they would actually have

and what would be the use of an heavy-lift chopper like the MI26 for such a small country Nogova ?

They can take the whole Army to another island with only one lift. biggrin_o.gif

You've asked for it ran! tounge_o.gif

The Beagle looks great, but it could use some nose art. ;)

Too bad we can't have a tailgunner on that baby! sad_o.gif

saying that ran.... whats does such a small country need with attack jets, tanks and the whole lot?

i'd be suprised if they diversified their air force into marine and attack... im thinking of small states like Nogova, for instance the caribean islands.... their armed forces cosist mainly of maybe 2 or 3 choppers, a contingent of soldiers, mostly used for ceremonial purposes and then a larger amount of navy - seeing as it is an island state, more attention should be paid on patrol vessels (all small scale stuff)

[edit]

just read what EiZei said - and thats what im trying to get out... i think people have forgotten how small these islands are... and how little money they would actually have

i think the same, but you also have to take in consideration that Nogova has a not-so-sympathic neighboor ...

but all this has already been discussed in other threads

The alternate paint scheme for the Beagle is just fine.

It has no "cool factor" whatsoever though.

Depends on what the mod wants to make really...IMO, the camo vehicles are more fun to use.

I think the equipment that Nogova will be using has been pretty much decided. We're using what we see fit, and most of it will come from whatever pre-existing addons we get from the community.

Yes, there will be an air force but it will be very small. Yes, there will by some helicopters, but no Nogovan Mi-28s or Apaches. No, we won't have Leopard 2A6 or T-90 tanks. Heck, the primary air transport is an ancient AN-2 Colt. Think of that when someone next suggests that Nogova needs an armored brigade.

Yeah this army should be a lean mean finacially strapped organisation. I think small armies like this would possibly hire in foreign support if things got hot yes? Maybe a few non-nation specific Special Forces units would be great for this set of addons. Almost mercenary like...

Many armies in the past and present simply allow foreigners to enlist. So they technically aren't mercenaries, yet they also aren't citizens. The French Foreign Legion, US military, and Rhodesian Light Infantry are examples of this phenomenon.

what US military unit does so?

Army Rangers

what US military unit does so?

Army Rangers

I thought the whole army recruits foreigners, not only the army rangers (correct me if I am wrong)

By the way maybe a old US Army Cobra can fill in the role of Gunship?

Quote[/b] ]The Main attack Chopper?

There wont be one

To quote myself

Yes, there will be an air force but it will be very small. Yes, there will by some helicopters, but no Nogovan Mi-28s or Apaches.

A little miscommunication I think rock.gif

Yes, there will be an air force but it will be very small. Yes, there will by some helicopters, but no Nogovan Mi-28s or Apaches.

A little miscommunication I think rock.gif

How do you mean? What he said is correct smile_o.gif

The whole US military takes in foreigners. One of the guys in my fire team was Mexican, there were several Filipinos, Thais, Central and South Americans in my company as well. Even now, when a non-US citizen is killed in the military while in Iraq of Afghanistan, they are granted their citizenship posthumously.

some good and excelent helis for Nogovan Air Force (or whatever u will call it) would be the very nice and versatile Mi-2 and a few Mi-8's ?

I know you already working on the Huey and all. But a better choice would be the MI-2 Hoplite. It would fit perfectly into the needs of the Nogovan armed forced. So why you say. Well the MI-2 can with very little work be changed into different configuration which would be the ideal choice for a small country's army. Like this:

-Mi-2R: Ambulance version that carries 4x litter patients. This version is also used in a Search & Rescue role with a winch mounted.

-Mi-2T: Transport version that carries 8 personnel.

-Mi-2URN: Armed reconnaissance variant, employs 57-mm unguided rockets, and mounts a gunsight in the cockpit for aiming all weapons.

-Mi-2URP: The antitank variant. Carries 4x AT-3 Sagger wire-guided missiles on external weapons racks, and 4x additional missiles in the cargo compartment.

-Mi-2US: The gunship variant, employs an airframe modification that mounted a 23-mm NS-23KM cannon to the portside fuselage. Also employs 2x 7.62-mm gun pods on external racks, and 2x 7.62-mm pintle-mounted machineguns in the cabin.

It also used as police choppers.

That way all needs could be covered by a single chopper.

Also its already made by two modmakers so it would be a question about asking one of them and change it into the needed version.

Can't the Huey be altered in the same, or at least very similar, ways? rock.gif