Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

umm last time i checked the US sucks at rebuilding a nation.

hence the UN. or NATO..

as well as yes they had a base there but. when you do a peace keeping stablizing mission you build bases or camps in country.. plus they cna double as bases for the NAF.

and actual no before the incitdent they are a communist goverment. not has bad at the USSR was.. but it had very close ties ot the USSR. listen to the radio in the opening area.

it leads you to believe it was a eastern block ally or countried goverment.

they elected their new leaders after the US came.. wich leads one to beleive that the US helped set it up..

plus i might note in communist goverments the people DID vote for their leaders. jsut there was only one name on the ballot..

Japan

Korea

Vietnam

Germany

Britain (During WWII we helped supply stuff to keep Britain going)

Dominican Republic

Phillipines

Think before you say something.

Just figured a pigheaded post deserved a pigheaded response.

I agree with UH1s, need a lot for Nogovan Quick Response, because if the Soviets were to land on the northern island or one of the smaller islands, you can bet I'd prefer to go in via Huey rather than via boat.

last time i checked vietnam was rebuilt communist..

korea was rebuilt by the UN. sicne remember the korean war was a UN action NOT a US action..

and i was talking in resent times.

afghan is beign rebuilt by the UN and NATO.

former yuguslavia is beign rebuilt by UN and NATO.

euro, germany, the UK and all that was rebuilt by allies. nto the US alone..

japan is basical oen of the only rebuilt nations the US did and they just left the empirer in power and set it all up. it was not that hard. it was not a tiny little 3rd world country. it had been a world power..

but my point was correct and not pig headed..

the US in modern times is terrible.

the US is only good at conducting war..

not a real good peace keeping missions.

This is the Nogovan Armed Forces thread, not a political debate thread.

Was I talking to myself?

You can have a post count reduction for spamming...next person who tries to start or continue a political debate here (unless specifically and directly related to this addon) can expect a 48 hour PR.

This is the Nogovan Armed Forces thread, not a political debate thread.

Indeed wise words smile_o.gif

I would like to stress that people do try and read as much of the thread as they can and or try read up on our forums at our site before asking questions as many of these have been answered in the past smile_o.gif I know 30+ pages is allot to read but allas.

or a tropic nogova, with sand beaches and large ocean side hotels  blues.gif

Uhhh ... that would be great. i'm really missing a tropic island (Not one with jungel ... there are some very nice jungle-islands). Nice open beaches, bays and perhaps a smaller rockcoast with very small sand parts (pervect for SF-LandingOperations smile_o.gif ) would be nice.

The Mapfact Buildings (Baracks and Airport) will fit everywhere i think (exept winter Islands). But the Airport Building under a cloudless deepblue sky with some Palmtrees would look ... fantastic  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

BTW: I didn't read all 34 pages  sad_o.gif  ... are you planing to release a new island with your pack?

BTW: I didn't read all 34 pages  sad_o.gif  ... are you planing to release a new island with your pack?

Read page 33 wink_o.gif

Read page 33  wink_o.gif
Like this project  smile_o.gif Just one thing: Are you going to make a new Nogova map (something like Nogova in 2004??), if you do I want to help with WRP. Tell me if you need any help  wink_o.gif

not planned ATM

Well, so close and nevertheless so far away ...

Sorry for that.  sad_o.gif

But a new island would be cool anyway  smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

These guys already have their hands full creating Nogova's armed forces...maybe someone else or another team could make a new/modified Nogova wink_o.gif

although i haven't posted in this thread until now, I'd like to express my feeling that I am quietly waiting for this mod to be released. smile_o.gif

http://supah.chaotic.nl/nogova212.jpg

Note that the model is FDF's as are various other textures smile_o.gif The main part how ever has been retextured.

am i the only one thinking that green circle gives away where enemy fighters are supposed to aim at? biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

You already posted in this thread Ralphie tounge_o.gif

I too would like to say i have been keeping a keen eye on this project ever since we started to talk about all sorts of units (Civ. & Mil) for Nogova way back when.

Keep up the great work biggrin_o.gif

These guys already have their hands full creating Nogova's armed forces...maybe someone else or another team could make a new/modified Nogova  wink_o.gif

I am currently considering this  wink_o.gif

But have some other stuff going on

oh yeah, thanx for refreshing my memory and humiliating me. perm ban.

tounge_o.gif

OMG I have been  

picserver.jpegned

tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Heh.. Winters is turning into the next Avon Lady.

AvonLady.JPG

Mmm, I love spam tounge_o.gif .

Do the Nogovans have any US army equipment, or do they mostly use Russian equipment?

Do the Nogovans have any US army equipment, or do they mostly use Russian equipment?

that would depend on when the mod takes place.

before the 1982 incident would be russian after would be US and Russian.. and some euro stuff too.

it all depends on the date they set.

of course it would be cool if they did a set for pre1982 and a set for post 1982..

wouldn't it also rely on their budget and alliences as well as history...

everyone knows Russian stuff is cheap, but if you're friends with the yanks, you get shiny weapons on the cheap as well

[...] Addon pack that featured nogovan airforce units.[...]

Not only airforce units tounge_o.gif

I'd love Nogovan army - not a partisan FIA, but regular army.

Nogova has it's own police (thx to DMX) - it's time to give 'em troops  smile_o.gif

why would such a small place have a whole military,,, wouldnt they be like russian or whoever owns the island?

Messiah yeah that was my point.

the pre1982 was and looks liek they had veyr close ties with russians so they had lots of cheap russian stuff.

post 1982 they would be much closer to the US/NATO and would have a mix of old russian stuff and new NATO stuff.

why would such a small place have a whole military,,, wouldnt they be like russian or whoever owns the island?

it would be a self defence force.

most countries have them.

and no one "owns" the island it is a free state with close ties or pre1982 was a puppet country.

Quote[/b] ]why would such a small place have a whole military,,, wouldnt they be like russian or whoever owns the island?

It's not just Nogova, it's the defence forces of the entire island chain.