Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

We (NAFP) are working on a BTR-152 smile_o.gif

We will release pictures of it on a well-known newssite in the near future..

BUZZARD @ May 19 2004,15:44)]
With all due respect to those addons individual makers, we are not a fantasy mod. We only use equipment that actually exists in real life.

Do you consider those addons to be too unrealistic that they could not exist? They're no uber-weapons of extreme power of destruction so as to be considered 'fantastic', IMHO... wink_o.gif

Edit: especially since their armament are RL weapons...

It is quite simply not a matter of that they couldn't exist its more matter that they dont exist. As they do not exist they are not an option.

If the NDF were in need of cheap and efficient attack aircraft they would look for more wholesome solutions, not temporary, or "make-shift" ones as the FIA could settle for.

Nevertheless, it isn't difficult to imagine that the NDF does NOT belong to a country which has a high armament-buying power. Many small nations do tend to field at least some equipment that is home-made even if using foreign armament. It helps keep maintenance and unit cost down as well as provide for some independence towards supply of replacement parts etc coming from any foreign nation. That's why I would not dismiss these things so fast as to be completely out of hand...

Edit: IMO it's easier to envision an FIA using almost exclusively captured armament from an invading army, as opposed to an NDF which has to defend a country with what looks like a rather restricted budget...

I have a small question: What are you guys using for AA defence? (stingers, Shilka's, Vulcans etc....)

I'd like to see the ZSU-57-2 or the old BTR-152 with the 14.5mm AAMGs. I think they fit the theme.

I'd like to see the ZSU-57-2

Me too, I think it looks really cool. But maybe it's a bit outdated rock.gif

Hehe, since the NDF will be using the BTR-152 the ZSU-57-2 won't fit in badly at all. Heck, even Finland haven't phased the ZSU-57-2 out completly out of their ORBAT smile_o.gif

what about a 'yellow bomber truck' from the legawars mod?

that would fit.

sorry. i only just downloaded it. cant help thinking about charging around with lego men/tanks.

BUT

i really like the looks of this mod. I dont know why you are so worried about the size/cost of the military.. ultimately, most people will make dozens of missions for their own use, where in each one dozens of tanks etc. will be destroyed...

anyone making a 'realistic' campaign based on your mod can make their own guesses as to how many tanks etc the army should have, and restrict their usage to suit the campaign.

i think you should go ahead and make whatever units you want. if people dont think they are a realistic option for the army of nogova, they dont have to use them in their missions.

there.

now, back to lego wars.

mick.

Quote[/b] ]what about a 'yellow bomber truck' from the legawars mod?

that would fit.

crazy_o.gif

EDIT: So how about an update on what's happening with the troops and OPFOR? smile_o.gif

I've got the troops and I'm working on the config.

May the lord hav mercy on all of us tounge_o.gif

Been keeping up to speed with this project, and it looks really promising. I also like the way that you've stuck to your guns, and have tried to limit the amount/types of equipment that is available to the NAF, which is a nice touch IMHO.

Keep up the good work guys, looking forward to it!

P.S. have you guys considered teaming up with Mapfact and using their new version of Nogova? Since it really is good, and provides good infrastructure on the island.

Yep, Mapfact-Nogova is just dying to be inhabited with NAF regulars! smile_o.gif

I've got the troops and I'm working on the config.

May the lord hav mercy on all of us tounge_o.gif

Ye of little faith. tounge_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

I trust you hellfish. Hey supah your still looking for people to join right?

Okay Just a few Questions...

1) Will the huey be able to transport objects under the belly? ie Ammo crates, also another idea for a scipt would be if you have anybody in the cargo positions then loading up the exterior cargo would not be possible as it would be to heavy.

2) Are chinooks a possibility or are you sticking to medium lift and not heavy lift capability.

3) Will the Website be updated with most of the Units in Nogova's arsenal?

Thanks for any replies and i am very much looking forward to the completion of this project.

Okay Just a few Questions...

1) Will the huey be able to transport objects under the belly? ie Ammo crates, also another idea for a scipt would be if you have anybody in the cargo positions then loading up the exterior cargo would not be possible as it would be to heavy.

We are still looking for scripters to implement such features. Sadly we have had little succes finding more scripters.

Quote[/b] ]

2) Are chinooks a possibility or are you sticking to medium lift and not heavy lift capability.

We are sticking to medium lift
Quote[/b] ]

3) Will the Website be updated with most of the Units in Nogova's arsenal?

In time yes. We are trying to get more stuff done first and again not having enough scripters is really slowing things down.

yea i see, maybe BAS could help on the scipting for the UH1 as they did pioneer it for there Chinook and UH60's.

---Stealth Edit---

o btw have you checked out Col Klinks new Police launch? stick a 50.cal on the bow and that would make a great Patrol Poat for NAFP o yea and a bit of cammo smile_o.gif

yea i see, maybe BAS could help on the scipting for the UH1 as they did pioneer it for there Chinook and UH60's.

---Stealth Edit---

o btw have you checked out Col Klinks new Police launch? stick a 50.cal on the bow and that would make a great Patrol Poat for NAFP o yea and a bit of cammo smile_o.gif

We have cooperated with BAS in the past, we may in the future. ATM the Huey isnt on the top of our todo list smile_o.gif We allready have a patrol boat that FW200 made which we are working on.

sorry to bring this up again, but which model are you using for the Huey, will it be the Old Vietnam Model or the newer Hueys used by the Marines atm?

sorry to bring this up again, but which model are you using for the Huey, will it be the Old Vietnam Model or the newer Hueys used by the Marines atm?

Older vietnam model smile_o.gif the H model

ah excellent, i know im being a pain and all but is there an possibility of knowing what versions you will be modding ie rockets etc etc similiar to the ARA one used in Nam, also is rappeling possible from the old H model?

ah excellent, i know im being a pain and all but is there an possibility of knowing what versions you will be modding ie rockets etc etc similiar to the ARA one used in Nam, also is rappeling possible from the old H model?

I think it was discussed about 15 pages back wink_o.gif