Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Ground:

Bar Lock Radar

Zil-131 (Our Weapons mod)

BTR-152 (RHS)

T-55 (RHS)

M-38 (Unarmed, MG and Recoilless rifle version)

M101A1

Air:

An-2

MiG-21 (FDF)

Yak-52

Huey (Nam Pack)

Weapons:

FN Fal (in regular, para, LSW and scoped version)

FN Mag - (Earl)

CZ-75 - (BIS)

Remington Sniper Rifle - (BIS)

The list posted earlier in this thread. This list isn't final and somethings might change but it does give you the general idea.

whos the kpa?

Kolgujev People's Army

But thats the russians island.

Russians own that island cuz they did in the CWC campaign and all other official.Must have moved out and went back home after the soviet union fell.Maybe when I learn the art of modeling I might help people out.

But thats the russians island.

Russians own that island cuz they did in the CWC campaign

If you played redhammer you would know that they don't wink_o.gif

There is a resistance mission where Lukin helps out some partisans who want the Russians to leave their island.

No M240B version for the time being.

@Frostbite - The bag is the right size for 50 rounds, however the mount is wrong (after an extensive search I didn't come up with anything, so I'm re-modeling it now)

@Spencer, you can say what you want, its a relatively free forum...

why are u using a 50 round mag, seems kinda small for a machine gun, why not a 100 or 200 mag bag? just a suggestion smile_o.gif

@ironsight Redhammer was not a offical campiagn by BIS, it was done buy codies, so i would go by that the island is part of the soviet union tounge_o.gif

@ para-trooper

Only the british SF use a real metal 100rnd beltbox for their GPMG (M240 or FN-Mag).

Most countries don't use a beltbox for their M240 (or whatever name they use for it). They just have the belt hanging from the gun.

The main problem is that you want it to hand from the bottom of the gun, but that's where empty shells are ejected. So you have to hang it from the side.

A soft ammobag is now developed for it as seen in the pictures. I don't know why they didn't just copy the M60 beltboxes/bags. They have proven to be effective.

A 200rnd magbag would be extremely large and heavy. You do have te be able to carry it and aim it properly. A 100rnd would be the max for a bag that is hanging from the side of the weapon.

The main reason that Deadmeat is using this 50rnd bag is because it's the only bag for the M240 (apart from the beltbox of the british). So it's based on a real thing.

if a 50rnd bag is too small, use the bag for your gas mask :P

works great every time (until you actually need your gas mask)

holds, well depending on the size of the bag but, somwhere around 500rnds normally biggrin_o.gif

dont have a gas mask bag?, use some other large bag that you fasten on your west/harness biggrin_o.gif

oh, sorry the OT, this have absulutely nothing to do with OFP...

On topic, the FN MAG looks brilliant smile_o.gif

but what animations are that in the pics???

Update:

I remembered I had permission from Earl to use his fantastic textures from the Marine Assult Pack, many many many thanks go to him for that. (I suck at texturing, so he's a lifesaver tounge_o.gif )

The ammo bag has been re-modeled, it now hangs more natuarally under the weapon, and has a re-modeled attachment point.

Also, as the last pictures show, the bag "deflates" once all the rounds have been expended (unfortunately it switches from full to empty, thats just a game engine limit)

(Apologies for the jpeg artifacts in these pics, but they look fine in their "native" resolutions)

Note: Gunner anim is a custom anim made by me, it may or may not feature in the final pack (more than likely not)

fnmag.jpg

---

fnmag1.jpg

---

fnmag2.jpg

---

fnmag3.jpg

---

fnmag4.jpg

---

fnmag5.jpg

Why the FN-Fal, might I ask? I understand the reasoning for Isreal to have abandoned it and made their own. Nogova is hardly a desert climate or one where the FN-Fals failures come out.

If your feeling creative, perhaps Nogova decided to produce their own firearms, and military technologies rather than put a heavy reliance on foreign-arnaments. They could also pull a chinese manuver, which would be to rip off or..in nicer terms, be inspired, by other nations weaponry, and produce their own based after it. (No offense intented). Though I understand now this is Cold-war era Nogova, it still might be possible...but its your choice in the end. smile_o.gif

Very good looking addon, I cannot wait. biggrin_o.gif

Nice to see a much more depth taken to Operation Flashpoints Islands. It might not be far off from when Tonal And Nogova are accompanied by that south pacific island addon, among others.

But cant wait!!

The ammo bag has been re-modeled, it now hangs more natuarally under the weapon, and has a re-modeled attachment point.

Also, as the last pictures show, the bag "deflates" once all the rounds have been expended (unfortunately it switches from full to empty, thats just a game engine limit)

AWESOME!!!

That 'hanging' is what I meant. Looks a million times better now (much more realistic). It's just a small thing, but completely changes the look of it (from strange and unrealistic to awesome).

The deflating is a very nice feature. Adds even more to this awesome weapon.

Textures are awesome, but that's not a suprize since they're Earl's.

@cptfrosbite UK conventional forces use the 100rd mag/bag thingy to tounge_o.gif , but anyway keep up the good work, i just feel sorry for the nogovian soldiers who have to lug around that Fal, they are heavy mothers crazy_o.gif

Yeah, but only since a few years they actually do so. And AFAIK those are marines and not regular army, but I canbe wrong.

The FAL is indeed a big piece of heavy metal which is a bitch to carry around. But it packs quite a punch and sure defeats the enemy (it's accurate and deadly).

Yeah, but only since a few years they actually do so. And AFAIK those are marines and not regular army, but I canbe wrong.

The FAL is indeed a big piece of heavy metal which is a bitch to carry around. But it packs quite a punch and sure defeats the enemy (it's accurate and deadly).

marines, paras and frontline infantry units use them, in all its belt fed, i think it depends on the preferance on the user, they may rather have the ammo in a bag (in various sizes) or just carry the gun with the belt exposed wink_o.gif

The decision to use a bag was made more because OFP doesn't handle belted ammo in a easthetically pleasing manner. We feel that this looks very good the way it looks now and is realistic smile_o.gif

Why the FN-Fal, might I ask? ...

If your feeling creative, perhaps Nogova decided to produce their own firearms, and military technologies rather than put a heavy reliance on foreign-arnaments. They could also pull a chinese manuver, which would be to rip off or..in nicer terms, be inspired, by other nations weaponry, and produce their own based after it. (No offense intented). Though I understand now this is Cold-war era Nogova, it still might be possible...but its your choice in the end. smile_o.gif

Nogova's army is "only" ~300 men strong, so it would be much cheaper to buy small-arms from another country than it would to set up a factory and produce their own.

(See the Armalite AR-18 as reference - it was designed as "the poor mans M16" with everything much simplified. But because of the costs involved in setting up a factory with the necessary equipment to produce the AR-18, it was actually cheaper just to buy the M16)

As for the FAL, it was chosen because it is a more "typical" weapon of the Nogova size "army"/militia. Also, the FAL is quite easy to obtain, large numbers being made during the Cold War. The MAG is a natural choice partner for the FAL, since they both fire the NATO 7.62x51mm ammo, thus you only need to procure one type of ammunition for your two main weapons.

Glad you like it all tho smile_o.gif

Oh, is there any chance that you will be adding a bipod to the BIS Remington sniper rifle? Or, what I would like more... Any chance of using a different sniper rifle for the Nogovan armed forces? (Ex. the "Finnfire" used by the Finnish defence forces, I forgot the military designation however. Or even the TRG 22/42 would be IMHO more valid options)

The new ammobag for the M240/MAG/GPMG looks great! And is it really "deflating" depending on how much ammo is left?!