Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Think they are going to use the BTR-152 with ZPU-2.

But may I suggest a ZIL truck with a costum made hull on the back of the chassis and a mounted ZSU-23-2.

those guns look like there off a zsu-23-4 but there on a trailer rock.gif never saw that before

That's a ZPU4 up there btw.

I realize there's already some AA addons made and therefore obviously a lot easier to implement but I figured this one being small/older/russian might not be bad suggestion.

How about sidearms for officers and pilots? Would they be western like an M9, or eastern like a Makarov?

Also, what weapons are you looking at for tank crews? Would the P90 be too hi-tech?

These guys are using btr-152's, t55's and fnfals.

Does a P90 sound just a touch hi tech?

I think so.  wink_o.gif

EDIT: same goes for HK...take a look at whats been said about Nogova's budget. crazy_o.gif

Well, maybe a step the other way then - the good old M3A1 "Grease Gun"...I think some US APC crews were using these up until fairly recently (I know, I was surprised to hear that too)...

the MP5 is a quite a cheap submachine gun tbh, well maybe the new versions are a bit much, but earlier A2 and A3 models would be ok smile_o.gif , y can't the crew be armed with the para version of FAL, that would seem to be the cheapest option wink_o.gif

sidearm; FN highpower; very old gun, but very reliable and used all over the world. Hell, there's even a chinese copy.

P90; no, no, no. Not a good choise. The thing is NOT cheap and uses a different caliber. YOu want to keep the number of calibers used as low as you can, because that saves you a lot of money.

M3; good choise. In .45 it's quite a good weapon.

Hi people,

First off thanks for all the interest! smile_o.gif As a sidearm we will be using the CZ-75 as thats allready in game and is quite useable. Our officers, crewmen and our MP's will be using that pistol. Our tankcrews will be armed with a folding stock para-version of the Fal.

Considered the Sterling SMG as a crew weapon? 9mm, folding stock very distinctive, effective enough, and probably quite cheap as they've been churned out for donkey's years. Simple construction, and doesn't look like a plumber's tool either tounge_o.gif

Sterling L2A3 9mm

Sterling L2A4 9mm

Still, I like folding stock FALs just as much smile_o.gif

i always thought sterlings looked alot like sten guns britain stoped using them after the falklands didnt they

The Sterling was basically a modernised (at the time) Sten. They stopped using them when the SA80 was introduced. But they's still ace. I think some countries still use them, unsure.

Why don't you stick to the Skorpion for the Tankers? It's small enough and can have different calibers like 7.65x17mm (.32ACP), 9x18mm Makarov and and 9x17mm (.380ACP). ;)

An other option would be the UZI...

i always thought sterlings looked alot like sten guns britain stoped using them after the falklands didnt they

The Empire has been using them for a long long time in a galaxy far far away.. tounge_o.gif

sten.jpg

small arms choice for vehicles crews,

Scorpion, M3A1 Grease Gun, Sterling, Mac-12/11/10 ingram, M1 Carbine, Stengun, PPH40.

the uzi is not the cheapest in that class of guns, but it's quite a good weapon. And horribly simple. I've taken one apart and it's really nothing more than a box with a big metal block in it and a barrel. It's perfect in it's stupidity.  smile_o.gif

If they do one, I hope they'll make it a primary weapon with the stock extended.

but all those posts are actually a bit useless, since a few posts back this was written;

Quote[/b] ]First off thanks for all the interest! As a sidearm we will be using the CZ-75 as thats allready in game and is quite useable. Our officers, crewmen and our MP's will be using that pistol. Our tankcrews will be armed with a folding stock para-version of the Fal.

Guess that leaves little room for further input.

but all those posts are actually a bit useless, since a few posts back this was written;
Quote[/b] ]First off thanks for all the interest!   As a sidearm we will be using the CZ-75 as thats allready in game and is quite useable. Our officers, crewmen and our MP's will be using that pistol. Our tankcrews will be armed with a folding stock para-version of the Fal.

We are always open for what you guys think. The Fal is a very long weapon even with its stock folded down. BUT it is the best option we have in our opinion smile_o.gif

this might have been asked but what camo scheme are your ground viehicles going to use is it going to be similar to psc mt-lb btr-T and the rhs t-55? or is it going to be something completly new?

this might have been asked but what camo scheme are your ground viehicles going to use is it going to be similar to psc mt-lb btr-T and the rhs t-55? or is it going to be something completly new?

radar1.jpg

Something like this seen on our Bar Lock radar smile_o.gif

ooh nice thats something like only the second time ive saw a dedicated radar unit wow_o.gif in ofp

ooh nice thats something like only the second time ive saw a dedicated radar unit  wow_o.gif in ofp

We thought it would be a cool mission objective for both sides smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]First off thanks for all the interest! As a sidearm we will be using the CZ-75 as thats allready in game and is quite useable. Our officers, crewmen and our MP's will be using that pistol. Our tankcrews will be armed with a folding stock para-version of the Fal.

We are always open for what you guys think. The Fal is a very long weapon even with its stock folded down. BUT it is the best option we have in our opinion smile_o.gif

No AFV crew could use an FAL, we had trouble dismounting from Nissan patrols with ours (fixed butt) a carbine or SMG would make sense, Uzis are going pretty cheap nowadays, even more so now that Israel is retiring them, also Carl Gustav Mk45 SMGs are a possibilty although with th stock folded out its basically the same length as the FAL.