Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

will you be using the same model for all infantry units? for example a machine gunners uniform (ie load out/kit) would be different from a soldier or officer or medic or grenader. i would like to know if these will all be different for differnt classes of men

@ Oct. 11 2004,11:14)]will you be using the same model for all infantry units? for example a machine gunners uniform (ie load out/kit) would be different from a soldier or officer or medic or grenader. i would like to know if these will all be different for differnt classes of men

The base model will be the same, but there will be subtle variations in the loadouts (mag pouches etc)

From the FAQ, under weapons:

Quote[/b] ]- Sniper Rifle: Remington (the one that came with resistance)

Will it be the left handed (OFP:R version) or will it be a right handed version? tounge_o.gif

(Sorry, just being a wiseass) wink_o.gif

P.S. The site and the FAQ are cool. Nice work. icon14.gif

From the FAQ, under weapons:
Quote[/b] ]- Sniper Rifle: Remington (the one that came with resistance)

Will it be the left handed (OFP:R version) or will it be a right handed version?  tounge_o.gif

(Sorry, just being a wiseass)  wink_o.gif

P.S. The site and the FAQ are cool. Nice work. icon14.gif

Right Handed

Just couldn't help asking but is the motorcycle in the screenshot posted by FW200 for NAFP? (since it has Nogovan camo and some military stowage)

Jawa350wSC.jpg

FDF most likely...

But it looks like Nogovan camo, it looks quite the same as the Bar lock:

radar1.jpg

It was originally made for NAFP but there is some doubt in the team whether a motorcycle with sidecar is useful or not considering NAFP also has normal 4x4's..

smile_o.gif

It was originally made for NAFP but there is some doubt in the team whether a motorcycle with sidecar is useful or not considering NAFP also has normal 4x4's..

smile_o.gif

I think it's quite nice for a small army. They are quite cheap and small. Also the addon idea is very original and it looks great xmas_o.gif

smile_o.gif

I think it's quite nice for a small army. They are quite cheap and small. Also the addon idea is very original and it looks great xmas_o.gif

Agreed, it could possibly be even used for recon or border patrol. This is a really nice looking motorcycle with sidecar, takes me back to that old Ural

any new updates on the project..yall have been all but silent lately?  rock.gif

We all have been quite busy with IRL matters and are a short on members. We have tried to recruit new members in the past but that has, with 1 or 2 exceptions, led to very little, at this stage in OFP's lifespan I think it will become increasingly hard to get more people. When we have the time we may continue working on the addons but that will pbb be in the new year smile_o.gif

looks cool guys ..a standing army to do joint ops with ..

I see you guys plan to use the M38A1 as the main jeep for the NAFP project. What timeframe are you trying to portray? I am going to assume 1985 for this post. Anyway, I'm a bit biased but why give the NAF Korean War jeeps? They were only made from 1953-1955 or something around there, and although in production overseas in Norway (?) there were never a lot made. If you are trying to portray the mid 80's it would be a little bit more correct if you gave them a small fleet of the M151 series because at that time the US Military was just rolling in the hummers and rolling out the mutts and giving them or selling them to foreign countries.

I could type more, but I think this conveys my basic point.

thanks

Ft Huchuca was still using M38A1, and M37A1 up to three years ago, they were literly updated with the new style lights and even in NATO cammo which was really cool. I've been on a few bases that still used Halftracs for firefighting details.

I see you guys plan to use the M38A1 as the main jeep for the NAFP project. What timeframe are you trying to portray? I am going to assume 1985 for this post. Anyway, I'm a bit biased but why give the NAF Korean War jeeps? They were only made from 1953-1955 or something around there, and although in production overseas in Norway (?) there were never a lot made. If you are trying to portray the mid 80's it would be a little bit more correct if you gave them a small fleet of the M151 series because at that time the US Military was just rolling in the hummers and rolling out the mutts and giving them or selling them to foreign countries.

I could type more, but I think this conveys my basic point.

thanks

I and other members of this mod have answered this question from you a couple of times before I believe. The netherlands selected the M38A1 to replace their Willys and Ford GPW jeeps and selected a company called the "Nederlandse Kaiser-Frazer Fabrieken N.V. " of rotterdam, which was shortened to NEKAF, to assemble them. A total of 5676 were built when production ceased in 1958. In the early 80's a lot of surplus vehicles were released for public sale, some still unused. Some went to civilians other to other military users. Had nogova around 1985/6/7 wanted to buy a new general purpose 4x4 light truck which was NATO standard and for which parts were easily available this would have been a reasonable choice. The dutch government was selling them for around 6000 guilders I believe.

We have looked for other alternatives and people sent us some, mostly unrealistic, alternatives. Also seeing how we allready have a lot of research done on this vehicle (on all versions we want to make) and allready have a basic model I think the M38A1 is still our best choice.

The M38A1 sounds nice, will it mount any weapons?

EDIT:

Also if you still need help, just PM me smile_o.gif

I work on them as a hobby and started making some as an addon, the M38A1, was able to mount a BAR, M2HBA2, M60, 106MM recoiless used on the M38A1C, and the Rare TOW mounted verssion that was field modified durring NAM. Even seen them with 7.62 M21 mini guns and auto grenade launchers for point defence and airport security. Was about as versital as the M151 series, just didn't roll over as easilly.

I work on them as a hobby and started making some as an addon, the M38A1, was able to mount a BAR, M2HBA2, M60, 106MM recoiless used on the M38A1C, and the Rare TOW mounted verssion that was field modified durring NAM. Even seen them with 7.62 M21 mini guns and auto grenade launchers for point defence and airport security. Was about as versital as the M151 series, just didn't roll over as easilly.

I honestly don't care if they drive around on a skooter armed with a 50cal as long as we see some progess sometime in the near future sad_o.gif

a lot of the guys working on this project have other comitments, so NAFP is more of a "side" project for them smile_o.gif

wow_o.gifwow_o.gif

Looks very good!!!

Keep it up. The camouflage is extremely good for the nogova terrain. This will be nice in MP when they can't spot you smile_o.gif