Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

so we are doing this one project at a time.

And for now NAFP is in higher atmospheres *hint...hint...hint* wink_o.gif

NAFP in space!!!!  biggrin_o.gif

Nogova's secret Buran space project uncovered ! wink_o.gif

In that case we shall also require one AN225 to carry her rock.gif

But with ''higher atmospheres'' I obviously meant aircraft, unless Supah wants to give the NAF a Star Wars program, and nuclear missiles in space along with a whole array of spy/communication sattelites....an island the size of Cyprus....hmm....

They probably can't even afford a small missile piloted by a monkey tounge_o.gif

The monkey is the problem, unless they trade with Mcnools Pacific Island. smile_o.gif

its not just the weapon and units that makes this mod good (not that im saying I dont like them, cuz I really do) It's also cuz someone came up with to give the best island for OFP their own army (cuz u all know the FIA wont be enogh wink_o.gif )

Me and everybody else who has found their self stuck to this thred at some point is sure to be looking forward to this mod smile_o.gif

GREAT WORK GUYS tounge_o.gif

as a small update

marksman.jpg

Our soldier model with the FN Fal Marksman version.

Hello

The Nogovan Armed Forces Project is currently looking for a webdesigner to help us in the proces of making a new website for the mod. Applicants should:

1. Be able to code ASP

2. Be professional and discrete

3. Have examples of previous work to show

4. Be a Teamplayer

Hosting has allready been arranged. If you are just in it for the beta's, don't bother responding. If you are interested please contact Supah at supah@chaotic.nl which also works on MSN.

Regards,

Supah

Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with the old website?  smile_o.gif

- The hosting might come to an end soon

- Hard to update

- I don't have the time to maintain the site AND make addons, so I choose to make addons wink_o.gif

Excuse my ignorance, but what's wrong with the old website?  smile_o.gif

- Hard to update

- I don't have the time to maintain the site AND make addons, so I choose to make addons wink_o.gif

And we all think thats the right choice!! tounge_o.gif

That new soldier model: LOOKING REALLY PROMISING!!!!

BTW: one thing: isn't the headgear (the helmet) taken from Earl's Russian Naval units? wink_o.gif But I know that you co-operate with Earls (atleast I think so, You have his GPMG).

BTW2: will there be any funny new names for weapons, like official standards for Nogova, ex. FN-FAL could be some thing like AR(assault rifle) M/85? and the GPMG could be MG(machine gun) M/85. No funny question I think it could be better to use original names. biggrin_o.gif

That new soldier model: LOOKING REALLY PROMISING!!!!

Thank you, glad you like it smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]BTW: one thing: isn't the headgear (the helmet) taken from Earl's Russian Naval units? wink_o.gif But I know that you co-operate with Earls (atleast I think so, You have his GPMG).

Nope, Its a remodel of the one on the KMM model.

Quote[/b] ]

BTW2: will there be any funny new names for weapons, like official standards for Nogova, ex. FN-FAL could be some thing like AR(assault rifle) M/85? and the GPMG could be MG(machine gun) M/85. No funny question I think it could be better to use original names. biggrin_o.gif

No we will not be renaming weapons, it would only be confusing. smile_o.gif

Well I cant design it but I can host your site, check out OFPCentral

We allready have hosting thanks to Rhodite over at GOTF.net! (thanks again)

Hmm... A simular MOD has been created but never put into 'full swing' as people say. I (used to be known as Black Noble) took part in it, we even created a new flag for the FIA:

Flag2.jpg

As you can see, it has the traditional Green and Gold colors of the FIA. I would be very happy if you adopted this flag. It has a new thing in it, the 'broken' box up at the top. Something never seen on flags, we decided to run with the little man and create some change in the flags. But we also used items fom the origonal flag as well. Said before, the colors, and the Gold stripe for distant identification.

Patch.jpg

This was the patch flag for them, or the identifications for the armor. As you can see, it hasn't been perfected yet, but again the MOD never got out to the public. We used black because it too was seen in the flag (coloring of the 'FIA' part). Just fooling around on the computer with other people helping. But then agan, it may tickle your fancy. You don't need to list a credit for the flag and patch if you do choose them (I made them  wink_o.gif ), but it would be appreciated.

BTW: I see the color Green and White are taken, The color can be changed acordingly (just ask). But you have control on what you put in your addons, not me.

Hmm... Nice look to it,

NAFPFlag.jpg

*gets elbowed in the side*

Oh! yeah, your choice. sorry.

*coughs*

But i can see you already looked at this disign before, or else you wouldn't have come up with this:

nogova212.jpg

<?> Question One: Why did you choose green and white?

<?> Question Two: How are you going to do distant identification, the distictive feature is on the inside of the pole?

<?> Question Three: Who is your flag texture operator?

About the flag:

The flag was chosen via a poll on this forum. We feel there for that it has been sanctioned or approved if you like by the community and people recognize it as being the Nogovan Flag.

We did not choose green and white the original designer (name unknown) did. What do you mean by flag texture operator?

About the BTR:

At the moment we are looking at doing:

1. HMG armed version

2. Mortar Carrier

3. Unarmed (possibly ambulance but mostly undecided yet)

We may add more version as we want to get the most out of the chassis but ATM we just dont know yet. We are working on getting the HMG armed version ingame and scripted. Baby steps wink_o.gif

3. Unarmed (possibly ambulance but mostly undecided yet)

Covered?

Yes, with a tarp smile_o.gif

I've been thinking a bit! (yep there is something in my head tounge_o.gif ) the FIA operated in 1985 /cold war crisis, red hammer and resistanse, but that was 19 years ago, now what date will this mod be placed? 2003? etc and will the FIA be revived and fight with the NAF or fight against them? smile_o.gif

I've been thinking a bit! (yep there is something in my head tounge_o.gif ) the FIA operated in 1985 /cold war crisis, red hammer and resistanse, but that was 19 years ago, now what date will this mod be placed? 2003? etc and will the FIA be revived and fight with the NAF or fight against them? smile_o.gif

The soldiers are modelled to be present day or slightly before. FIA would be disbanded post liberation.

Edit: Happy Birthday BTW, just noticed!

Nogova's flag

A bit of history on the vote for Nogova's flag...

(P.S. I really wish I could remember the guy's name who came up with the final design, but the board search won't turn up the original thread...I was the one who introduced the gryphon device, but he designed the overall look...)

[edit]Found it!

Nogovan Flag

Appears Quicksilver was the designer of the winning flag! smile_o.gif [/edit]

Nogova's flag

A bit of history on the vote for Nogova's flag...

(P.S. I really wish I could remember the guy's name who came up with the final design, but the board search won't turn up the original thread...I was the one who introduced the gryphon device, but he designed the overall look...)

[edit]Found it!

Nogovan Flag

Appears Quicksilver was the designer of the winning flag!  smile_o.gif [/edit]

Ah ! Well Kudo's to quicksilver then on the flag smile_o.gif