Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

THe BTR looks great by the way, it is good to see some of the mud will be toned down a bit. Besides that, it looks about fitting of Nogovan Armed Forces smile_o.gif

I could understand the point colossus has made, but then again it is almost expectant of a place like Nogova to atleast put some extra money into their military if they face a possible threat of some sort. I suppose that is why they use old Russian equipment, but at the same time good money is put into personal protection of the soldiers such as body armor and camouflage. Like I said before, this is one great looking mod. Good job  biggrin_o.gif

could'nt of put it beter myself, equipment can be replaced well trained soldiers is another story, most countries are more interested in keeping their men alive rather than the equipment smile_o.gif

destroyed.jpg

A better look at the newer damaged BTR model. smile_o.gif Jaguar is really doing some great work in this one!

That does look damn good.

Does this mean desert troops as well or just the 1 desert vehicle?

Really nice work though. smile_o.gif

I already posted in the other topic, but for people who don't look there..

btr-152-DDST8501228_JPG.jpg

This is what I am basing it on. The colour and complexity of the pattern is now much more like the real thing. I am tried to copy the position of the stripes down the vehicle.

On the question of futher desert stuff, this is really a bonus addon. I did it for myself becuase during research I found the above picture, but decided to show it. On Nogova there is not much desert, so chances are they would not use the relatively small budget they have on equiping forces just to fight in this 5km square area, nor is it likely they would mount any operations somewhere in a desert climate, as the NAF would probably be 100% defensive in their doctrine.

A lil suggestion, remove the gun from the wreck, it would be the first thing that would be taken by either the crew or the enemy smile_o.gif

Thanks for the info, the 2nd wreck had already had it removed.  smile_o.gif

http://jaguar.gotf.net/MiEa6.jpg

I think that one of the wrecks should keep the weapon, as then it would have both an older wreck and one which has just been attacked.

But of course, if this last idea is not realistic then it will be taken off that one as well.  smile_o.gif

i like that idea jag... have the two options for the editors, then you vcan't go wrong smile_o.gif

lovely stuff as always... great textures smile_o.gif

im glad there's a bit more life in this project now (besides the stuff behind the scenes) as its one of my favourite current mod teams out there... its such an original and lovely concept, and a sure thing for most addon folders smile_o.gif

keep it up biggrin_o.gif

I can't really say those last few pics are beautifull (jpeg compression fucked them up beyond repair crazy_o.gif ), but the addons shown in the picture are top-quality.

The wreck addon is very nice. And realistic too, since a vehicle as light as the BTR will be wrecked a lot when facing well-armed resistance or a foreign military force.

Hey guys smile_o.gif

I'm new to OFP. I've just found your mod recently and I really like what I saw on your screenshots. It's great to see some mod teams who make additions for the OFP world.

I would love to build some missions with your units, because I got the impression that missions are a thing the OFP community is really lacking. But I'm still new to OFP and I got a lot to learn.

Anyway, keep up the great work! smile_o.gif

Glad you like it  smile_o.gif

Here's one more pic.

nf.jpg

Picture 2

Picture 3

It's probably about 50% done texture wise now, everything from that lump on the side near the middle forwards will be much more detailed.

I'm really glad to see Supah's mod is exceeding in all areas currently. Texture is supreme from the pictures i've seen through out the pages, most amazing. I congragulate you guys on getting this far. Good work guys!

Brandon

I especially like this BTR 152. It really fits the theme of a Nogovian army. smile_o.gif

Any ideas what kind of AFV's the Nogovians will get?

I think standard stuff like old Russian tanks (T-55...) is quiete boring. What about some old US tanks? I saw pictures of American M-18 tank destroyers from WW2 which were still used in Jugoslawia in the mid 1990s. Anyway, it would be great to get some unusal vehicles that weren't covered by any addon team yet.

But just MY 2 cents..:)

T-55's are almost a certainty. They may be "boring" but they're cheap, easy to maintain I hear and simple to operate. I just hope they're not BIS's.  sad_o.gif

I'd like to see a centurion or cheiftan, but making things from scratch is probably not worthwhile, especially as the team is quite small.

They already have our ok since a good while

The Btr-152 comes from the same source, but these nice textures are NAPF work ofcourse smile_o.gif

Ok, I got convinced, the T-55 is something like a must for those small armys. smile_o.gif

Looking forward to see more of your work smile_o.gif

RHS T55's. Now thats gonna be good with some Nogovan camoflage wink_o.gif