Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

I was thinking, how about using some..........non-Russian made material, think of it this way. After the resistance, they weren't supplied or had plans for Russian made stuff, but they had plans and contracts with other companies, possibly Israel or something....

I was thinking, how about using some..........non-Russian made material, think of it this way.  After the resistance, they weren't supplied or had plans for Russian made stuff, but they had plans and contracts with other companies, possibly Israel or something....

If you check quite a few pages back, you'll see that these units won't be carrying much russkie weaponry. They'll be armed with FN-FAL's, FAP's, MAG's etc

I was thinking, how about using some..........non-Russian made material, think of it this way.  After the resistance, they weren't supplied or had plans for Russian made stuff, but they had plans and contracts with other companies, possibly Israel or something....

PLEASE try and read the thread before asking questions!!

We are using:

FN Fal (belgian)

FN Mag (belgian)

Remington Sniper Rifle (american)

M38A1 (american)

M40A1 (american)

This has been discussed very often in this thread and screenshots have been posted numerous times.

Just out of curiousity, if the small arms fire NATO rounds, what about the vehicle armaments? Personally, I think it'd be quite cool if the Nogovans had modified Russian gear; T55s with 105mm main guns and FN MAGs mounted on the cupola and stuff. Then again, I've no idea how much work changing the model and config files would be, so ignore me if you want smile_o.gif

Just out of curiousity, if the small arms fire NATO rounds, what about the vehicle armaments? Personally, I think it'd be quite cool if the Nogovans had modified Russian gear; T55s with 105mm main guns and FN MAGs mounted on the cupola and stuff. Then again, I've no idea how much work changing the model and config files would be, so ignore me if you want  smile_o.gif

ATM no smile_o.gif The BTR-152 might be armed with a FN Mag but as we are using the DSHK as our HMG it is also going on our tanks.

Are you still going with a retexed BIS PV3S as the transport/supply vehicle?

EDIT: NM, I see it's a ZIL now for that one.

Also...what's the plan for a jeep/recon vehicle? (I did check but couldnt find anything on this)

The plan ATM is the M38A1 but we are open for options. The M151 MUTT, Landrover and the UAZ having been mentioned before as options. We do however preffer working with an pre existing model.

Hmm, has heavy weapons been touched upon?

You know, are they going to use Carl Gustavs and L.A.W.s?

Or RPGs and the variants?

Hmm, has heavy weapons been touched upon?

You know, are they going to use Carl Gustavs and L.A.W.s?

Or RPGs and the variants?

We are using SPC's M40a1 as a recoilles rifle. We are thinking about using the RPG-7 ATM smile_o.gif

You mean like carried on the shoulder??

I've seen some US marine fire an M40A1 recoilles rifle from his shoulder in Hue (vietnam), but I don't think it's the best way to do so. The thing is quite large and heavy.

The weapons seem to be mosty western (FN-FAL, FN-mag). So the Carl-Gustav is a very logical choise (and a very good one). The RPG-7 is a very poor alternative (athough it's capable of blowing shit up).

Just don't make the same mistake as BIS did; making it a guided weapon ( rock.gif ) and only giving one round for ammo (the carl-gustav gunner can easily carry more rounds with him).

The RPG-7 is a good choice IMO. It's pretty cheap and does its job very well. But Nogova could use some modern grenades with it. The M151 is also a good choice because the USA switched to the HMMV and could have sent their old Mutts to Nogova. wink_o.gif

You mean like carried on the shoulder??

I've seen some US marine fire an M40A1 recoilles rifle from his shoulder in Hue (vietnam), but I don't think it's the best way to do so. The thing is quite large and heavy.

Hahaha no man! biggrin_o.gif Was that guy called "Animal mother" by any chance? wink_o.gif I don't think anyone would want to do that too much, can't be good for you. It will be used on a tripod (possibly deployable) and it will be mounted on a couple of vehicles.

Quote[/b] ]

The weapons seem to be mosty western (FN-FAL, FN-mag). So the Carl-Gustav is a very logical choise (and a very good one). The RPG-7 is a very poor alternative (athough it's capable of blowing shit up).

Well its easily available, there have been more modern rounds develloped for it which up its abilities a bit. Also its dirt cheap! But like I said before we are open to suggestions on this one.

Quote[/b] ]Just don't make the same mistake as BIS did; making it a guided weapon ( rock.gif ) and only giving one round for ammo (the carl-gustav gunner can easily carry more rounds with him).
We will look in to it smile_o.gif

If you are using a recoiless rifle and a jeep, is there any chance that we might see the two combined?

106.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Just don't make the same mistake as BIS did; making it a guided weapon ( rock.gif ) and only giving one round for ammo (the carl-gustav gunner can easily carry more rounds with him).
We will look in to it smile_o.gif

If you are pondering the Carl Gustav, Shar and the rest of the SFP boys should be able to help you out, but you probably know that seeing as Sole is working with you aswell tounge_o.gif

But IMHO the RPG-7 is a good choice, it's capable of firing alot of warheads, a versatile and cheap weapon! I hope that you can make your own warheads for the RPG-7, with some imagination. Maybe a warhead designed to create a wall of fire for approaching enemy infantry? Something like the RPO, but applied to an RPG-7 round.

theres already a rpo in flashpoint only its called the AT-4 tounge_o.gif

theres already a rpo in flashpoint only its called the AT-4 tounge_o.gif

Aye, it loos like it. But it doesn't play the same role as the RPO (A) does smile_o.gif

Wasn't the RPO designed to seriously blow shit up (buildings and bunkers for example)? I've read that it's a real buiding-buster.

Wasn't the RPO designed to seriously blow shit up (buildings and bunkers for example)? I've read that it's a real buiding-buster.

I beleive it has multiple areas of use, but it does create a HUGE ball of flame. I read somewhere that the effect can be compared to a 122mm mortar shell crazy_o.gif

EDIT: Oh, and this further describes the weapon:

Quote[/b] ]The RPO-A Infantry Rocket Flame Thrower destroys covered weapon emplacements and disables light armoured and wheeled vehicles of the enemy. The RPO-Z sets fire to various buildings and installations, motor vehicles and open terrain. The RPO-D blinds with smoke the crews of fire emplacements and observation point of the enemy to help the flame-thrower operators fight. Each flame thrower is intended for a one shot only. The flame throwers are carried in backpacks. Each pack comprises two flame throwers. To transfer the weapons to firing position, the cotters holding the flame throwers must be pulled out. It takes 30 seconds to transfer the flame thrower to firing position. The weapon can be fired from standing, kneeling and prone positions and from a special trench using the same positions.

The flame thrower comprises three main components: a container, shell (ammunition) assembly and motor. The container is used to carry and store the assembled flame thrower and launch the shell. The shell which allows the flaming thermobaric mixture to be delivered to the target and initiated. It consists of a cylinder filled with flaming mixture, an igniting-bursting charge and an inertia base-detonating fuze. The motor provides an initial velocity of 125 m/s to the shell and compensates for recoil in firing.

its a thermobaric munition launcher basicaly the bastard child of naplam tounge_o.gif

the larger versions thermobaric munitions often produce mushroom clouds crazy_o.gif