Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Seen this chopper before, the Marines also got some with this kind of armament, this would be an ideal solution for the airforce wink_o.gif

That's an AGM-22, developed from a French wire-guided missile.

Link

It had no automatic guidance, though.

I'd stay with the huey. Nogova is going to have more western equipment because they won't get any Mi-2's sold from the Soviets after the invasion. Plus their pilots don't know how to fly them without soviet instruction. The US on the other hand, could give them some old Hueys and train their pilots. ;)

I'd stay with the huey. Nogova is going to have more western equipment because they won't get any Mi-2's sold from the Soviets after the invasion. Plus their pilots don't know how to fly them without soviet instruction. The US on the other hand, could give them some old Hueys and train their pilots. ;)

That was our idea behind the UH-1H and we have explained that at numerous occasions but people often forget that the moment you are telling them it wink_o.gif

And how would they get the MIG's and learn to fly them then??  wink_o.gif

As mentioned alot of times in this thread Nogova is a small land with limited money to use on military.

As for russia not wanting to sell anything to Nogova i dont belive in that they sell to anyone who has money. The other way around is a something else.

Now im not a expert on maintenance of choppers. But something i heard a lot is that it takes x number of people with x amount of equipment to fix a western made aircraft or helicopter, but it only takes 1 russian tech with a hammer to fix a russian one.

Some other points.

-Price on spare parts

-Delivery time of spare parts

-Price of delivery of spare part

Also

American chopper + French Missile system = More $ for parts, More $ for training and so on.

And how would they get the MIG's and learn to fly them then??  wink_o.gif

Delivered pre war smile_o.gif The MiG-21 has been produced and exported in far greater numbers then the Mi-2. Parts are easier to come by (especially post 1989) on the international market smile_o.gif

Some Points against the AGM-22

Quote[/b] ]the AGM-22 was not a very popular weapon. The missile operator in the helicopter had to visually track the AGM-22B by using a flare on the missile's tail, and had to manually guide it to the target with a small control stick. The guidance commands were transmittesd by a wire, which was spooled out by the missile. For this system to work satisfactorily, it needed skilled operators and an undisturbed environment, the latter almost an impossibility in a combat situation
Quote[/b] ]the missile was quickly phased out afterwards, and was no longer in the Army's inventory by 1976.

Two points:

1. We will not be using the Mi-2

2. We wont be putting rockets on any one of our choppers

I quite like the mix of eastern gear and western gear personally. If the Nogovans were tooled up with all Russian gear, it'd be just like playing with up-gunned BIS militia.

Anymore info ran?

Anti-tank missile. IOC: 1956. Year: 1956. Country: USA. Department of Defence Designation: AGM-22A. Manufacturer's Designation: N.5210. Popular Name: AGM-22A. Manufacturer: Nord.

Also AS.11 version in France. Total Mass: 30 kg. Core Diameter: 0.15 m. Total Length: 1.16 m. Span: 0.49 m. Standard warhead mass: 7 kg. Maximum range: 3 km. Boost Propulsion: Solid rocket. Guidance: Wire. Maximum speed: 690 kph. Pk: .9. Total Number Built: 179000. Flyaway Unit Cost $: 0.002 million.

Aérospatiale (Nord) SS.11/AGM-22

The SS.11 was a French wire-guided anti-armour missile, developed from the SS.10 (MGM-21) missile. It was used by the U.S. Army as a helicopter-launched anti-tank weapon.

Development of an advanced version of the Nord-5203 (SS.10) with improved range and effectiveness began in 1953 as Model 5210. Like its predecessor, it was a wire-guided spin-stabilized missile, but had a larger rocket motor and warhead. Because this made the Nord-5210 significantly heavier than the 5203, it was no longer suitable for infantry use, but was intended for launch from vehicles, ships and later helicopters. In 1956 the missile was first fielded by the French Army under the designation of SS.11 (SS = sol-sol = surface-to-surface). The SS.11 could use a variety of warheads of the basic French Type 140, including the 140AC hollow-charge anti-tank (effective against 60 cm (24 in) of armour), the 140AP02 penetrating blast-fragmentation, the 140AP59 anti-personnel blast-fragmentation, and the 140CCN anti-ship warheads.

U.S. Army interest in the SS.11 began in September 1958 after the cancellation of the SSM-N-23 Dart anti-tank missile, and in February 1959 the purchase of SS.11 missiles for evaluation as air-launched anti-tank missiles was approved. Although the air-launched versions of the SS.11 were designated AS.11 (AS = air-sol = sir-to-surface) by the French, the U.S. Army apparently continued to use the SS.11 nomenclature. The initial evaluation missiles were known as SS.11A1. In 1961, the SS.11 was approved for purchase as a light air-launched anti-armour weapon for use by UH-1B Iroquois ("Huey") helicopters. The missile, not only imported but also license-built in the USA by General Electric, was the improved SS.11B1 variant, which incorporated some solid-state electronics. The complete installation of six SS.11B1 missiles on a UH-1 helicopter was known as the M22 armament subsystem.

In June 1963, the SS.11 missiles of the U.S. Army were redesignated in the AGM-22 series as follows:

Old Designation New Designation

SS.11A1 XAGM-22A

SS.11B1 XAGM-22B

SS.11B1 training round XATM-22B

In 1966, the M22 armament subsystem was used in combat for the first time in Vietnam. By that time, the XAGM-22B and XATM-22B missiles had been redesignated as AGM-22B and ATM-22B, respectively. However, the AGM-22 was not a very popular weapon. The missile operator in the helicopter had to visually track the AGM-22B by using a flare on the missile's tail, and had to manually guide it to the target with a small control stick. The guidance commands were transmittesd by a wire, which was spooled out by the missile. For this system to work satisfactorily, it needed skilled operators and an undisturbed environment, the latter almost an impossibility in a combat situation. Therefore, the overall performance of the AGM-22B in Vietnam was very poor. Although it was again deployed in combat in 1967 and 1972, the missile was quickly phased out afterwards, and was no longer in the Army's inventory by 1976.

Despite its shortcomings, the SS.11 was still a very attractive cheap missile for third-world countries, and production at Aérospatiale ceased only in the early 1980s, after more than 180000 rounds had been built.

Specifications

Note: Data given by several sources show slight variations. Figures given below may therefore be inaccurate!

Data for AGM-22B:

Length 119 cm (47 in)

Wingspan 50 cm (19.5 in)

Diameter 16.4 cm (6.5 in)

Weight 30 kg (66 lb)

Speed 685 km/h (425 mph)

Range 3000 m (9800 ft)

Propulsion Two-stage (boost/sustain) solid-fuel rocket

Warhead 6.8 kg (15 lb) Type 140AC anti-armour

Main Sources

[1] Bill Gunston: "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Rockets and Missiles", Salamander Books Ltd, 1979

[2] Christopher Chant: "World Encyclopaedia of Modern Air Weapons", Patrick Stephens Ltd., 1988

[3] R.T. Pretty, D.H.R. Archer (eds.): "Jane's Weapon Systems 1972-73", Jane's, 1973

[4] Redstone Arsenal Historical Information Website

Some pictures of the SS11 in use with the French Army, you can see here the SS11 system applied to AMX13 light tanks :

-amx13_ss11_005.jpg

amx13_ss11_026.jpg

amx13_ss11_024.jpg

amx13_ss11_022.jpg

amx13_ss11_020.jpg

These toys are what we should have waited the red army with smile_o.gif

here :

unit history information

for A/2/20 ARA

SS-11 missile

For date 661009

A/2/20 ARA was a US Army unit

Primary service involved, US Army

South Vietnam

Description: The battalion history states that the battalion again displayed its ability with the SS-11, wire guided missile. Battery A received a fire mission against an enemy bunker. The target was located in an area covered with rocks and could not be effectively engaged with 2.75" rockets. Two SS-11 missiles were employed against the target; the first missile hit the bunker a foot from the 1x6 foot aperture, and the second missile entered the aperture exploding inside, destroying the bunker. Post strike surveillance by ground forces indicated several blood trails leading from the destroyed bunker to another bunker adjacent to it. Inside the second bunker, 55 VC awaited capture and gave up without a fight

The source for this information was 2/20 ARA History 1966 by MAJ Emil F. Moller

Good that the Screenshot-Section is updated, bad that there is still only one screen about the Huey. Good that there is the Huey for Nogovan Army, bad that there is no Gunship like in the Nam pack. Why wouldn't you add rockets to the Huey? That could be the attackhelo for Nogova. I think, they won't get any AH's like the Cobra or Apache

faltex.jpg

Progress made on our FN Fal's

atm we have:

Fal

Fal with rifle grenades

Fal with scope

LSW based on FAL

Good stuff. smile_o.gif

Is there plans for a demo/beta release or are you guys planning on doing the whole thing before anything is released?

I dont think this has been asked, pardon me if it has been.

There was a real LSW version of the FAL tha the Argentine forces used during the Falklands War. Random fact #6124 wink_o.gif

We know Kooky, Supah just screwed up the post tounge_o.gif

And, as far as I know, there are no plans for a pre-release demo. wink_o.gif

Will there be any slightly newer aircraft used, since the MiG-27 is primarily a strike based aircraft.  I'm asking because the MiG-21 is vastly outclassed and cheap but highly effective alternative aircraft choices are available now.

I heard some discussion about possibly being able to use Footmunch's F-16 and reskin the various loadout versionf of the F-16C.

That would make sense, because for about 11 to 15 million dollars a plane, you get a high performance aircraft well worthy of cleaning up any high performance MiG or Su aircraft who dares to play with it.  It can also perform SEAD duties, CAS, and antiship capability with AGM-65F or G version, and Harpoons.

Anyways, next question...

What is the best quality tank that will be in the NAF?

Get back to me on this when you can....

Well, the main tank for the NAF is the T-55 MBT. However, the NAF will have some captured T-80's. These will be in storage due to operating costs, lack of spare parts, poor servicibility etc. etc. Join our forum for more questions smile_o.gif

Arch.

The only thing more up to date than a MIG-21 I can see the NAF with is the AJ-37 Viggen (or any other Viggen variants) the Mirage II(I) and or somesuch. I couldn't see the NAF using any F-16's or F-18's, just a bit too expensive I figure. And as Supah has pointed out the NAF MIG-21's will be fitted with a multitude of loadouts. Ranging from CAS, AG-strikes and AA. Even the Czechs used their MIG-21's up until this year, and compare the Czech military budget to the one Nogova would be likely to have.

Especially valid considering some countries will be operating the 21 for at least another 10 years <if not longer>

State of the art is nice, but pricey, and personally I feel a territory the size of nogova would probably be rather more interested in subsidies for the fishing fleet than some state of the art next-gen warplane that cannot even operate off their rather limited fields.

On that note, both FMC <M113> and the ungodly mixed-named French armament industry have slashed their prices on 2nd gen APC's, might be a good buy for the Nogo's, FMC's even throwing in a spare engine and extra set of tracks with each M113A4 they sell smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]LSW based on FAL

The Canadian Forces have used something similar to this, known as a C-2. Basically it was a C-1 [Which is a modified SLR, which in turn is a modified FN FAL] with a heavier barrel, a bipod, and I believe it could also chamber a larger magazine. I suspect the Argies have something similar to this, but I havn't seen any images of it.

So far, it looks pretty good. This'll definately improve the game by some margin - definately allow for some newer, better missions.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]On that note, both FMC <M113> and the ungodly mixed-named French armament industry have slashed their prices on 2nd gen APC's, might be a good buy for the Nogo's, FMC's even throwing in a spare engine and extra set of tracks with each M113A4 they sell

The M-113 would be a decent APC to use - given proper refit, like additional trackage linked to the sides of it, some camouflage netting on some variations, et cetera. Its a versatile platform, albeit a rather large target.

-AK