Sign in to follow this  
Supah

Nogovan Armed Forces Project

Hey Nogova Oak reminds me of serbian camo: http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8280

Except it's colours aren't as dark. wink_o.gif

One fan from Poland have found RL camo that is even closer - the Polish "Pantera" pattern. But as I said before, "Nogova oak" is a fiction, although it came pretty close to some real smocks...

See the Polish pattern here. BTW the site is quite useful resource...

Hey, I can read and it was mentioned on some previous pages in this thread. ;)

A closer look at the An-2 (which is still a work in progress)

an23.jpg

an24.jpg

an25.jpg

an26.jpg

Whoa! Nice An-2. biggrin_o.gif

I remember reading that NVA used An-2 in an airstrike to South Vietnamise special forces base. One crashed into some trees when it was diving, one was shot down by UH-1 Huey and third was forced to land by the same Huey. An-2 were fitted with machineguns so they could do ground attack ops.

tounge_o.gif

Nice An-2 but I miss a think:

The An-2 wich I flew had an emergency exit on the steerboard side. Its on the obeside of the normal exit. It was marked with yellow marks and in case of a crash you can kick it out.

sry for the bad bad english

We aim to please wink_o.gif

http://nafp.chaotic.nl/nafinf1.jpg

http://nafp.chaotic.nl/nafinf2.jpg

These textures were made by Edge smile_o.gif They work real well,  These guys are hard to find smile_o.gif

The M-16A2 is just a temporary place holder and will be replace with our FN FAL (made by Jackal326 and Sole)

I have a question is it realistic to have a such well equwipt soldier whit Kevlar helmet, body amor, somthing that looks like a LCE M1961(old but good enyway) and a custome camoflage.

I know that even pur countries have somewhat modern equipment but taken in consideration that it is wery small and have an Airforce(which is very expensive, some east European countries have denied getting fighters for free because they could not afford it) and their equipment was all american: camo, body amor, helmet, LBV88 and ALICE even rifles(M16A1). And thats why I ask my self is it realistic to have a so well equvipt army in an arear where there, as fare as I know, is no aparent enemy and a little population.

Other than that looks very good and I think you should add a Intrenchring tool to him that would be very cool. oh an give him leather boots insted off jungle boots, just my oppionion.

STGN

Showing off some texture work on the IL-28 by footmunch which will serve in nogova's airforce as a maritime patrol aircraft/bomber.

beagle1.jpg

Some info:

Origin: USSR

Type: three-crew tactical day bomber

Max Speed: 486 kt / 560 mph

Max Range: 2,180 km / 1,355 miles

Dimensions: span 21.45 m / 70 ft 4.5 in

length: 17.65 m 57 ft 10.9 in

height: 6.70 m / 21 ft 11.8 in

Weight: empty 12,890 kg / 128,418 lb

max. take-off: 21,200 kg /46,738 lbs

Powerplant: two 2700-kg (5,952-lb) dry thrust Klimov VK-1 turbojets

Armament: two 23-mm NR-23 fixed cannon in the nose and two 23-mm NR-23 trainable cannon in a tail turret plus a bombload of up to 3,000 kg 16,614 lbs

The camo is based on that used by Taiwan on their S-2 Trackers smile_o.gif

Nice Supah, What Skin will the Pilot have by the way???

By the way same skin plane biggrin_o.gif Home-made pic at the Open Days off Fighter Airport Twente(wich they will close *^^@*^)

45386907.jpg

Edit: Supah will you have some kinda off Blackhawk, Seahawk style HELO but more older and USSR style?? biggrin_o.gif

couldn't you add something like a air-to-surface missile to the beagle ? or maybe torpedoes ?

couldn't you add something like a air-to-surface missile to the beagle ? or maybe torpedoes ?

Torpedoes are planned.

Remember, after the Nogova invasion, you KNOW the US would supply nogova with weapons, so you may want to put some old US torpedoes on the beagle.

it seems like this is one of the fastest devolping projects, If Everyone is saying their so much US and NATO backed.. Y dont the special forces be given CAR-15's? not M4's but the older Car-15's not all fancy with the newest optics but something 91 style... from the screenshots of the soldiers (i know their still beta) but they just look to US-Modernish.. The Helmets, the goggles.. maybe a more Czech style??? just give it a differnt type of look.. maybe some should have differnt color pants.... some old russian equipment.. and such a small country like Nogova.. would helmets be common? Winter Hats and Scarfs.. and just masks i think would be more likely common..Even guys with no helmets/hats at all. Now the Special Forces should be armed with some new stuff.. CAR15's, modern Helmets, goggles, 1 camo uniforms, and the best up-to-date army equipment. And maybe a differnt look for each division.... like soldiers in part with petrovic and closer to the airport to look more organized than say some soldiers all the way in the north of the island. who would have the poorer look still using Ak47's and stuff..

my basic point is, i dont want to see us soldiers wearing a differnt camo and call them nogovans. they should have their own unique look. love the aircraft tho.. Huey looks superb and perhaps an Mi-2 as the other Chopper??

hehe.. i cant wait for all this to get released so Modern Russia can invade a new and improved READY Nogova.. Nogova Special Forces vs Morpeh Spets Natz

You think they look too U.S. but you want to give them CAR-15's???

That makes no sense.

i said they look to MODERN US. Im saying since NATO was help supplying them i doubt they would send over their M16's and M4's. They would send something from that era.. (example: CAR15's) and that was only for their special forces units... i know they would look something like them since US would be suppliers but not something even the US Army is using in 2001- Current Day.

What I was saying is they'll be using OLD US STUFF!

The Marine Corps still has some M60s to get rid of. Give them to the Nogovans, put them on jeeps.

DO NOT GIVE THEM M151s!!! Blackdog had a hard time finding one, and the rest are chopped up.

Give em old M60A3s, BMPs, T72s, but cheap remakes. M55s for indirect fire (Make them UA Compatible), M113s (Definitely, use RudeDog's models when released, and more than just an A1 variant...), M2A1s... come on the works!

exactly we were saying old us equipment.. for tanks.. Mostly T55's, and just a few "Stolen T72's and T80's" so maybe just make the t72's and t80's look all dirty and old with like Nogova's emblems on em..

and if your planning on m60's thats cool too.. maybe about 10.. but for the majority if they have a big armored division.. about 20 or so T55's.. maybe one of them aint a threat but 20 of them are... BMP's for APC's.. and i just love the idea of the AN-2 and the Uh1 Huey.. i love the textures.. and whatttabout a Ch-34?? would look dead sexy in your textures and original.

I think that the NAFP guys have it all under control guys. Don't worry too much about the gear since everything they have so far suits the theme very good indeed.

Wow, the An-2 looks fantastic, and the Beagle in Maratime camo is a great idea.

Well done. smile_o.gif

Lookin great smile_o.gif Russia vs these guys. Well maybe Nogova will stand a chance.

I allways imaged US just bugging out of Nogova and Nogova to makes it own army. T-55s and Ak47s brought from the black market i thought rock.gif

Anyway. Thats my 5c AUS

Apart from tad too modern infantry unit looks pretty good so far. banana3.gif

Just an idea I had I thought might fit in.

Retexing the mapfact baracken buildings and also a tent/medic tent in the "ground" camo.

This would allow for some base building around Nogova.