DnA

Contact Expansion Livonia Feedback

Tweaked: Livonia ambient life species

Crows!!

ygDVoo0.jpg

:rthumb:

• Like 2

lwHzY7E.png

The centre pier of the rail bridge at Topolin doesn't reach the bottom of the river.

Regarding Russian radio protocol, it seems to have conflicts with other mods having Russian voice, such as RHS and Russian 2035.  Russian voices in these two mods were replaced with English while only Russian spetznas from contact dlc works normally.

4 hours ago, Frank. G said:

Regarding Russian radio protocol, it seems to have conflicts with other mods having Russian voice, such as RHS and Russian 2035.  Russian voices in these two mods were replaced with English while only Russian spetznas from contact dlc works normally.

Those need to be updated and include "A3_Data_F_Enoch_Loadorder" in their CfgPatches. RHS Dev version have that for instance but that also means, that i.e. you cannot use RHS development version with stable exe. That means, that you will most likely have to wait with mod updates till Contact reach Arma 3 stable branch and that will happen on 25th July 😉

Will the grass get improved on the Livonia map before realese, or its mostly final version?

Spoiler

UumHUJ2.jpg

rvMCyvq.jpg

G6QwzTY.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, EO said:

Crows!!

:rthumb:

it would be nice for those crows to be placeable in the eden editor.

1 hour ago, chaospaladin said:

Will the grass get improved on the Livonia map before realese, or its mostly final version?

Reveal hidden contents

UumHUJ2.jpg

rvMCyvq.jpg

G6QwzTY.jpg

You can't improve much visually from bird eye perspective unless you want to kill your FPS. Anything more flora related would create big drop in game performance. 

This view you get when looking at (and close to) 90 degrees straight down to the ground and it's covering small view area. Since grass from visual and performance end are very good, this is more than acceptable trade off. I haven't noticed this from foot/ground vehicle perspective.

One window of grey building (don't know exactly what building it is) is impenetrable. (sorry for duplicate, should post this here from the beginning)

It is so good to have the Russian spetznas finally added in the official base game as I am really tired of having to load huge size of mods to play with Russian special forces. Just a little further request: Is it possible to add several typical weapons and vehicles for Russian spetznas faction, like ak74, svd, bmp, mi24, or something like that. Just one type for each, not too much variants are required. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

the rahim was a prototype for a svd replacement and almost every csat vehicle is a russian prototype or inspired by

• Like 1

What is missing is a vehicle green CSAT camo matching Livonia terrain environment ... I know, this thread is about Livonia, the terrain, and not about Contact assets 😏

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Frank. G said:

It is so good to have the Russian spetznas finally added in the official base game as I am really tired of having to load huge size of mods to play with Russian special forces. Just a little further request: Is it possible to add several typical weapons and vehicles for Russian spetznas faction, like ak74, svd, bmp, mi24, or something like that. Just one type for each, not too much variants are required. 

The Ak-74 and AK-47 is in game as well as several marksman rifles for OPFOR, the BMP is replaced by the BTR-K, the Mi-48 does a better job then any Mi-24 variant. Btw the Mi-24 would be a 70 year old concept by 2039

Back on topic 😎

While playing, I discovered a discreet but deadly defect for the player and the gameplay.

There is always a gap between a building and the brick pillar from the brick walls enclosure.

Even if you have a chance again a human player [unless he knows about the glitch], an AI will not miss you.

LmszB5Xh.jpg

14 hours ago, oldbear said:

What is missing is a vehicle green CSAT camo matching Livonia terrain environment ... I know, this thread is about Livonia, the terrain, and not about Contact assets 😏

Oh yes, CSAT vehicles do need now a simple solid olive-green color of their vehicles.  

• Like 5

On 7/3/2019 at 2:35 PM, FoxFort said:

Oh yes, CSAT vehicles do need now a simple solid olive-green color of their vehicles.  

I agree green hex does not match livonia terrain after 8 hours of cti on livonia I can say that specnaz perfectly blend but not vehicles sometimes even normal hex from altis match livonia better...  Nato tropic vehicles are  ok.. Green csat yeah dream

This is minor, but there is grass in the main road, Grid 086098, position [8659.23,9880.36,0]

I29BWed.jpg

• Like 1

Regarding the ambient sound: Currebntly Livonia sound a bit to "rural" overall, since you have the distinct "forrest ambience" sounds also in the smaller towns.

I also want to add... the Livonia map in all its detail is a piece of art!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, magicsrp said:

The bridge is too low for SPEEDBOAT MINIGUN to pass under.

https://imgur.com/a/hUFezHM

The RHIB and the regular assault boat fit under it very well. The Speedboat is not the best choice for the small river anyway. (and onyl the "Zodiac" fits onto the Cargo truck)

• Like 1

Something that I very much do not like is the fact that grass is visible in a small circle around you when playing on lower graphics, this gives players with lower graphics an unfair advantage when an enemy may be laying in the grass. This is still an annoying issue, for other maps also...

28 minutes ago, Bram Bastiaansen said:

this gives players with lower graphics an unfair advantage when an enemy may be laying in the grass

Arma 3's native behaviour in multiplayer is that the client's terrain detail and view distance settings are overridden by the server/mission settings. So everybody plays with the same amount of grass. The client's own terrain detail settings don't give them an advantage over other players.

This only changes if the mission maker specifically develops a UI for clients to adjust their grass and view distance settings independent of the server setting. Which is arguably a poor design decision in any mission with PvP elements.

• Like 1