47 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Authentic historical Mi-8/Mi-24 liveries would warrant retexturing the aircraft entirely anyway. The Mi-8/Mi-24 livery colours are modern ones (or semi-fictional ones to match another aircraft in the mod or past BI games).

I would not agree with it. At leasrt camo#4 scheme on both Mi-8 and Mi-24 had been used during Soviet times. All the 'soot camo' schemes on the 24s AFAIK were used on the particular helos that participated in the Second Chechen war. So they had the 'old' red-white stars.

51 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

AFAIK the all-green Mi-24 is the only authentic pre-2010s camo and IIRC already has the older red star.

Never seen all-green Hinds at all. Especially on the pics taken on mid-2000s and earlier. The only single color scheme known to me that had ever been adopted and used was the dark gray one, since 2010s. Could you bring any pics of all-green Hinds here? That would be interesting to look at.

In general, all the Hind and Hip camos draw from modern Mi-35M and Mi-8MTV-5/Mi-8AMTSh references as those were the "2014" scope envisaged for the mod, but models themselves are lacking such modernisation. Soviet era stuff wasn't so much within scope until more recent years of development.

The camo4 is based on a modern Mi-8MTV-5. I've not seen the beige/gray shades used on Soviet era aircraft - closest I've seen is a beige/olive used around the Afghan war period. But fair enough it seems the Mi-8MTV-5 was in the midst of the transition to blue-edged stars and standardisation on the dark grey or modern green/tan/blue camo, and this scheme had an older red star. It's a similar situation with the orange/green MVD helos I mentioned before.

Soot patterns are indeed inspired by aircraft from the Chechen war, but they're applied on the colourway of modern Russian helicopters rather than Chechen-war period ones.

Green hinds were from a regiment that was equipped with Mi-24Ps in the 2010s IIRC, but I can't find the reference.

• Like 1

Hello,

I would like to ask you, if there are any ambitions of improving Mi-8 MTSh variant, at Russian VVS, in the aspects of the nose part and also the rear. Because the rear part is supposed to be a ramp for loading and unloading material (air-drop) or vehicles (like quad-bike). 

Thanks
unnamed-1.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFMoqD7wLNEXPVyNJFhkR

• Like 4

Hello, I have a technical question. Some vehicles (ie the BM21 or D30) have no data defined for magazines or turret-magazines within cfgVehicles. I can also not seem to grab the weapon names the same way that I'm used to - have to say that I never was a config wiz.

Maybe this is not even the right approach, I am trying to distinguish offensive artillery vehicles from ie recon ones like the PRP-3.

Any pointers are appreciated!

2 minutes ago, mad_cheese said:

Hello, I have a technical question. Some vehicles (ie the BM21 or D30) have no data defined for magazines or turret-magazines within cfgVehicles. I can also not seem to grab the weapon names the same way that I'm used to - have to say that I never was a config wiz.

Maybe this is not even the right approach, I am trying to distinguish offensive artillery vehicles from ie recon ones like the PRP-3.

Any pointers are appreciated!

D-30 has magazines in turret. As for BM-21, it is using pylons tech https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Vehicle_Loadouts

Hi

I have a question about bmp 2.

Why the commander periscope has no free view as the one of bmp 1 and bmp 3 ?

Thank you

Hello everyone,

A bit of news to share with you- yes we didn't forget about releases, we just keep upping the stuff we're adding right now!

We've had a few authors hard at work on some heavy lift. We already showed off the MTVR a few months back, and that's 99% good to go. But as Billy Mays (rip) says, "I'M NOT DONE YET!"

The absolutely talented and amazing @Delta Hawk made a very special vehicle, the M916 Light Equipment Tractor (LET), and two trailers: the M871 and M870 trailers. We previously didn't think of including a tractor because without trailers they are effectively useless. Now @reyhard came through and made a working trailer system! Insane, I know. We'll have more to announce as we keep working on the system!

As for lift, it doesn't end there either. We're hard at work on a newly injected HEMTT, as the old one was a bit inaccurate. It will also add two new models, the M1120A4 LHS, and the M983A4 Tractor. Further, the massive 10 wheel drive PLS A1 (M1075A1) will be added!

7WoGUFq.png

M916 LET with the M870 "Lowboy" trailer. This type of trailer is typically used to transport vehicles, and can accommodate about 36,000kg. 

g22rtNk.png

M916 on a road move with the M871 Trailer. This is a more traditional flatbed trailer. Notice the angle the trailer is at; this is due to the much larger wheels fitted to the M916 LET. A typical commercial highway tractor would have smaller wheels to ensure the load remains level, however this vehicle prioritizes performance on rough roads. It is carrying an intermodal container, sometimes called a CONEX in the US Army, or Sea Can elsewhere.

5nrLJyc.jpg

A super early build of our M1075A1 PLS (Palletized Load System). This monstrous vehicle has 10 wheels, over 5 axles! It normally is driven 6x10, with all 6 rear wheels being powered. In adverse conditions the front 2 axles can be engaged for 10x10 drive. Each tire is 53", and this unarticulated vehicle is over 11 meters long! To assist in steering this house on wheels, it actually has 3 steering axles. The front 2 turn the direction the driver steers, while a steering replicator allows the 3rd axle to counter-steer. The turning radius however, remains shockingly bad. Just as in real life, the 600Hp 15L inline six engine is fitted to a 6 speed automatic transmission. The engine produces an incredible 1850lb ft of torque at low RPM. Although most US states limit commercial vehicles to 80,000lbs total (including the truck and trailer), US military vehicles are not bound by such regulations.  Therefore, a PLS A1 when equipped with a trailer is capable of moving 135,000lbs, which again, is INSANE. All this power gets some stunning fuel economy, too. Stunningly bad, that is! A PLS A1 averages 2.5 Miles Per Gallon (117.5 l/100km). To give it some chance of range, it carries 704L of diesel! The PLS A1 is visually similar to the HEMTT, and shares a lot of components. However, that didn't stop me from being able to re-use very little, and it took another 6 months to model the PLS A1 while redoing the HEMTT A4 series.

Thanks for everyone's support, stay tuned for more! 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 7

21 hours ago, mortyfero99 said:

Why the commander periscope has no free view as the one of bmp 1 and bmp 3 ?

It does.

BMP-2 commander's position has two optics:

First one is the 1PZ3 sight slaved to the main gun so the commander can see what the gunner is pointing at - Commander can override the gunner while holding the Alt key (I think it's Alt anyway) in the 1PZ3 viewmode. The other is a movable TKN3 periscope same as the BMP-1 (but with the cupola mounted on the turret rather than the hull).

Cycling between the different optics is done with the NUM+ and NUM- keys used to zoom in and zoom out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, First Sea Lord Kiwi said:

Is the LAR faction for the USMC going to be worked on? 

If we have anything to announce we'll post it here!

G'day RHS Devs,

Congratulations on the announcement of the Heavy Haulage vehicles and working trailer system, it's been a feature that has been surely needed.

Can I ask if you are intending to add any vehicles to support Maintenance activities? By this I mean trucks/humvees fitted with dedicated workshop bodies, towing/maintenance cranes etc.

Looking forward to whatever the team turns out next. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Wansec_6

mmI0WLBNSznxqMvo5TxrvB9HJsyMCJzSgG0t4eynSome times ago I have seen in VK the AEK 971 with a russian thermal optic. On your DEVs mod I find the AEK, but not the thermal optic. Do I miss something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, t.g.1911 said:

mmI0WLBNSznxqMvo5TxrvB9HJsyMCJzSgG0t4eynSome times ago I have seen in VK the AEK 971 with a russian thermal optic. On your DEVs mod I find the AEK, but not the thermal optic. Do I miss something?.

Not injected yet.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2022 at 8:31 PM, wansec_6 said:

G'day RHS Devs,

Congratulations on the announcement of the Heavy Haulage vehicles and working trailer system, it's been a feature that has been surely needed.

Can I ask if you are intending to add any vehicles to support Maintenance activities? By this I mean trucks/humvees fitted with dedicated workshop bodies, towing/maintenance cranes etc.

Looking forward to whatever the team turns out next. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Wansec_6

I don't think immediately. The PLS A1 can support the M7 Forward Repair Facility, but it's quite a bit of work for something niche. 

G'day @Richards.D.

Thanks for the reply. Having additional maintenance assets would be a good thing, but I understand that a lot of work would be required to create them for, as you say, a niche in the community.

Has the Dev Team ever contemplated adding any Australian Assets into the GREF package?

Keep up the great work.

Regards

Wansec_6

16 hours ago, wansec_6 said:

Has the Dev Team ever contemplated adding any Australian Assets into the GREF package?

Not directly as previously said, gref is supposed to be the place for stuff that development team wants / has done and would still fit armaverse, yet it would’t have a place into the other mods.

Hey RHS crew.

Are there any plans to add further weapons loadouts to Soviet Choppers? Like the GUV8700 pod?

G'day @PuFu,

Thanks for the reply. I missed that important bit of info regarding the Gref Faction.

Regards

Wansec_6

Ok im not literate at all in gun hardware - but thought I remembered that RHS had an actual ingame working PiP scope. I see some scopes are referred to as PiP, but they seem like a pseudo mockup where as in the one i remembered from here was actual image within image (albeit low-res) it was still fun to play with. Was it discontinued as i cant find it anywhere

On 5/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, soul_assassin said:

Not injected yet.

Thanks for your answer and thanks to the team for all this great stuff you give to us.

7 hours ago, froggyluv said:

Ok im not literate at all in gun hardware - but thought I remembered that RHS had an actual ingame working PiP scope. I see some scopes are referred to as PiP, but they seem like a pseudo mockup where as in the one i remembered from here was actual image within image (albeit low-res) it was still fun to play with. Was it discontinued as i cant find it anywhere

On the pause menu, click RHS - Game Options, "Preferred Optic", choice of 2D, 3D, and PiP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, what your guys' take on Reforger? A harbinger of a bright new future, full of customizable guns, fully modeled, clickable vehicle interiors and PIP optics for everyone, or the end of ArmA and RHS as we know it and the start of console armageddon? 🙂 

Myself, I'm hopeful, but what we got so far isn't much on its own. That said, it seems like they did address most major sources of clunkyness of the UI we were stuck with in RV, and performance is better, as well. The modding tools are mighty, and Enfusion is more or less everything I thought it'd be. It's not ArmA4, but it's a damn good start IMO. I'm really looking forward to the RHS take on the new capabilities.

• Like 4