Small showcase video showing how M916 truck works in-game. Anyone can check it on their by using RHSUSFDEV builds. System is still work in progress and i.e. unloading and loading of vehicles needs to improved (there are very little restrictions right now for instance )

• Like 18

On 5/21/2022 at 3:10 AM, reyhard said:

Small showcase video showing how M916 truck works in-game. Anyone can check it on their by using RHSUSFDEV builds. System is still work in progress and i.e. unloading and loading of vehicles needs to improved (there are very little restrictions right now for instance )

That's so cool! ArmA has come a long way! 🙂 Great work!

Abs

• Like 1

Good Day RHS team.

I read the info from your site, in the Documentation/FAQ section

Will there be tank interiors?

Vehicle interiors take a massive amount of effort to make, with often little to no functional return. We avoid making them when not needed functionally, like in tanks. Vehicles where you cannot get away with not having an interior, such as ones that have cargo positions, will receive fully detailed ones.

Let me pour out just a few thoughts about...

The fact is that I was always upset that there were no interiors for heavy armor in the RHS. Since this fact will always downplay the RHS quality, making it somewhat lower than the quality that a vanilla game is able to give the player.

Yes, outwardly many RHS vehicles are superior in quality to vanilla game vehicles, but due to the lack of interiors they lack immersiveness and in some cases (damage to the rotating parts of the optics), even functionality.

After all, it is very boring to look into a small black hole (here I meant most russian tanks) throughout the game if you are a tanker. Besides the player sees only 20-30% of the entire screen and can see just ahead/

We avoid making them when not needed functionally, like in tanks

I cannot agree that the tank interior is not functional, even if RHS don't use the modern dashboards.

For example, every time when the gunner's turret or the commander's rotating optics are damaged, they sink to the ground and lose their ability to rotate. In this cases the tank becomes unusable for player on the commander and gunner places, due to the lack of opportunity to see something. While with the presence of the interior and damage to the rotating optics, it was still possible to monitor the situation/path by mean rotating your head to observe via observation windows!

In general, I will not ask you to make interiors for all heavy armor, as I understand that this is a hell of a job.

Other than that, at this point in Arma's 3  life, it's unlikely to happen...

I just want to ask - why didn't you guys at least make black 3D interiors like they did in the Global Mobilization DLC?

38436191_s.jpg

In this case, detailed modeling and texturing of the interior are not needed.

What matters only is the shape of the cabin and its functional viewing windows. and thus the community would receive at least a partially functional interiors for heavy armored vehicles!

It would look ten times better than what it is today.

And modeling black 3D interiors would take a lot less time.

I think such an addition would be great for the RHS.

Just a question + food for thought...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 6/8/2022 at 12:39 AM, mickeymen said:

After all, it is very boring to look into a small black hole (here I meant most russian tanks) throughout the game if you are a tanker. Besides the player sees only 20-30% of the entire screen and can see just ahead/

[...]

I cannot agree that the tank interior is not functional, even if RHS don't use the modern dashboards.

For example, every time when the gunner's turret or the commander's rotating optics are damaged, they sink to the ground and lose their ability to rotate. In this cases the tank becomes unusable for player on the commander and gunner places, due to the lack of opportunity to see something. While with the presence of the interior and damage to the rotating optics, it was still possible to monitor the situation/path by mean rotating your head to observe via observation windows!

[...]

In this case, detailed modeling and texturing of the interior are not needed.

What matters only is the shape of the cabin and its functional viewing windows. and thus the community would receive at least a partially functional interiors for heavy armored vehicles!

It would look ten times better than what it is today.

And modeling black 3D interiors would take a lot less time.

I think such an addition would be great for the RHS.

Couldn't agree more ! 😄 👍 

• Like 1

Is there an up to date guide on the klen ps? i've got custom action 15-18 bound but can't slew the cursor around.

A-29 Super Tucano in-cockpit map

Greetings. I understand the normal GPS is disabled and to operate the "Left MFD" or "Right MFD" rendered on the cockpit dashboard. What confounds me though is reference to a "Navigation MFD" or "in-cockpit map".

I can locate no mapping system in the cockpit.

What some of us have been doing lately is using the MicroDAGR as an improv map, but I would rather figure out how this cockpit was intended to be used.

• Is there a mapping system or control I am ignorant of?
  • Is there a malfunction with one of the MFD panels, perhaps the radar would have the map in the background? Or one of the other panels which currently have black backgrounds.

I really enjoy this aircraft, but this oddity is driving me up the wall.

21 hours ago, dent308 said:

Greetings. I understand the normal GPS is disabled and to operate the "Left MFD" or "Right MFD" rendered on the cockpit dashboard. What confounds me though is reference to a "Navigation MFD" or "in-cockpit map".

What some of us have been doing lately is using the MicroDAGR as an improv map, but I would rather figure out how this cockpit was intended to be used.

• Is there a malfunction with one of the MFD panels, perhaps the radar would have the map in the background? Or one of the other panels which currently have black backgrounds.

When you are inside A-29, you can use Waypoint Manager to add waypoints on the map. Those + custom waypoints will be then visible on the navigational panel of Super Tucano.

p83WKUc.png

04wnHPB.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, reyhard said:

When you are inside A-29, you can use Waypoint Manager to add waypoints on the map. Those + custom waypoints will be then visible on the navigational panel of Super Tucano. 

Excellent, thank you, this is exactly the bit I was missing. 1000 internet points!

Hello  the A-29 have wrong animation on backseats

I fly it yestern from front and Backseat on the backseat are the controll animations inverted i not know its already a knowing report.

How is automatic target tracking work in helicopters? I remember the same system was on the tanks (T90 and T72). It is broken for me . I hear a click, the TA symbol lights up for a split second and disappears. The same is  for tanks. Target tracking disappears after  a second

Spoiler

ezgif-5-29fb30a030.gif

4 hours ago, sammael said:

How is automatic target tracking work in helicopters? I remember the same system was on the tanks (T90 and T72). It is broken for me . I hear a click, the TA symbol lights up for a split second and disappears. The same is  for tanks. Target tracking disappears after  a second

Have you tried perhaps RHSAFRFDEV? There were quite a lot improvements to FCS and target tracking over there

4 hours ago, reyhard said:

Have you tried perhaps RHSAFRFDEV? There were quite a lot improvements to FCS and target tracking over there

For this I must also use Arma 3Dev vesion? As I understand FCS target tracking is broken in current stable RHSAFRF?

1 hour ago, sammael said:

For this I must also use Arma 3Dev vesion? As I understand FCS target tracking is broken in current stable RHSAFRF

Not necessarily, 2.10 features like TI improvements shouldn't cause any issues on current stable build. As for current version no idea, I hope that DEV build can be pushed to stable around 2.10 release but it all depends how much time I will have to finish FCS on Russian vehicles (like BMP-3/BMD-4)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, reyhard said:

Not necessarily, 2.10 features like TI improvements shouldn't cause any issues on current stable build. As for current version no idea, I hope that DEV build can be pushed to stable around 2.10 release but it all depends how much time I will have to finish FCS on Russian vehicles (like BMP-3/BMD-4)

Tested the RHSAFRFDEV for the first time. I really liked the new FCS on tanks. As always the quality is top notch! Thanks again to the whole RHS team for giving us the best arma mods for so many years

• Like 1

RHS units will properly grip RHS weapons which have grips (vert grips, afgs) whenever the mission loads.  Vanilla units, however, will not adjust their grip whenever the mission loads.

I'm assuming that RHS units are calling some sort of event handler/script to adjust their grip for the RHS grip system. Can someone tell me how to call that script for vanilla units?

EDIT

Figured it out - here is how you can fix the weapon grip for vanilla units: 

[this, (primaryWeaponItems this) select 3] call rhs_fnc_accGripod_change

On 6/20/2022 at 8:52 PM, dent308 said:

You may use other mods(eg.Tao's folding map rewrite, Ctab Devastator Edition) as alternatives. The ctab mod will auto-add a Tactical Awareness Display  to those GPS built-in air vehicles. 

Edited by HBAOplus

I know this has probably been asked before but are there any plans to add extended lower and upper zenitco handguards (ie b30/b31)?

or Sureshot handguards?

On 7/30/2022 at 7:15 PM, Blitzen88 said:

I know this has probably been asked before but are there any plans to add extended lower and upper zenitco handguards (ie b30/b31)?

maybe, since we have a license agreement with zenitco for all they parts

On 7/30/2022 at 7:15 PM, Blitzen88 said:

or Sureshot handguards?

very unlikely

I have been informed that by using the RHS AFRF and USAF MODs it will be possible to insert pontoon bridges into the mission. However, I did not find any pontoon objects. Can anyone help with this?

Here's a video about it too:

I installed the following MODS:
CBA_A3
ACE3
ACE  Compat - GM
ACE Compat - RHS USAF
ACE Copmpat RGS AFRF
RHSUSAF
RGSAFRF

I also put the following scripts into the mission folder: https://gitlab.com/Timv3/arma-3-pontoon-scripts

Can anyone help me how this will work?

UPDATE: I found the PMP-60 pontoon objects, but I don't know how to use them. All I can do with them is FOLD/UNFOLD, LOAD in NEARBY VEHICLE and CLIMB ABOARD. How can I use these to build a pontoon bridge on the water surface?

Thanks.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:24 AM, Anonymous4245 said:

Is there a way to switch between CITV and CROWS in the SEPV2?

Right now there is no such option due to difficulties in implementation of it

12 hours ago, simicsko said:

I have been informed that by using the RHS AFRF and USAF MODs it will be possible to insert pontoon bridges into the mission. However, I did not find any pontoon objects. Can anyone help with this?

Here's a video about it too:

I installed the following MODS:
CBA_A3
ACE3
ACE  Compat - GM
ACE Compat - RHS USAF
ACE Copmpat RGS AFRF
RHSUSAF
RGSAFRF

I also put the following scripts into the mission folder: https://gitlab.com/Timv3/arma-3-pontoon-scripts

Can anyone help me how this will work?

UPDATE: I found the PMP-60 pontoon objects, but I don't know how to use them. All I can do with them is FOLD/UNFOLD, LOAD in NEARBY VEHICLE and CLIMB ABOARD. How can I use these to build a pontoon bridge on the water surface?

Thanks.

Use static versions of PMP-60 pontoon which snaps to each other.

10 minutes ago, reyhard said:

Use static versions of PMP-60 pontoon which snaps to each other. 

OK. But what and how do I need to set it up so that during the mission I can pick up the pontoon elements and bring them to their place?

1 minute ago, simicsko said:

OK. But what and how do I need to set it up so that during the mission I can pick up the pontoon elements and bring them to their place?

There is no ready to use system for that and you would have to script it somehow. In real life you would use Kraz 255 truck to transport every segment of the bridge + BMK-T tugs (also transported on Kraz-255) to place those segments in place

33 minutes ago, reyhard said:

There is no ready to use system for that and you would have to script it somehow. In real life you would use Kraz 255 truck to transport every segment of the bridge + BMK-T tugs (also transported on Kraz-255) to place those segments in place 

In this video, players take the pontoon elements into place:

My question is, what settings do you need for this capability?

2 minutes ago, simicsko said:

In this video, players take the pontoon elements into place:

My question is, what settings do you need for this capability?

Custom script most likely - on that video they are also using wrong trucks