On 1/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, nicklomas said:

Is there a reason why RHS don't work with CUP or is this due to differences in the direction that you want to take?

If by work together you mean merger, that is not going to happen, not in A3 lifetime anyways.

If you mean mods working together, they sort of do, but still, considering we use real data, and CUP uses vanilla data for most of the ammo, there might be some differences in terms of how both armor and ammo performs (both character and vehicles) if you mix match the 2 mods

Just curious as I use both mods and thought collaboration between both would produce some outstanding results

Mods are a hobby, not a business. I would wager that both mods produce outstanding results anyways.

Collaboration is happening between most old farts modders that have stuck with Bi games for quite a bit. Just because they don't put out a product together doesn't mean that doesn't happen behind the curtains.

........results i'd happily pay £30-40 for as DLC instead of the current DLC content.

cannot talk about CUP, but If you wanna support RHS development, we have a patreon page, you can find it in my siganture.

also, afaik, neither CUP, and surely not us, wanna get involved in the current cDLC program BI put together. Maybe in a future title, but we'll see what happens if/when we'll get to that

Also do you recommend a guide on how to start of on building your own models? 

There is no definitive guide for arma modding, considering modding for A3 has a lot of facets. For models, google/youtube is can render a lot of good free results for you. One of the best tutor is still arimus3d if you ask me.

On 1/22/2022 at 5:25 PM, lilithsspawn said:

This is a great tutorial series on how to learn to make your own models. 

Please, stop sharing this self entitled blender guru bloke. There are a ton of other (a lot better) people on the interwebs, but this guy surely aint it. Again, Arimus 3D (old time max user) has started making blender content

• Like 6

"M7A3 CS Gas Grenade" (rhs_mag_m7a3_cs) still falsely works as a flashbang as of 0.5.6 at 2021-05-10.

On 7/24/2016 at 4:14 PM, da12thMonkey said:

4. PEQ-15s should automatically replace with one that fits the HK416 when you initialise a mission in Eden or "Try" in Virtual Arsenal. If not, go in your inventory and remove it and put it back on the weapon manually - it should trigger the script again and replace it with the 416 version. In this respect it works like the grip-switching script we have for the TD grip, AFG etc.

Before putting this into the feedback tracker, I thought I'd ask if this script is no longer used on the 416s.  I only recently noticed that the PEQs are sinking into the rails again, but wasn't sure if this was due to a change behind the scenes.

1 hour ago, gatordev said:

Before putting this into the feedback tracker, I thought I'd ask if this script is no longer used on the 416s.  I only recently noticed that the PEQs are sinking into the rails again, but wasn't sure if this was due to a change behind the scenes.

Are you trying to put a ticket in the issue tracker saying that something works as it should?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, soul_assassin said:

Are you trying to put a ticket in the issue tracker saying that something works as it should?

I was trying to see if it was an issue only I have or if it's something everyone is having.

Previously, as quoted, there was a script that off-set the PEQs on 416 rails so they sat correctly.  That's not happening anymore.  I'll happily make a ticket, but wanted to see if others had the issue first.

Using the RHS dev branch?

IIRC when the PEQ script was rewritten for the new keybinding system and to add support for secondary and launcher weapons, the rhs_fnc_anpeq15_rail function call wasn't included yet.

I've mentioned it to @reyhard so it'll probably be fixed at some point.

Hello, I understand you don't like requests and I am sorry for asking but if I may make a tiny one? May we please have variants of the M88 uniforms without the soviet star on the belt buckle?

I very much like the uniform's look, and those of its variants (winter, sapogi), and would like to reskin them, but the soviet star clashes horribly with all the skin ideas I have, and just editing it out of the _co texture doesn't work as it's still in the _nohq and _smdi textures, so it shows through the shading.
I suppose an easy solution would be to edit the star out of the _nohq and _smdi textures so it doesn't show through shading, but that would be entirely up to you of course, if you decide to do anything about it. Thanks for at least reading this.

18 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Using the RHS dev branch?

IIRC when the PEQ script was rewritten for the new keybinding system and to add support for secondary and launcher weapons, the rhs_fnc_anpeq15_rail function call wasn't included yet.

I've mentioned it to @reyhard so it'll probably be fixed at some point.

Ahh, okay.  Yes, it's Dev branch.

I'll submit a ticket just to document it.  When you get to it, you get to it.  Thanks for the clarification.

I have the same issue, the PEQ switch script has not been working on the HK416s, SCARs, etc since the updates to the keybinds and IR ilum features.

On 2/1/2022 at 9:29 PM, GordonWeedman said:

[...]and just editing it out of the _co texture doesn't work as it's still in the _nohq and _smdi textures, so it shows through the shading[...]

You can edit those too you know.

Then use the following in your config, in conjunction with 'hiddenSelectionsTextures' obviously:

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[]={"Path\To\Your\name.rvmat"};

with a new RVMAT that references your edited normal map etc...

3 hours ago, Jackal326 said:

You can edit those too you know.

Then use the following in your config, in conjunction with 'hiddenSelectionsTextures' obviously:

hiddenSelectionsMaterials[]={"Path\To\Your\name.rvmat"};

with a new RVMAT that references your edited normal map etc...

Except that breaks the wound overlay textures, which I don't want.

Hey guys, 
don‘t know if this is a bug or arma engine thingy or if it is just on my end.

plus I don‘t know if this issus has already been mentioned in this thread.

AI mounted howitzers (M119 and D30) won‘t reload when an ammo truck is next to them. When I as a player mount the howitzers it starts reloading.

Anyone else experincing this?

cheers!

On 2/4/2022 at 7:05 PM, schulz said:

Hey guys, 
don‘t know if this is a bug or arma engine thingy or if it is just on my end.

plus I don‘t know if this issus has already been mentioned in this thread.

AI mounted howitzers (M119 and D30) won‘t reload when an ammo truck is next to them. When I as a player mount the howitzers it starts reloading.

Anyone else experincing this?

cheers!

That's a general problem, not sure if by vanilla game or a mod, but ACE will be fixing that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rautamiekka said:

That's a general problem, not sure if by vanilla game or a mod, but ACE will be fixing that.

Thx, I will try it without other mods. 
Not really a fan of ACE 😄

Does anyone have a description.ext file that defines RHS groups for the Spawn AI module?

Anyone have unit, vehicle, and weapon documentation/names? The documentation page on the RHS website doesnt seem to load…?

Hey, I was wondering whether you were planning to add a cargo plane for the Russian armed forces at any point? VDV parachuting from MI-8's works, but afaik it isn't possible to vehicle paradrop BMD's from that.

On 2/18/2022 at 3:14 AM, Avetsky said:

Hey, I was wondering whether you were planning to add a cargo plane for the Russian armed forces at any point? VDV parachuting from MI-8's works, but afaik it isn't possible to vehicle paradrop BMD's from that.

No work on that at this time. 

On 2/18/2022 at 12:14 PM, Avetsky said:

There are some cargo planes available in Steam workshop already. For example, hcpookie's Soviet AF and civilian airliners packs.

• Like 1

Is there a way to connect the floatin pontoon parts from RHS?

4 hours ago, Kalle-qftsgds said:

Is there a way to connect the floatin pontoon parts from RHS?

They will automatically snap in Eden editor. If you are asking about dynamic in-game system then the answer is no, although it might change in future

• Like 2