4 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

What vehicle position does the loader go into for the Abrams?

Do you mean what is benefit of loader in Abrams? If yes, then loader position reduces main gun reload time

If reading that literally, I think he means for scripting command etc, like xxx moveingunner yyy, xxx assignasgunner yyy

28 minutes ago, BvB1 said:

If reading that literally, I think he means for scripting command etc, like xxx moveingunner yyy, xxx assignasgunner yyy

Yep, looking for scripting command - moveingunner, etc. 

Hi,

I am quite a noob when it comes to this.. I had a question regarding the BTR-70 and it's camo selection. In the virtual arsenal a few more camo's can be selected than there are available once you go in game and spawn a BTR-70 in Zeus (or Eden) How do I force the Omon texture that's visible in Virtual Arsenal to show on a BTR-70 in Eden/Zeus?

Thanks a lot, huge fan of RHS

Sam

On 3/10/2022 at 1:54 PM, Shermanator said:

Hi,

I am quite a noob when it comes to this.. I had a question regarding the BTR-70 and it's camo selection. In the virtual arsenal a few more camo's can be selected than there are available once you go in game and spawn a BTR-70 in Zeus (or Eden) How do I force the Omon texture that's visible in Virtual Arsenal to show on a BTR-70 in Eden/Zeus?

Sam

I believe you can do so by right clicking on the BTR-70 in Eden and selecting "Attributes", it should be under the "Vehicle/Object Specific - BTR-70" section of the attributes panel

Lots of RHS vehicles have that Option, like BTR-60PB and BTR-80 but not the BTR-70 - however I found a work around, appreciate the help

Edited by Shermanator
found fix

Hi guys.

Could someone help me to figure out how to select the Top Down Attack mode in the Javelin with no ACE3?

I cannot figure out the keybinding. I have tried all combinations that I could think about but none work.

Any help is most welecomed!!

Thanks!!

On 3/13/2022 at 3:06 AM, furia said:

Hi guys.

Could someone help me to figure out how to select the Top Down Attack mode in the Javelin with no ACE3?

I cannot figure out the keybinding. I have tried all combinations that I could think about but none work.

Any help is most welecomed!!

Thanks!!

There is bug in current 2.08 version of Arma 3 which breaks fire modes on all launchers. There might be some Arma hotfix for that soon though.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:54 PM, Shermanator said:

Hi,

Sam

You can use "Export" button in full virtual garage - this way you will have access to all textures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is there a reason the DD rails on the Mk18 are longer? (From examples I've seen, they end marked at rail no. 37 whereas in game they end at no.40)

I know this has probably been asked a lot but is there a way to fix the AI’s weapon handling animation when they are given a weapon with a vertical grip via a script? They often times do not switch their grip but instead clip through the vert grip. 

Is there an easy fix for that?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

I know this has probably been asked a lot but is there a way to fix the AI’s weapon handling animation when they are given a weapon with a vertical grip via a script? They often times do not switch their grip but instead clip through the vert grip. 

Is there an easy fix for that?

If you're doing via script just change the class name of the weapon to the version of it with the vertical grip animation. You can easily get it by equipping the weapon you want them to have with a virtical grip yourself, open virtual arsenal, export the loadout, and in that will be the class name. 

39 minutes ago, SterlingC said:

If you're doing via script just change the class name of the weapon to the version of it with the vertical grip animation. You can easily get it by equipping the weapon you want them to have with a virtical grip yourself, open virtual arsenal, export the loadout, and in that will be the class name. 

Is there a difference then between adding a weapon with a “baked in” vert grip as opposed to adding a grip via addprimaryweaponitem?

even if that fixes the issue, I would still like a fix because sometimes I give AI “customized” guns. 

Hello, not sure if it's just me but the T80 model is shorter than the T72? I thought IRL the T80 was longer than the T72 front to rear for the chassis?

16 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Is there a difference then between adding a weapon with a “baked in” vert grip as opposed to adding a grip via addprimaryweaponitem?

Accessory scripts only run for players. Otherwise they might be checking hundreds of AI throughout the mission and cause unnecessary overhead.

Grips for AI units are done by assigning the corresponding weapon class for that handanim, as SterlingC says (the normal weapon classname with a _grip/_grip2/grip3 suffix). The grip attachment is not "baked in" to the weapon but the handanim is, so far as AI is concerned.

Is it just for me or a known bug ? Is seems Javelin top attack mode is broken...

No matter what mode I use - top dawn or standart. Javelin fly just normal mode and  hit center of target, not the top.

Tested with CBA and RHS mods. 

5 hours ago, sammael said:

Is it just for me or a known bug ? Is seems Javelin top attack mode is broken...

No matter what mode I use - top dawn or standart. Javelin fly just normal mode and  hit center of target, not the top.

Tested with CBA and RHS mods. 

i believe it was the last arma 3 update that is the issue.   

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 6:32 AM, reyhard said:

There is bug in current 2.08 version of Arma 3 which breaks fire modes on all launchers. There might be some Arma hotfix for that soon though.

You can use "Export" button in full virtual garage - this way you will have access to all textures.

Interestingly enough, I realized that the BTR-70 from the VDV faction has access to all camo variants but none of the other BTR-70s in other factions has access to them, perhaps an oversight?

Another noob question from me: can the RuAF aviation insignias on the Mi-8/-24 be changed for some other variants? Or are they a parts of the hull textures?

Which ones? The red stars on the fuselage or the ВВС РОССИИ titles on the tail boom?

Red stars are part of the vehicle texture. Titles use the tail_decals named selection (6th index in the hiddenSelections[] array) - AFAIK we haven't included any alternative insignia (e.g. МА ВМФ РОССИИ, ВКС РОССИИ etc.) for that so far

9 minutes ago, da12thMonkey said:

Which ones? The red stars on the fuselage or the ВВС РОССИИ titles on the tail boom?

Red stars are part of the vehicle texture. Titles use the tail_decals named selection (6th index in the hiddenSelections[] array) - AFAIK we haven't included any alternative insignia (e.g. МА ВМФ РОССИИ, ВКС РОССИИ etc.) for that so far

Red stars.

Since they are the parts of the hull texture do you have any plans to add a separate selections for them? So we could make some soviet and 90's - early 2000's variants.

No plans to do that.

Authentic historical Mi-8/Mi-24 liveries would warrant retexturing the aircraft entirely anyway. The Mi-8/Mi-24 livery colours are modern ones (or semi-fictional ones to match another aircraft in the mod or past BI games).

AFAIK the all-green Mi-24 is the only authentic pre-2010s camo and IIRC already has the older red star. The Mi-8 MVD orange/green camo is probably the only livery where the aircraft has appeared with both kinds of star IRL.