On 6/1/2020 at 6:00 PM, haleks said:

@Jamie_STi: That is an odd one... Even though the mod is loaded, you seem to be missing the ravage.pbo file...

Can you right-click on Ravage in the Arma3 launcher, and select "repair"? If your install is corrupted it should fix the issue.

This has resolved the issue, thank you. My excitement for the mod was well placed... I'm really enjoying it!

The support has been fantastic... fast and friendly responses. 

• Like 5

Haha, I uploaded my first gaming video which I just recorded with that Radeon driver functionality thingie. Was surprised how it almost didn't harm my FPS much. Totally uninteresting, I'm not a pro gamer... but Livonia is lovely. Just for fun, will not be a Youtuber.

• Like 6

On 5/31/2020 at 1:20 AM, johnnyboy said:

Love the forlorn empty chair looking out the destroyed window.

...and that water puddle under the fridge. Talk about attention to detail!

• Like 2

@everyone Starting a "Let's Play VA 3.0" streaming series tonight

(hosted MP or VA 3.0 closed alpha server)

VA 3.0 - Ravage - Chernarus Redux - Survival Time!

@ 9.30 PM CET: https://youtu.be/US05fu2n5mg

• Like 5

Hey peeps.  Im hosting a Ravage multiplayer scenario tonite and Im wondering if anyone has suggestions for good OPFOR units to drop in when Im Zeusing?  Cant seem to find any premade Ravage factions in the editor or in Zeus.  Thanks!

35 minutes ago, Bitchmaker said:

good OPFOR units to drop in when Im Zeusing?

Livonian Partisans from Sparfells Missing Units:rthumb:

In a mission yesterday on  Chernarus Redux was crawling on my belly to escape a UGV Saif when 15 meters in front of me a tree fell and at the bottom of it was a rabbit.Is it possible that hare felled the tree?Anyway,although I was hungry  I didn't shoot him  figuring he'd be too tough to eat.

• Like 1

Forgive me as this isn't directly Ravage related, but i'm fairly certain Ravagers will have some fun on a cracking wee terrain that's just been released....Toresk Terrain.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, EO said:

Forgive me as this isn't directly Ravage related, but i'm fairly certain Ravagers will have some fun on a cracking wee terrain that's just been released....Toresk Terrain.

Ooooh, I was wondering where your latest screenshots came from. ^^

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, EO said:

Nice.  I want EO to be the photographer for anything I release.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Tests on the new Furniture Spawn System getting out of control...

48B2B82C08016E2A44B21B46EF0ED229B73F99F5

Hey guys!

As hinted earlier by EO, purveyor of apocalyptic interior decoration, an update for Livonia is being worked on. Well, it started as an innocent update for Livonia, but quickly turned into an overhaul of the furniture spawn system... ^^'

The above screenshot is a test composition and isn't part of the final presets, but it shows what the new system can do. The current version is pretty straightforward and works fine with most compositions, but problems start when you want to include objects which are upside down or laying against a wall : it usually ends up with the object being slightly offset after vector transformations, and thus being either colliding with walls or too far away from them. As far as I know, this issue affects most furniture scripts using a similar approach, like @tinter's script.

Took me longer than I thought (goddamn vectors tired.png), but I finally cracked it : the new script spawns furniture with a 100% fidelity to the original template in terms or positioning and orientation. \o/

We can go nuts for future additions or tweaks to the old presets.

I have to polish the final script and rebuild the data for all presets, so no ETA for now... But until then, here's an excerpt from the current code for fellow scripters :

Spoiler

params ["_building", "_furnitureType", "_worldPos", "_vectorDirandUpRelative"];
_f = createSimpleObject [_furnitureType, [0,0,0], true];
_f enableSimulation false;
_f setVectorDirAndUp [_building vectorModelToWorld (_vectorDirandUpRelative#0), _building vectorModelToWorld (_vectorDirandUpRelative#1)];
(_worldPos vectorDiff (_building vectorModelToWorld ((_vectorDirandUpRelative#1) vectorMultiply (vectorMagnitude (boundingCenter _f))))) params ["_x","_y",""];
_f setPosATL [_x,_y,_worldPos#2];

Factoring in the offset caused by the object's orientation as well as the model coordinates of its center did the trick and solved positioning issues.

(It was a fun challenge, thanks EO. 😉 )

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, haleks said:

Tests on the new Furniture Spawn System getting out of control...
I have to polish the final script and rebuild the data for all presets, so no ETA for now... But until then, here's an excerpt from the current code for fellow scripters :

Hide contents

params ["_building", "_furnitureType", "_worldPos", "_vectorDirandUpRelative"];
_f = createSimpleObject [_furnitureType, [0,0,0], true];
_f enableSimulation false;
_f setVectorDirAndUp [_building vectorModelToWorld (_vectorDirandUpRelative#0), _building vectorModelToWorld (_vectorDirandUpRelative#1)];
(_worldPos vectorDiff (_building vectorModelToWorld ((_vectorDirandUpRelative#1) vectorMultiply (vectorMagnitude (boundingCenter _f))))) params ["_x","_y",""];
_f setPosATL [_x,_y,_worldPos#2];

That is Awesome news dear @haleks!

I am glad that you were able to finally solve the issue and thank you for sharing your findings with the rest of the community!

Rest assured that many of us including @tinter will give it good use 😉  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, haleks said:

We can go nuts for future additions or tweaks to the old presets.

Ambient Overgrowth?

UjSqz7M.jpg

Clearly visible radius would have to be quite large as to avoid seeing the overgrowth spawning in, but.....it does look nice.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, EO said:

Ambient Overgrowth?

Holy shit yeah, totally! bave.png

Increasing the visibility distance could tank the framerate, but it would work perfectly to give interiors that The Last of Us touch.

• Like 3

This is the real deal; anyone doing gardening knows what happens if you're lazy with the weeding near fences and shacks - looks like this ^^^ after just about 1 year! 😮

Maybe make it an option like the wrecks; this way mission makers could decide if they want it or shy away from the performance hit.  Or make it part of "derelict" mod maybe.

• Like 3

Would a module be able to define the growth? Or perhaps the module could have options to make the growth random, but that may cause frame rate drop.

Before embarking on further virtual botany the question of available vanilla assets, or lack off, would need to be discussed...

I've already created a bunch of compositions similar in theme to what I posted above, however these were created using the vegetation from CUP Core and kju's ShowEnochVegetation mod.

Using these create a dependency in the mission file which leave a couple of choices going forward: 

· Use CUP Core. (still creates a dependency and could restrict the user-base)  :icon_confused:

· Create our own vegetation config for inclusion with Ravage. (everyone benefits)  :scratchchin:

· Insert any other suggestions here... :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tourist said:

This is the real deal; anyone doing gardening knows what happens if you're lazy with the weeding near fences and shacks - looks like this ^^^ after just about 1 year! 😮

Maybe make it an option like the wrecks; this way mission makers could decide if they want it or shy away from the performance hit.  Or make it part of "derelict" mod maybe.

6 hours ago, R0adki11 said:

Would a module be able to define the growth? Or perhaps the module could have options to make the growth random, but that may cause frame rate drop.

Right now I'm thinking - if we go with the opt-in way - the most straightforward solution would be using alternate data sets when overgrowth is enabled. And maybe include a visibility factor if we want vegetation on the exterior side of buildings, but the margin performance-wise is going to be thin, most likely.

In any case, I'm working on optimising the spawn system at the moment; all vector transformations are now factored in when registering the templates - that's a whole lot of calculations clients won't have to process, that should help a tad.

5 hours ago, EO said:

Before embarking on further virtual botany the question of available vanilla assets, or lack off, would need to be discussed...

I've already created a bunch of compositions similar in theme to what I posted above, however these were created using the vegetation from CUP Core and kju's ShowEnochVegetation mod.

Using these create a dependency in the mission file which leave a couple of choices going forward: 

· Use CUP Core. (still creates a dependency and could restrict the user-base)  :icon_confused:

· Create our own vegetation config for inclusion with Ravage. (everyone benefits)  :scratchchin:

· Insert any other suggestions here... :icon_biggrin:

Right now the system works with classnames - so that excludes vegetation in a vanilla environment.

However it should be quick and easy to adapt the system to work with 3d models since "furniture" are simpleObjects. That means we could work with mods like @.kju's : they only need to be loaded when registering compos.

So yeah, mods meant to expose vanilla assets should be totally good to go - I'll be happy to test your work mate! 😉 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, EO said:

Before embarking on further virtual botany

This is really cool EO.  If you support CUP, don't forget to spread around some shrooms here and there.

• Like 1

why not create as simpleObject directly from the (path+)model?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, .kju said:

why not create as simpleObject directly from the (path+)model?

Yes, that's what I was hinting at when saying it'll be easy to tweak the script. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1