Server up!

Funkuchenhaus 3.0

-CBA/Ravage/Enhanced Movement

-AntiLag/40 Slots/Veteran

-COOP/PvP/PvE

• Like 2

Some stuff for our dear @haleks

Bug reports:

1) Zombies still walk doing conga/Indian straight lines. (I heard there was a work around for this being developed a few months ago)

2) The safe zone module does not work (confirmed on hosted servers). (Configured to make zombies retreat rather than delete them)

3) The ai module is missing custom init fields for west, east, ind or renegades. So unlike the zombies module you cannot run custom code on them easily.

I believe that with the new patch 1.98, all the assets that OLD MAN brings such as pick-able money etc it would be a good time to give Haleks feedback on what could be added/fixed for the next update.

PS: I also wanted to suggest adding some "Ravaged" vehicle textures since A3's vehicles look brand new and not apocalyptic at all. Would bring some more immersion to what is already one of the most immersive A3 mods!

PS2: Arma 4 is comming! (But that doesn't mean we should give up on A3 just yet!, it will be years before A4 gets to an ideal state for mods anyway!)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LSValmont said:

@haleks

2) The safe zone module does not work (confirmed on hosted servers). (Configured to make zombies retreat rather than delete them)

3) The ai module is missing custom init fields for west, east, ind or renegades. So unlike the zombies module you cannot run custom code on them easily.

Zombie safe zone only prevents zeds from spawning, if you somehow lure them to your position, safe zone doesn't help you. If you make custom base, and you don't want zombies keep coming you should equip guards in base with suppressed weapons.

I agree with custom init fields for ai module. But I think that GF or VA made script that gives you banknotes when you kill raiders, it can be easily modified to your needs.

Ravage has it's own retextures.

I think, that money system should be reworked, or at least make money stackable.

@haleks nice work with night camps. Once I got NVGs it's my favourite thing to do, since in the the tent you can find very rare items (usually which you placed in rare pool). My rare pool consists low gear collimators, suppressors and one NVG. After about 10h gameplay (about 200 killed raiders) I found maybe 10x NVGs on AI but no other items that I put in rare items line. In night camp tents items were better randomised than on AI.

Edit:

For everyone that make mission with RHS assets, from my experience 0.25 in zombie hearing is sweetspot, they hear unsuppressed gunshots far beyond spawning distance, suppressed assault rifles aprox. 120m, beyond that distance they don't react, at smaller distance they are atracted, but not allerted. For suppresed makarov the distance is shorter aprox 40m.

My suggestion:

You can implement fatigue system, when hours without sleeping affect stamina, weapon sway...

I don't know, if it's arma 3 or ravage thing... when I carry much loot, even if I'm standing still and have stamina regenerated, I have enormous weapon sway, IRL it doesn't effect me (sway) when I'm aiming with 30kg backpack, let's say it's more exahausting but I can aim with nearly the same sway.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Hans(z) said:

Zombie safe zone only prevents zeds from spawning, if you somehow lure them to your position, safe zone doesn't help you. If you make custom base, and you don't want zombies keep coming you should equip guards in base with suppressed weapons.

Thank you for your feedback my friend but that does not happen for my server.

I made a huge safe zone module for west, playable units in the middle, so zombies should be spawning like 200 meters away from the playable units.

No ai units that could lure zombies in.

Playable units do not move or fire a single shot.

Set the zombie module condition to time>120 but everything else default.

120 seconds later zombies spawn 75 meters away from the playableUnits and well inside the safe zone module and then instead of leaving it they go straight for the playable units.

I know that reducing the zombies' detection range and hearing will fix the issue but that is just a work around and doesn't mean that the module should not be fixed.

I don't know if the safe zone module is really a trigger (I believe it is) or an area marker but with area markers it would be easy to add a condition to the zombies movement/waypoint script that if the current waypoint/movement location is inside this marker area then the zombie should be deleted or change its waypoint location. So I suggest using area markers since they are more performance friendly and do an equal job you just need to move the check to the zombies movement script instead of the trigger.

I also believe it would be a good time to optimize ravage's performance a little bit, since just having the zombies and ai modules on default takes around 10 Fps from the server while adding the furniture/gear modules and the ambient modules could consume even more.

PS: The new money item in OLD MAN is stock-able and there are several kinds too...

A fatigue system would be awesome but what would be even more awesome is that Ravage includes a better persistence system to save in multiplayer, perhaps teaming up with

or these amazing guys at https://github.com/gruppe-adler/grad-persistence,

Persistence is what 90% of the mission makers struggle with when making missions and so mission tend to be made aiming for experiences less than an hour long not really letting the players appreciate all of Ravage's systems.

Besides I've talked to the amazing @mcdiod (

) and he had no issue helping @haleks incorporate a full persistence system on the mod.

• Like 3

Hi all, new to the forums and new to the mod. @Haleks or anybody else who might be able to help. Thanks in advance for any response. I'm having a small issue regarding zombie Audible and Visual detection settings on a dedicated server. I have both set to 1 in the Ambient Zombies module. In single player testing the zombies react very well to gun shots and move toward the sound from a considerable distance. However, once the mission is hosted on a dedicated server the Zombies often do no react to gun fire within even a few meters of them and seem to struggle to 'see' players that are more than 50m away. Often they will simply stand there even while bullets fly past them. Any ideas? Cheers.

On 4/19/2020 at 3:49 PM, Hans(z) said:

For everyone that make mission with RHS assets

Yes I noticed this too, I was playing mainly with CUP weapons and silencers and zombies don't hear anything, not even from 10 meters. But with RHS they do, even with silencers not sure how far but it's kinda ruining my gameplay a bit because I love to pick zombies with silencers and sneak. I'm going to try RHS weapon with CUP silencer.

Also, what I'd love to see; I know zombies aren't supposed to feel pain or that kind of thing, but what if you could shoot a runner/bolter in the leg and he becomes walker (bolter remains to crawl), or at least his running speed becomes much slower (like, tearing pieces of leg, bone, ligaments (leave it to your imagination). 😀

• Like 2

My friend TerraAtlus has a Ravage server set up, if anyone's interested in playing some public ravage. Details are as follows:

EDIT: If you plan on joining, make sure to join through the ArmA 3 launcher, so the mods get automatically loaded.

Spoiler

Server IP: 14.1.31.138:2332

Required Mods:

@CBA_A3

@Ravage

@CUP WEAPONS

@RHS USAF

@RHS AFRF

@CUP TERRAINS - CORE

@CHERNARUS REDUX

@VANDEANSON'S APOCALYPSE

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello, @haleks Couple years ago I've played your mission for ravage mod. It was as I remember called "Into the zone" on Prei Khmaoch Luong. For now I can not find nether your original thread with this mission, nether steam workshop page with it. Even google can't help. I also seems like did not saved it on my local hdd. Is it still can be found somewhere? Maybe I'm kinda blind and can not see thread on BIS forums? Or maybe it was deleted? Can you please publish it again? It was so awesome and atmospheric! Still have superb memories and want to play it again with my friend. Please help!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vlad Ignatenko said:

Oh my god, thank you! Tales from nowhere, of course! ))

You may be new here, but clearly a connoisseur of the finer things in life! 👌

• Like 2

finally is possible reuse the Stavrou clothes, (after six years) 

4C1E12EE41DBCC60D66D586967A45460C1860DB0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi people!

Here comes a small update - nothing big in terms of novelties (I'm focused on bringing the finishing touches to my next project), it's mainly fixes for some of the most pressing issues :

Fixed:
Wrong postinit attribute for several zed functions.
Potential fixes for resurrected zeds in MP.
Fix for locality issues when a zed would grab a player's backpack.
The z_audio_coef was affecting the AI improved hearing (AI module).
A few loops would compile code (compiling is now done once before each loop).
Zeds could pinpoint shooters from quite a distance.

New:
Extended support for Global Mobilization.
Gunshots can attract nearby patrols (only affects ravage-spawned units).

I haven't checked the new Old Man content yet, but it sounds like there's useful stuff in there...

Anyway, take care everyone, and enjoy the mod!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Advanced issue found

2 hours ago, haleks said:

I haven't checked the new Old Man content yet, but it sounds like there's useful stuff in there...

Anyway, take care everyone, and enjoy the mod!

I like the sleeping system from the Old Man, how you roll the clock to the desired time. Take a look at that when you get the chance. 

Also, what would happen if I add a weapon from different mod or vanilla to the RHS/CUP list of weapons? Break the mod? I know I can use the custom array, but I developed the habit of editing the pbos, it's more fun (for me).

• Like 2

@RZNUNKWN I like the sleeping system from Old Man....

Yes, the first time i used the sleep system from Old Man that was my immediate thought too, perfect for Ravage.

Both systems are essentially doing the same things, but the UI from Old Man is that little bit cooler. 

• Like 4

@haleks

I saw in the notes that there is further support for Global Mobilization. May I ask what all was added for this?

@Donnie_Plays, I'm fairly certain it adds a selection of gear from the recently added Polish faction plus some assault rifles that were included in the last GM update. 😉

Potential fixes for resurrected zeds in MP.

Tested in MP and still present.

cRlhtNB.jpg

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

Hi!

Is it possible to have that nifty days survived counter in MP with the current no DB save system?

Cheers.

Hi, I will copy/paste here from multiplayer thread from where I tried to get answer.

I have some problems when hosting game for my friend. I made Ravage mission on Altis map. By default setting is that whole map is in darkness. However, my friend sees normal Altis map with lights all on. I cannot find anywhere similar problem and solution for it. 
Some other issues we have is that for example when hunting he does not see rabbit in front of me, or snake or maybe sometimes when I come into truck he sees me floating. Sometimes we bounce off the zombie with truck like we hit rock or worse.
I host game from my computer and we play like that. I have basic Ravage mods on, plus some visuals like RHS and uniforms.

Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys, just found this neat dynamic music mod that lets you add your own music. Works on a stress system, it gets above 50 and the combat music plays. It has 4 moods: Tense (combat) Truce (Daytime ambient) Darkness (Night/Overcast ambient) and Sadness (Not sure, may be something to do with lots of dead bodies). It takes a little busy work and some knowledge of Audacity to get working, but I was able to figure it out. Really the hardest part is converting the files, which I'd recommend you do with audacity as that's all I used. Check it out here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1777807089

Works with Ravage and saving and reloading a mission too, at least from preliminary tests.

5 hours ago, saturn_mne said:

Hi, I will copy/paste here from multiplayer thread from where I tried to get answer.

I have some problems when hosting game for my friend. I made Ravage mission on Altis map. By default setting is that whole map is in darkness. However, my friend sees normal Altis map with lights all on. I cannot find anywhere similar problem and solution for it. 
Some other issues we have is that for example when hunting he does not see rabbit in front of me, or snake or maybe sometimes when I come into truck he sees me floating. Sometimes we bounce off the zombie with truck like we hit rock or worse.
I host game from my computer and we play like that. I have basic Ravage mods on, plus some visuals like RHS and uniforms.

Any help is appreciated.

Hello!

The next update will address those issues when possible (some stuff in Arma, like wildlife, are handled client-side exclusively, and there's no easy fix for that).

42 minutes ago, haleks said:

Hello!

The next update will address those issues when possible (some stuff in Arma, like wildlife, are handled client-side exclusively, and there's no easy fix for that).

Thank you very much. I care mostly for light issues in towns, rest is more or less not so important. I recently discovered this mod and it is awesome.

• Like 1