1 hour ago, saturn_mne said:

Thank you very much. I care mostly for light issues in towns, rest is more or less not so important. I recently discovered this mod and it is awesome.

Hello!

we have been using our own lightsout script instead of the built-in one. Shared it here: (just add a marker "lightsout" on the map, possibly adjust the radius in the script and you are good to go. Currently lighthouses are excluded because they look sick at night.

Said script is being showcased on our very nice server by the by (bump!):

Funkuchenhaus - Ravage
193.135.10.106:2263
mods required: @cba; @ravage
mods supported: @enhanced_movement; @jsrssoundmod
map is malden there is lots to discover, come join us

We got dynamic groups and AFAR radio script serverside. The mission is solid and has been quite heavily modified to extend the vanilla Ravage experience.

Hey, 

Thank you I will try, I am in process trying other script for all lights out.
I just checked, I played on your server today for a while. 

3 hours ago, icarium said:

Hello!

we have been using our own lightsout script instead of the built-in one. Shared it here: (just add a marker "lightsout" on the map, possibly adjust the radius in the script and you are good to go. Currently lighthouses are excluded because they look sick at night.

Said script is being showcased on our very nice server by the by (bump!):

Funkuchenhaus - Ravage
193.135.10.106:2263
mods required: @cba; @ravage
mods supported: @enhanced_movement; @jsrssoundmod
map is malden there is lots to discover, come join us

We got dynamic groups and AFAR radio script serverside. The mission is solid and has been quite heavily modified to extend the vanilla Ravage experience.

I can make marker, but where do I put code in? I am new to all this scripting thingy. Thanks.

15 hours ago, saturn_mne said:

I can make marker, but where do I put code in? I am new to all this scripting thingy. Thanks.

Alright, so in your mission folder you create a file called blackout.sqf, this is where all that code goes into.Then in your mission init.sqf (might need to create that as well) you put:
execVM "blackout.sqf";
At the bottom of the script is a number "8000" this is the radius around the marker which you may need to adjust to fit your terrain. Also, unless you are enjoying the tinkering process a lot, I'd advise you to not go and reinvent the wheel but rather spend your time playing on one of the servers here 😉

1 hour ago, icarium said:

Alright, so in your mission folder you create a file called blackout.sqf, this is where all that code goes into.Then in your mission init.sqf (might need to create that as well) you put:
execVM "blackout.sqf";
At the bottom of the script is a number "8000" this is the radius around the marker which you may need to adjust to fit your terrain. Also, unless you are enjoying the tinkering process a lot, I'd advise you to not go and reinvent the wheel but rather spend your time playing on one of the servers here 😉

I tried all above. Tried in mission init execVM "blackout.sqf"; returned error, type script, expected nothing. I am currently playing with my friend some quest through Altis, but when I get time I`ll come again to play on your server.
I found youtube video from ArmaPhronk and there is script when you destroy power tower lights go out. I made that to work and just give it great radius. Will try this one again later. I thank you a lot for helping me.

OK guys, now you gotta be strong because I have an ultra n00b question. I never cared about chemlights because I mostly played at daytime (ingame).

How do they work?

I find no way to attach and ... start... them. Imo this must be a scripted mechanism and I thought it's part of the Ravage mod. My guess is, if a chemlight is in the inventory, there may be an entry in the action menu? Possibly I deleted the action menu by my scripting then...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tortuosit said:

How do they work? 

Double click chemlight in your inventory. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 2

Don't worry @tortuosit, it took me like a few dozen hours to realise that was how you use them. I was just throwing them everywhere before hand and being like "Oh these are a bit crap."

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, EO said:

Double click chemlight in your inventory. :icon_biggrin:

Ah OK so this is the required action. Well I tried that. Nothing happens. Looks like I need to minimize mods and see what is breaking it...
EDIT: Indeed some mod is breaking it, it's working with Vanilla+Ravage only.
Also, it's a rather bad light source, I won't invest further time in it but put a lamp to my inventory, thx guys.

• Like 1

It's definitely not the best, but it does add some nice mood to the game sometimes. When I was testing my Esseker mission, all I had were red chemlights, and trying to find a place to camp using them at night was frigging creepy.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 4:53 PM, ContheJon said:

Don't worry @tortuosit, it took me like a few dozen hours to realise that was how you use them. I was just throwing them everywhere before hand and being like "Oh these are a bit crap

Ha,ha..took me longer.I didn't discover the trick til last year and I've played Ravage since it landed

• Like 2

I use chem light a lot. I got used to them. That and Mr. Sanchez headlight. For some reason, and thankfully so, no one can see me at night. Raiding towns at night gives awesome feeling. Tried playing with NVG other night for fun, nope, too bright. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saturn_mne said:

For some reason, and thankfully so, no one can see me at night.

That's something that's not documented anywhere, but the Ravage AI spawn module is set up to spawn less patrols during night-time, and more camps (if that feature is enabled). 😉 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, haleks said:

That's something that's not documented anywhere, but the Ravage AI spawn module is set up to spawn less patrols during night-time, and more camps (if that feature is enabled). 😉 

Yes it is, but I can be few meters from already spawned zombie looting with chem light on and they do not see me. Same with humans. They can be oblivious to my presence sometimes at night which is not the case during the day. Sometimes I pass them near road in 4WD (while they sit in 4WD and I walk by) and we dont see each other. I play too much of this game 😄 . I suck at constructing sentences in English.

Edited by saturn_mne
Words, sentences, dunno

Livonian interior design...

B8ce5ks.jpgXux18tK.jpg

SHTADxW.jpg4PyyPnA.jpg

:shhh:

• Like 11

EO is an artist.  A master of "less is more".

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Ooo! Is this new ambient furniture stuff? Looks nice!

Yeah man, trying to add some love to Livonia structures.

• Like 3

Looks cool! For high furniture, like the cabinet in third pic, it might be a good idea to make them appear knocked over. However I'm not sure how hard would that be.

@krzychuzokecia, It's a good idea, especially for the destroyed structures, I'm pretty certain haleks script that grabs the compositions can accommodate some rotation widget manipulation.

EDIT:

FE9Gaak.jpg    

Yes, looks better.  

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Wowee, that looks pretty awesome! I love how they look lived in, like survivors have been making their home there even in the destroyed ones. I know the Chernarus Redux guys have been adding a bunch of Livonia buildings to the map, so it'll be cool as hell to see furniture in them now.

• Like 1