Been working on getting Jboy's dog script up and running along with Vandeansons' script to spawn them around the player. I was disappointed when it looked like it wasn't working, but I carried on anyway. Was searching a house when all of a sudden there's tons of barking. I look down the stairs and see about 8 or so dogs running around in circles barking at me. Nearly crapped myself, had to make a break for it out of town. Some of them were already bloodied up too, which was weird. I wonder if the Blufor AI squad was shooting at them, since they didn't shoot at zombies if the zombies weren't alerted (is that meant to happen because that's actually super cool). It would mean that the AI are attacking dogs too which is good, I had that issue a while back where they wouldn't, so I'm guessing it was a conflicting script somewhere.

EDIT: By the way, as a side note, does anyone know of any dynamic weather scripts featuring snowfall in place of rain? For some reason I vaguely remember reading it somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

Edited by ContheJon

Phantoms 10 - Zombies 1

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Those phantoms look spooky as all hell! I'm digging the supernatural stuff. Two questions though, are they part of Ravage and if not, can mission makers use them?

Ah, I remember them now! That looks cool as all hell. Anything that adds more supernatural stuff into Arma is great, it just adds to the tension that's already there from fighting regular guys with guns.

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

I am using a kill messages script made by one of the guys over at the old exile forums that was edited to work with ryan zombies mod and want to slightly edit it to work with Ravage.

My server is also running Exile and I am trying to get a kill message to show when a zombie kills a player but I cant seem to get it working. 

Does anyone have death messages working with ravage? What classname would I use for the zombie (I've tried 'zombie'🤓)as it is technically a CIV?

Thanks in advance 

B

33 minutes ago, sniperb said:

Hey everyone,

I am using a kill messages script made by one of the guys over at the old exile forums that was edited to work with ryan zombies mod and want to slightly edit it to work with Ravage.

My server is also running Exile and I am trying to get a kill message to show when a zombie kills a player but I cant seem to get it working. 

Does anyone have death messages working with ravage? What classname would I use for the zombie (I've tried 'zombie'🤓)as it is technically a CIV?

Thanks in advance 

B

_killer Iskindof "zombie" is the filter you can use in the eventhandler:) 

18 hours ago, ContheJon said:

Been working on getting Jboy's dog script up and running along with Vandeansons' script to spawn them around the player. I was disappointed when it looked like it wasn't working, but I carried on anyway. Was searching a house when all of a sudden there's tons of barking. I look down the stairs and see about 8 or so dogs running around in circles barking at me. Nearly crapped myself, had to make a break for it out of town. Some of them were already bloodied up too, which was weird. I wonder if the Blufor AI squad was shooting at them, since they didn't shoot at zombies if the zombies weren't alerted (is that meant to happen because that's actually super cool). It would mean that the AI are attacking dogs too which is good, I had that issue a while back where they wouldn't, so I'm guessing it was a conflicting script somewhere.

EDIT: By the way, as a side note, does anyone know of any dynamic weather scripts featuring snowfall in place of rain? For some reason I vaguely remember reading it somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

I think there are issues with the sides (bluefor vs opfor vs indep vs civ) , so in some scenarios the dogs wont attack certain sides. 

VA spawns dogs on the map and (should) put them i to a performance saving dynamic simulation cycle.

I can send you my old  files that would spawn dogs around players, if you want. 

I would have to invest some time to fix the side related issue and ensure that the dogs are cached performance friendly, but its very low on the priority list atm. 

I am using the jbdog version that was adapted to be mp friendly by lsvalmont

Cheers

Vd

• Thanks 1

@Vandeanson Thanks! It worked ok on my Napf winter mission at least as far as the zombies are concerned. I'm not too sure about AI yet though, I'll need to do more checking but the zombies and dogs don't like each other which is cool.

On a side note, I've updated my Esseker mission: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1155398137

It's got bar music, Johnnyboy's dog pack script (although it's more a test to see if they actually do spawn in Esseker or not) and a bunch of other "features"😉 

Hopefully I've credited people correctly and things are kosher. If I've done anything wrong with anything like that, you guys let me know. I'd hate to have not credited someone properly or done something wrong without realising it.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, EO said:

@ContheJon, Phantoms are part of haleks MyST project. 😉

Yo EO, I was wondering if you were possibly willing to send me a copy of an older version of Ravage? I'm asking because I remember you saying that you archive every version of Ravage that comes out. Let me know, man. 

On 1/12/2020 at 8:26 AM, ContheJon said:

as searching a house when all of a sudden there's tons of barking. I look down the stairs and see about 8 or so dogs running around in circles barking at me. Nearly crapped myself, had to make a break for it out of town. Some of them were already bloodied up too, which was weird. I wonder if the Blufor AI squad was shooting at them, since they didn't shoot at zombies if the zombies weren't alerted (is that meant to happen because that's actually super cool). It would mean that the AI are attacking dogs too which is good, I had that issue a while back where they wouldn't, so I'm guessing it was a conflicting script somewhere.

Haha, glad my dogs are still doing their job and soiling people's shorts around the world!   FYI: Regarding blood on dogs, there are two types.  Blood on the face is good (it means they bit somebody). The dog is not injured in this case.  Blood on the side (and what looks like a bullet hole), means the dog is damaged.   Jboy dogs take 2 or 3 shots to kill (unlike all vanilla animals that die with one shot.

• Like 5

@johnnyboy Ah, I see! I did see the zombies killing the dogs at least, so they hate one another. Plenty of them had blood around their mouths too. Seems like everything's working so far. In the interest of transparency (and because I'm still a noob when it comes to scripting) I'm using an older version of the script, the one I tested way back when. I was just worried about how your up-to-date script and Vandeansons' spawn script would clash, since I don't really know much about how that could work. Usually in my case, everything goes well until I decide to mess with it and screw it all up lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ArteyFlow said:

Yo EO, I was wondering if you were possibly willing to send me a copy of an older version of Ravage? I'm asking because I remember you saying that you archive every version of Ravage that comes out. Let me know, man. 

What version are you looking for bud? 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EO said:

What version are you looking for bud? 🙂

Whichever version was the up-to-date version around October 2018 😉

24 minutes ago, ArteyFlow said:

Whichever version was the up-to-date version around October 2018 😉

I think v161 is the build your after, that was the stable version around October 2018, v162 was released late November 2018.

Sent you a PM. ☺️ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been doing some voice acting (AKA the worst American accent you'll ever hear) for a couple of radio stations in my upcoming Napf Winter mission. Looking forward to seeing what people think of the radio station aspect!

EDIT: Hey, does anyone know how to get the ambient chatter to work on hand placed units? I've been trying to get the code from the wiki to work but I can't figure it out.

Edited by ContheJon

On 1/12/2020 at 4:26 PM, ContheJon said:

By any chance is this request for Napf Winter?...If so, I have a patch for Napf Winter that converts rain for snow it's currently private but I'd be happy to publish it if it's useful. ☺️

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ContheJon said:

EDIT: Hey, does anyone know how to get the ambient chatter to work on hand placed units? I've been trying to get the code from the wiki to work but I can't figure it out.

All the function needs is a group :

_group spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat

So if you use the group's init field :

this spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat

Or if you prefer the group leader's init field :

(group this) spawn rvg_fnc_ambientChat

😉 

• Like 6

@haleks Ah, so I need to do it on a group's init. I'll be honest, I didn't even know groups had an init! Thanks Haleks, I'll give that a try.

1 hour ago, EO said:

By any chance is this request for Napf Winter?...If so, I have a patch for Napf Winter that converts rain for snow it's currently private but I'd be happy to publish it if it's useful. ☺️

Yep, it's a Napf Winter mission I'm working on. That would be wonderful EO, yes please!

Edited by ContheJon
  • Like 2

Hey guys, I just wondering about health items and all that. Is it possible to script in health items (the bandages for example) to act as a sort of IFAK? Say IFAKs restore 75% of health, then would it be possible to script bandages to restore up to 50% or something? And having those huge red medical kits restore 100% as if you've been treated by a medic? If so, I wouldn't mind taking a bash at it at some point myself

@ContheJon I suggest using @Vandeanson’s medical system as he has incorporated bandages into his system, and once you use a bandage with his mod it actually equips the player character with a bandage. (Badass) 

Cheers mate! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, Vandeanson said:

_killer Iskindof "zombie" is the filter you can use in the eventhandler:) 

Thank you for the reply, I just tested that but I just cant seem to get it working the way I want it too.

Any chance I could send you a pm with the script I have? Two pair of eyes are better than one & all that. 😋

Will pay for help if needed