8 hours ago, sniperb said:

Thank you for the reply, I just tested that but I just cant seem to get it working the way I want it too.

Any chance I could send you a pm with the script I have? Two pair of eyes are better than one & all that. 😋

Will pay for help if needed

Best join me on discord:

https://discord.gg/SAFysz8

No need to pay 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ContheJon said:

@Vandeanson I was just wondering, is the (random 7) in the dog pack spawn script a randomiser from 1 to 7 of dogs?

I assume you are using an old version, so dont recall  the code well, but i think it is indeed what you say, yes

Ah, awesome, thanks! I'll mess around with it and see how it works. There's a lot of dogs and they tend to absorb ammo (plus they zig-zag, they've played FPS games before!) so I'll reduce the number a bit.

3 minutes ago, ContheJon said:

Ah, awesome, thanks! I'll mess around with it and see how it works. There's a lot of dogs and they tend to absorb ammo (plus they zig-zag, they've played FPS games before!) so I'll reduce the number a bit.

Those must be JBOY Dogs, mine do not zig zag at all... they just run straight for their targets! 😃

• Like 1

Apologies in advance if this has been asked and addressed before, but is there any way to add vests, helmets, facewear, etc. to zombies? I tried to add equipment via the "Init EH" section in the Ambient Zombies module but I found that any added uniforms were overwritten once the zombies actually spawned. A zombie that should have been equipped with a certain military uniform, for example, would instead be walking around with a random uniform instead. All other equipment seemed to show up just fine, however. I'd appreciate any advice you folks can give!

2 hours ago, Piloh Jolie-Schitt said:

iI'd appreciate any advice you folks can give!

If it's for something small scale you can add additional equipment by editing single zombie units straight from the editor, dress them up as you would like then add the following code to the zombies init...

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false]

34 minutes ago, EO said:

If it's for something small scale you can add additional equipment by editing single zombie units straight from the editor, dress them up as you would like then add the following code to the zombies init...

this setVariable ["BIS_enableRandomization", false]

Thanks for the help!

I think I've diagnosed the issue with ambient zombies spawned through the module - the function for outfitting zeds uses the forceAddUniform command instead of addUniform. I'm far from an expert but it looks like that's what causes modification of zeds' outfits through the Module's "EH Init" section to fail.

Does anyone know how to unpack a binarized mission file for Arma? I would like to update my Day of the Dead escape mission that I made in 2016. I lost the source files. I can still download my mission through my workshop page, but I can't edit it. I would like to update it with all the new cool Ravage stuff.

• Like 1

I believe I have finally done it. I just released the V1.5E patch on "The Burning Rain" and I think it's the last update. As I told some others I may just update it to keep it alive, but I don't see myself adding any more things, seeing as the file has reached a whopping 256Mb on the Steam workshop. It's crazy to believe that it's been in development for almost 3 years, removed from the workshop twice, and rebuilt and remolded multiple times from the ground up. I just feel like it's finally there, in my eyes it shows what can be done with Ravage, and others work all in one big file, and that's really what I was looking for.

This isn't walking away from editing by any means, but it is a step back from my biggest project released on the workshop.

What can I say? I think there comes a time where a project reaches it's maturity point and there's really just no more to do with it.

I want to thank all those who have walked with me through this amazing journey, and I want to thank all those who also have become some of my closest friends. 

Thank you for the support, the knowledge, and the amazing growth within such an amazing, loving community.

I assume Ravage will still continue to pick at my brain and give me crazy ideas, who knows? Maybe I'll pick it up again sometime in the future. But until then, it has been one hell of a ride.

Cheers brothers,

~~ MRZ / TenuredCLOUD 

🍻

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

To all of the Ravage community contributors, creators and players. A big thank you for your scripts and really appreciate the work you put in!

Re undersea environment

I have created an open world scenario (Ravage based) and basically have discovered that an item, in this case Gold Bars (set to randomly be placed within a given range) can infact be picked up from  the sea bed. You cant open your inventory but you can pick up items....The Gold bars glitter beautifully against the sea bed even when murky....but you do have to really search for them...I have added ship wrecks and even sharks to the scene so I am sure you can picture the scene. A ship wreck with Gold (And/or other items) randomly scattered across the sea bed (within a specified range) with sharks that may or may not attack...Cool huh!?

Here is my problem... 1/ The bars of gold are fixed in height, so if the sea bed changes in altitude they can spawn beneath the sea bed or even floating above it. Not ideal. So I am looking for a script or a code to tell the item to spawn always on the sea bed? This could either be completely script or maybe something for the init field of the item...

2/ A long shot here.....but a way of randomly spawning this with a rough area marker would be awesome....so basically you have to go to this area and SEARCH firstly for the wreck and then for gold/items themselves.

I am so pleased to finally have found a use for the undersea environment which I think is awesome! So it would be great if we could get this to work! Please help if you can! Come on community this would be an AWESOME addition to the Ravage world......diving for supplies, resources, gold, guns and ammo etc from supply ships/Planes in shark infested waters....Come on community lets get it done!

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, chernaruski said:

@Husker-71 , try directly attaching the gold bars to a shipwreck model. So when you place the props , which is using default sea bed height , gold bars will be using relative coordinates to your props shipwreck. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/attachTo

Another alternative is to attach the gold bars to a physics object like a screw driver or can opener.  These objects will sink to the sea bed, so your attached gold bars will also sink.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, chernaruski said:

@Husker-71 , try directly attaching the gold bars to a shipwreck model. So when you place the props , which is using default sea bed height , gold bars will be using relative coordinates to your props shipwreck. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/attachTo

Thanks for that, I will give that  a try. Do you think this will still work if the sea bed is not perfectly flat?

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Another alternative is to attach the gold bars to a physics object like a screw driver or can opener.  These objects will sink to the sea bed, so your attached gold bars will also sink.

Yea, I tried something similar in that \I tried spawning the gold bars above the sea bed hoping they would sink but as you probably guessed the remained at a fixed height floating above the sea bed...but your suggestion is interesting and maybe the answer. if it is attached to a physics object it will react with physics and so sink......(is their a script that can go in the init of the gold bar to give it |Physics...? Long shot)....aside from that...how would I actually go about attaching the gold bar to the physics object. I am intrigued.

Goes without saying I am going to share this when it is sorted. It is awesome and will def enhance any survival games. Thanks for all in put much appreciated!

42 minutes ago, Husker-71 said:

is their a script that can go in the init of the gold bar to give it |Physics...?

This should be real simple.  Try putting the code below in gold object init (untested...I'm working right now and can't test it).

_physicsObject = "Land_Screwdriver_V1_F" createVehicle position this;
this attachTo [_physicsObject];

You may want to use can opener object instead, as its skinnier and silver so less likely to show.  Or maybe you can find an even smaller physics object (like the battery object might fit inside a gold bar so you would never see it).  If you still can see the physics object after it sinks, you could add code to wait until _physicsObject has completed sinking (or wait 60 seconds), then delete or hide the physics object.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:01 PM, johnnyboy said:

This should be real simple.  Try putting the code below in gold object init (untested...I'm working right now and can't test it).

_physicsObject = "Land_Screwdriver_V1_F" createVehicle position this;
this attachTo [_physicsObject];

You may want to use can opener object instead, as its skinnier and silver so less likely to show.  Or maybe you can find an even smaller physics object (like the battery object might fit inside a gold bar so you would never see it).  If you still can see the physics object after it sinks, you could add code to wait until _physicsObject has completed sinking (or wait 60 seconds), then delete or hide the physics object.

Thanks of that suggestion, sorry for the delay replying...Work went nuts!....So I finally got  a chance to try it...and here's the trip....I tried attaching a screwdriver to the goldbar, no effect, gold bar floats where it was placed, checked screw driver has Physics and sinks...it does.....therefore, attached a gold bar to screwdriver ...works like a charm...result is beautiful gold bars sprinkled all over the sea bed.....only problem is the screw drivers continue to float/levitate where they were placed...so you mentioned a code to wait till finished sinking or even 60 secs and delete...I found a code to delete the item after 60 secs. Going to attach mission example, have tried to make as vanilla as possible,m basic premise that you have RHS , Cup and obliviously Ravage...but still not quite vanilla so I will lay it out here.

So this is how it is done. 

1/ Put down a screwdriver. Land_Screwdriver_V1_F is a vanilla item for your Physics (thanks johnnyboy!)

2/ In the Variable name (Top) name it box1. (I don't think this is really necessary but do it anyway)

3/ In the init field put   

_physicsObject = "Item_Obj_GoldBar" createVehicle position this; this attachTo [_physicsObject];nul = this spawn { sleep 60; deleteVehicle _this; };

The Gold bar is from  WarfareThai, (an old version I keep for the shotguns) but you could use any mod or item u like (just make sure you can see it!). I hope it is still in the current version of Warfare Thai (Thanks for the Mods!)

4/ If you wish to create a nice dispersal field that you have to search the sea bed for gold put in the Placement radius a figure of 20 or above.

5/ Raise the screw driver so it is well above any of the surrounding seabed  (VERY IMPORTANT!)

6/ Copy and paste the screwdriver to your desired amount/ Density of the gold field. 

Now when this spawns, the screwdriver will "spit" out the attached object and give it physics...so the gold bar, rifle or whatever sinks coming to a rest *************Sitting perfectly on the sea bed!!!*************

Items can be picked up underwater, so get real close and put item in middle of screen until hand appears. You cannot open inventory, just pick up items, so fill up and return to shore.

To make things interesting I use Apex shark Mod to have randomly aggressive sharks circling the plane or ship wreck I put down at the centre of the field.

To make this all worth while I have a trader on shore who will compensate me for my time by buying whatever loot items you assigned. For this I use Heroes Survive (Again thanks for the Mods and your help!) as very easy to configure Buy/Sell lists 

For me, this is an awesome expansion as undersea operations massively enhances a survival game....Every single map just got much much bigger! The addition of danger undersea (Apex shark Mod) is awesome and has made this possible.

Future Plans

1/ With the communities help turn this into an easy to use Mod/Script that players can input a custom loot item, also to add randomisation as to the spawn locations. locations to include Wrecks, loot field, sharks and if possible.......underwater Zombies.....You know, the poor souls aboard the plane or wreck when it went down...

2/ Somehow get the sharks to have a random chance of spawning near you even when you are swimming no where near a wreck....so the danger is ever present. This should be straight forward right....(famous last words)...

3/ Initially I planned to use Submarines and SDV's as the targets for dive sites (they can be entered underwater and inventory accessed), so re incorporate them into spawns (If GF vehicle loot filler could be adapted to include subs....with GF blessings of course)

I encourage others to create underwater dangers and to input ideas/scripts.

I have as vanilla as possible mission for your editor, so people can play with this. Unsure how to attach it to this post. Will figure it out and attach it....I just uploaded the file to steam (with no info) and steam workshop has chosen this second to berserk. I will check back later.

Steam link for mission files

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?edit=true&id=1983774979

• Like 3

Hey guys!

Not sure if it's okay for me to put this here... but I recently released my latest project using Ravage as a base. Enjoy 🙂

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1980557441

I also have a question however. If I want to edit some of the functions in the mod, such as the VehInit (I want to stop vehicles from having the Addactions and rusted textures), how would I go about doing so without actually opening up the mod and changing it?

• Like 3

I really miss Arma and especially this mod. Haven‘t played A3 since october when everything stopped working like it should. A3 seemed to have problems with my profile data, a „load order“ and so on. Even things that had been working before stopped working properly

Does Ravage work (random loot/furniture) on Livonia now?

Hey guys,

So I'm putting down the Safe Zone module to prevent bandits from entering the SZ. They're supposed to get deleted but they just walk right in. I have the radius set to 500 yet they literally walk up to where the module was placed! Any ideas?

On 1/31/2020 at 5:36 AM, whiteface73 said:

Does Ravage work (random loot/furniture) on Livonia now?

semi-supported, you won't get spawned furniture compositions but you can still loot various outdoor objects.(wrecks, trash bins, rubbish piles etc.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would like to place a zombie in a building and have it not be active until triggered.  (or spawn it when triggered).

I have tried everything I can think of for making it inactive (disabling simulation, movement, hold waypoint, garrisoning, etc) but apparently everything I do is overridden at mission start and the zombie immediately wanders out of the building.

I'm guessing I could simply spawn one with a player present trigger, but not sure how to do that.  What would the on activation code look like?  Also, if I do it that way will it have the proper behavior even though it was spawned after mission init?

Thanks!