10 hours ago, .kju said:

why not create as simpleObject directly from the (path+)model?

What is the benefit of that approach?

He is already creating the objects as simple objects: _f = createSimpleObject [_furnitureType, [0,0,0], true];

17 minutes ago, LSValmont said:

What is the benefit of that approach?

He is already creating the objects as simple objects: _f = createSimpleObject [_furnitureType, [0,0,0], true];

That command has 2 syntax : one that accepts classnames (the one currently used by the mod), and another that takes the path to the 3D model.

The advantage of that second approach is that we can use objects that aren't present in the configs (like vegetation) and thus don't have a classname. 😉 

• Thanks 1

To be more precise/specific: The benefit is not needing extra 3rd party mods to expose/places models from A3 itself/other mods loaded already.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tada!

Tweaked:
Position and orientation precision of the furniture system.
The furniture spawn system is compatible with non-configured objects.

Fixed:
Artificial lights are now correctly disabled on all clients.

New:
Added furniture system support for Livonia structures (thanks to EO!).

Furniture shortage in the Livonian region is over, all thanks to EO. 😉 

Several of the scripts involved in the furniture spawn system have been modified, so previous saves are not compatible. While this new feature isn't really used yet, the system can now handle any 3d object, whether or not they're present in the configs.

As discussed earlier, further tweaks are being worked on, but I wanted to push this small update real quick since the demand for Livonia is high. Let me know how the update feels performance-wise, and have fun fellas!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

Thank you @haleks for solving the problem and thank you @haleks and @LSValmont for notifying me.

I've implemented the change myself and I can see that it helps.

• Like 2

Although it looks like copying code from the forums copies some illegal characters that Arma complains about. That took me a few minutes of being confused.

• Like 1

Came back to Ravage recently, and I've run into an interesting phenomenon, maybe someone else has seen it.

Specifically, I'm using a modified version of Escape (Altis), and my characters spawn in incapacitated. Anyone have any idea what could be causing that? Mind you, this was probably worked on 2-3 years ago, so if something changed that could cause that, I'd be all ears.

If it helps, this is being run on a dedicated server, but when run instanced in EDEN it behaves the exact same way in multiplayer.

Edited by stcyberdemon
lol details

It’s been awhile... 

I just got done pushing another patch towards “The Burning Rain” if y’all wanna check it out and give me some constructive criticism that’d be extremely helpful!

I’m mainly looking for feedback towards my redesigned Temperature system that utilizes a new UI that also works with Ravage ie (food / thirst) 

If you all wanna check it out I’d be much obliged, and especially those with some coding background, pop open the mission file and look into my code, see if I can improve upon anything. Please comment via my steam profile, or message me on here, though I’m not in the forums that often. 😊

The Burning Rain

I also am working towards release via Armaholic so you other scenario authors can freely enjoy my work, without having to dig through files, etc... 

As always hope you all are doing well. :drinking2:

~TenuredCLOUD / RaZor

• Like 4

So after further mucking around, I decided to disable the trigger that functions on activation. My units no longer incapacitate when spawned in immediately, and I suspect I had set the radiation level too high and something may have changed.

It's a bit unfortunate because I liked the idea of hero units, ones with unique loadouts that can't be easily obtained through looting, but with major downsides like no map, compass or anything for the night (flares)...just strictly weapons. A veteran class, if you will. The downside was supposed to be that the units have a trigger that activates upon spawn. This trigger was to damage them to half health, drain their hunger and hydration down to half, and radiate them to half the death value. Originally, the trigger was set on their spawn, so the moment they moved they would trigger it.

It looked a bit like this...

--------------------------------

Condition --> this && (player in thisList)

On Activation --> player setDamage 0.5; player setVariable ["hunger", 50]; player setVariable ["thirst", 50]; player setVariable ["radiation", 2500]

--------------------------------

Now I'm wondering if anyone familiar with Ravage could tell me what's wrong here, as now that I've reduced the radiation to simply 10 for testing purposes, I can see that the hunger, thirst, and damage isn't being applied, where it was before around 2-3 years ago.

I don't know if this is specific to my scenario, but in a multiplayer testing session, I had a player die @ 31.8C and enter what I'd imagine was a hypothermia death loop. Has anyone experienced this?

Salut @haleks et merci pour ce mod.

J'ai lu récemment le roman de Barjavel, je trouve dommage d'avoir des zombies dans ce mod, même si je comprends que c'était l'expérience que vous cherchiez à donner.

J'ai lu quelque part qu'on pouvait retirer les zombies (oui j'insiste, désolé ^^), est-ce que vous pourriez expliquer comment svp ?

D'avance merci pour vos réponses. 🙂

Bien à vous et bonne continuation.

-----------------

Hello @haleks and thanks for this mod.

I recently read Barjavel's novel, find it a shame to have zombies in this mod, although I understand that was the experience you were looking to give. 

I read somewhere that we can remove the zombies (yes I insist, sorry ^^), could you explain how please?

Thank you in advance for your answers. 🙂

Best regards and good luck.

@Romanops

Ravage is totally modular, if you don't want zombies in your scenario just leave out the Ambient Zombies module.

If, however, your referring to the Altis Demo mission that ships with Ravage that would require editing the mission file itself in order to remove the Ambient Zombie module.

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

I have setup a dedicated windows server with Ravage and have an issue with the inidbi2, all seems fine when i first created the server all vehicles and objects are working fine but after a few days the vehicles dont seem to be writing to the DB ???.

Is there a limit set somewhere that limits the number a player can have ?.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers

Dubs 

Hey I'm relatively new to scripting, and I was wondering if there's a way to set horde modules to be activated by triggers I've placed, rather than using the parameters within the module itself. I did a google search and found some tips, but I keep getting errors. 
I want a few hordes to spawn at multiple locations on a street after a certain task is completed, so by the time the player exits the building zombies will be swarming the area.

@Laserdrome I think haleks has acknowledged in the past spawning hordes via triggers is a little tricky, you could try this workaround the great man himself posted a few years ago to a similar query, I'm not 100% sure it still works given the time that's past but you never know...

• Like 3

On 8/24/2020 at 3:17 AM, Laserdrome said:

Hey I'm relatively new to scripting, and I was wondering if there's a way to set horde modules to be activated by triggers I've placed, rather than using the parameters within the module itself.

The configuration of Ravage modules is fairly old and does have a lot of limits... I'm (slowly) planning a Ravage 2.0 release, with a complete revision of the modules based on the work I've been doing for MyST.

Basically, all "spawner" type modules will change : each one can be used multiple times, with its own settings and conditions, and can be sync'd to triggers : it will be much easier to set up contextual spawns and integrate them with the scenario flow.

MyST will serve as a test bed/demo for this new approach, so it's gonna be some time before Ravage 2.0 is released, but until then the post pointed out by EO is a good place to start. 😉 

• Like 10

I am binge watching through Fear of the Walking Dead and Walking Dead, and in one of the episodes (Fear S3-Episode 14/15), they were eating or drinking the BRAIN STEMS of the Zombz zombz as a drug... 

It supposedly gave the survivor adrenaline and endorphins.

In real life, adrenal glands are on the kidneys. 

More details: 

Would be cool to create an  (optional) drug economy based on this.

Kill zombs, crack skulls, harvest the brain stem and keep it as healing speed up drug or sell it for survival.

Maybe it would be good incentive to have bandits stealing essentials, water, food, ammo and brain stems (drugs) if the players had any on them or if the player may need to attack bandits to get supplies from these guys hording it.

Hi,

does anyone know why I'm not able to sell certain things to trader? I can sell weapons and ammo-like things, but cannot sell e.g. vests, uniforms, and weapons accesories. I think that it can be caused by cfg parents class. rifles are cfg_weapons and IRL are weapons, but vest are cfg_weapons but IRL they aren't weapons.

Spoiler

rvg_gear_custom = ["Gear",  

[  
      ["rhsusf_acc_omega9k", 50,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["muzzle_snds_acp", 50,"CfgWeapons", 1],   
      ["rhsusf_acc_rotex_mp7", 60,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["optic_Holosight_smg_blk_F", 45,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["rhsusf_acc_wmx_bk", 30,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["rhsusf_acc_nt4_black", 50,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["optic_Holosight_blk_F", 45,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["rhsusf_acc_ACOG_USMC", 60, "CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["rhs_acc_dtk4short", 50,"CfgWeapons", 1],  
      ["rhs_acc_pkas", 45,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhs_acc_pso1m2", 55,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhs_acc_2dpZenit", 35,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhs_acc_pbs1", 50,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["bnae_truglo_blk_virtual", 55,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhsgref_acc_l1a1_l2a2", 65,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["optic_SOS", 65,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["bnae_scope_v3_virtual", 70,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["bnae_scope_blk_virtual", 75,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhsusf_acc_M8541", 75,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhs_1PN138", 115,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhs_pdu4", 175,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["rhsusf_bino_lerca_1200_black", 150,"CfgWeapons", 1],
      ["Binocular", 45,"CfgWeapons", 1],

["rhsusf_ANPVS_15", 130,"CfgWeapons", 1]
  ]

From code for custom trader above I can buy everything, but I can sell only binocular-type things.

Only idea... make money virtual like healt, thirst hunger and radiation. Only cons: Ravage wouldn't be that realistic. Pros are: more room in backpack for other valuables and no more clicking when I want to change backpack. Actual item rvg_money can have its own nominal value for traders, e.g. 1x banknotes=10bucks to virtual account when is sold to the trader.

Cannibals faction... Humans that hunts other humans (players or AI) and eats them from Walking Dead Season 4. 

Should have a full blown town of these with the "other white meat" being "prepped" ...

• Like 1

Wanted to let people know that I have launched this standalone gear and weapons mod, based on the Breaking Point weapons and gear. This mod was specifically made for mission makers and server owners who want to use apocalyptic looking weapons (older models that have aged with cracks and scratches). I know that I have a Ravage mission planned specifically with these weapons. There are nearly 60 weapons total, including pistols, SMG's, Rifles, Snipers and LMG. I have also made most of the weapons compatible with vanilla Arma 3 ammo, with a few unique ammo exceptions. I should note that this mod comes with several prop items like Cereal, Morphine Syringe, Plates etc... these items are not consumable. I left them in the mod for mission makers to place in the world, etc.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2237483096

Spoiler

Pistols:

Beretta M9

Beretta M9 Tactical

Colt M1911

FNP Tac45

Glock 17

Glock 18

Makarov PM

Smith and Wesson Model 500

SMG:

Micro Uzi

Vector

MP5

Skorpion vz61

Rifles:

AK 74

AKM RIS

AKMS

AKS 74U

AR10

AR15

Crossbow

FN FAL

FN FAL DMR-HB

G36 Carbine

G36 DMR

Lupara Double Barrel Shotgun

M16A2

M16A4

M21 Super Match

M25 White Feather

M4 300 Blackout

M4A1

Mini 14

Mk12 Modified

Mk12 SPR

Remington 870 Pump Shotgun

Remington Grendel

Remington Model 300 Blackout

SCAR Heavy

SR-25

Tavor

SVT-40

VZ.58

Winchester 1866

LMG:

M249 SAW

Snipers:

Kar 98

Springfield M1903

SVD Dragunov

M24A2 SpecOps

Enfield MkIII

Enfield MkIV

M1 Garand

M110 SASS

AWM

Barrett M107

CheyTac M200 Intervention

USMC M40A5

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I just discovered that you can remove all users from being able to comment on workshop pages. Is this a new feature or has it always been there and I've been oblivious?

Best day, EVER.

As far as im aware enable/disable comments has always been there, i would prefer comments myself i enjoy the feedback positive or negative

and depends on the content the feedback is on, but i prefer to keep people informed if their not sure and ask, or have an issue with

something you released.  Comments would also allow different insights and ideas for a mission too which ideas i hadn't thought of before

i ended up implementing so to me its invaluable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

or have an issue with something you released

I set up my Discord invite to anyone who wants to join if they want to message me or discuss any issues they have. I could post a new forum topic on BI, but I feel that more people are using Discord these days and it's a great way to quickly message others, etc. Most of the comments I get go into one of two categories. "I really love what you are doing" or "This completely sucks." I do get a good suggestion from time to time, but there are a lot of demands out there. Nothing wrong with people offering ideas, but it feels like people are a bit overly aggressive or dare I say obsessive over expecting more free work. I have found that the more personal that I make something... the closer it is to what I really want it to be, it's more likely that someone will want it to be something else or different. I want to give a specific example as to why this can get out of hand. The day I launched this last mod... some guy threw a fit about the Crossbow reload animation not being good enough. This is something that's not in Arma and is not easy to do. I was using a general reload animation from Arma. I already knew this was something to add and was working on getting it implemented, and I said on day 1 that I would get it in. He persisted to post that same general comment for three days in a row, hurling some nasty insults, etc. He actually posted twice in an hour, saying basically the same thing. This is a form of entitlement that you see in the modding community sometimes. Another frequent complaint that I see on other missions and pages... are people being mad that DLC are needed for a specific mod, as if they are entitled to pay as little as possible for as much free stuff, etc. I suppose it's one thing if someone buys a product and they expect better. It's another in the modding world, where anyone can just sub to a different mod if one does not offer what people need or want, etc.

I've really learned just how complex making a mod can be. How time consuming it is, etc. I also began to realize that this is modding and it's not to be expected to be a perfect product. I feel that if someone loves what I'm doing and wants to discuss it further, they won't have a problem coming to Discord to talk about it. They can always leave the Discord after whatever issue is resolved. I also believe that people are less likely to join a Discord just to be negative.

6 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I could post a new forum topic on BI, but I feel that more people are using Discord these days and it's a great way to quickly message others, etc.

Imo i wouldn't limit yourself to one avenue, i have discord, but rarely go on it these days, i used to be on it everyday but

with some things i could be bothered especially when im working on something and i get chats, or messages, then i get distracted and nothing done or progressed

its a catch 22 it depends.

Dont burn your bridges, the thing you want is feedback dont limit it, theres people out there that know how, know what to do, where to go ect, then you have

people whom are lucky to figure out how to sub to your work which is yes very easy but your not completely sure what does what when your new, and if all you have is discord

to ask a question for that new guy then hes going to either forget the whole thing as he may not have any idea what discord is or how to get setup where to go, ect,. and or try and see what he can figure out. 

A steam workshop comment is very easy to make if your work is there, especially for a noob to the game.

When you give people options it will to a point enable you that ability to respond, you can do this by having a routine of things you check, i been doing this since i released my first mod back

in 2009, BI release thread, utube, steam, armaholic, discord, even skype and anywhere else that you go or have stuff on, if thats to much for you then dont put your work there.

Plus it gets your work more seen by the community imo thats what you want, dont want to build something and only 10 people are subbed or try it, you want the interest of all

those would be fans of the genre, or style or what have you of your content to check it out at least.

16 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

some guy threw a fit about the Crossbow reload animation not being good enough.

Sorry to hear about that, as im sure alot of vet modders in the community can respond to this and say you cant please everyone.

Be honest and explain how things work if a negative commenter will respond to it, you can try, but if they dont change their demeanor and how they feel about your work

then put it like this, if you dont like it do better, leave them with that, let them hang and dont respond, let the kid cry himself away, as after a while they become a troll and just leach

on you to feed them a possible fix.

If you can figure it out how to fix or change something then by all means do it, you may please the baby but then i'm sure you would really

uplift all those folks who love the mod anyways.

22 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I also believe that people are less likely to join a Discord just to be negative.

Yup good point, the want it now entitled babies to get their instant gratification fix wont do the work to follow through unless their

serious enough and or really like whatever their crying about but want it fixed, so they may seek you out.

25 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

Another frequent complaint that I see on other missions and pages... are people being mad that DLC are needed for a specific mod

Ya i can agree but then that depends on the mission or mod too, if its a mission then overall unless its something from a dlc they need to

interact with like drive, fly, shoot, or what have you, then ya it would be required, other then that everyone already has the content, so it depends.

On the other note, as i been learning from my good friend Rydygier less is more, and more or less 😄 the less required mods for a mission the better.

What is required and what alot of people may already have like CUP mods or CBA  can work in its own favor.

30 minutes ago, Donnie_Plays said:

I have found that the more personal that I make something... the closer it is to what I really want it to be, it's more likely that someone will want it to be something else or different.

Imo build it for yourself first, because like recording and editing a video to put on your utube channel, if you cant watch your own videos and enjoy your work

and creation then your incongruent with your ideals and intentions for making the mod to begin with, i agree there is a need to share, help and fulfill and interest

but you got to like what you make, you got to enjoy playing with it, you can always maybe make a variation of it if thats realistic, but be open to ideas at least and see what others have to say

you never know someone might give you an idea for something that you never thought of yourself that you really like, that along just helps you out without you trying to work at it,

so again feedback is invaluable, it gives you that insight and perspective, its a result regardless of how it comes across.

For example i have a compilation mod (cough WarMod 😉) i built couple yrs ago now, and i been messing with it on and off since, ya i can release it,

but theres more work to be done but aside that i enjoy playing with it, but its not meeting what i want in terms how the game plays with it yet,

when i feel the need to release and am excited about it because i love it, then the intention is seen and felt by others.

Also about your BreakingPoint Addons mod on workshop, you have alot of ratings for the little subs it has, that speaks volumes imo, means that

a good percentage of subbers love the mod, i may check it out myself 😉 also playing your Ravage - DayZ on Altis (MP Sandbox) mission atm.

One other thing, press a space bar once in a while when you create a post easier to read. Cheers!