Missing slammer cannon sound probably already noted. and confirm missing ugl shot sound. 

Not only the cannon, also the mg is missing it's sounds. And something weird is going on with the engine sound. It the engine only runs if I move the turret.

What? They just made them A LOT louder a few days ago.

Yes I read that in the dev log, but in my opinion they are still way to subtle.

Great work with sound, but distant explosions is waaaay too quiet in my opinion, their almost inaudible

• Like 2

Great work with sound, but distant explosions is waaaay too quiet in my opinion, their almost inaudible

Tested with mortar and impact explosion barely audible from 300 meters. Explosions are slightly better. Effects volume on 50%, using headset, environment sound are on normal level.

Great progress on audio just need some fine tuning!

• Like 1

Footstep sounds missing on grass/dirt, anyone else confirm?. Footsteps are just present on concrete.

Footstep sounds missing on grass/dirt, anyone else confirm?. Footsteps are just present on concrete.

for me dev branch 27/1/2016 1700 working proper. 

REVO think tank mg sounds there just way too as you said subtle they vanish moving just a short distance away.

Where did all the tails go today? I fired up the Combined Arms showcase as usual to listen to the audio changes, and today's update made it sound very dry. I think the tails are MIA.

Edit: Jumped into the editor and placed a soldier in Agia Marina. Now I'm hearing tails. Not sure what's going on.

You will most likely know it, but since two days ago, everything sounds as if a band-pass filter is applied to it.

I don't know if they're still in dev branch can't remember, have not tested today and won't be. but are the annoying repetitive injury whingy sounds still there?

Here's some feedback on the latest update, based on the CSAT faction showcase.

-The sniper rifle being fired in the demonstration sounds awesome from far away. The low frequency boom and tails sound pretty damn believable. The sound overhaul is starting to shape up really well overall.

-Which brings us to our second point. The difference between the sniper rifle tails and the tails of the automatic HMG firing in the shooting range is rather weird.

Now, I'm not sure if you haven't got around to adding tails to the automatic HMG yet, but I've noticed that sniper rifles and LMG/MMGs are the only ones where tails are clearly audible. The other weapons (MX/Katiba, etc) have much more subtle tails for some reason, which is not good.

-The sniper rifle tails sound great until you get closer to the weapon being fired. Then the tails become much more subtle after the shot for some reason.

I'm not sure if it's because of the actual gun sample being too loud and drawning out other sounds, or just the tail not being loud enough, but I believe it needs to get looked at.

-The same behaviour applies to first person firing. Tails don't sound loud enough in first person, especially when firing in an open, non forested area with something like an MX. Maybe it's also because of guns in first person being too loud? (Especially MGs like the Mk200, I have to lower my speakers' volume when firing that weapon, I'm not kidding).

can anyone hear a popping/crackling noise after firing an MX in a forest/urban area? 

i made a ticket with a couple of videos. http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=27663

That's an echo of the shot itself, well both of the pops are, if I understood correctly what popping you meant.

However, I noticed some time ago a slight pop at the end of IIRC the MX tail, if megagoth could be so kind to explain what it is, I believe it's because the driver abruptly returns to neutral position, very noticeable with headphones.

Just played Dev branch and tested audio.... Man, explosions are so deep! Great work, i would add little high frequence sound, but if they stay they way its now, it will be great as well. I have big ask - tweak a little sound of thunder (make it louder), and increase distance of helicopters engine audiable.

That's an echo of the shot itself, well both of the pops are, if I understood correctly what popping you meant.

However, I noticed some time ago a slight pop at the end of IIRC the MX tail, if megagoth could be so kind to explain what it is, I believe it's because the driver abruptly returns to neutral position, very noticeable with headphones.

Thats the slight pop is what i can hear threw my head phones after the MX tail, on the dev and stable branch.

Thats the slight pop is what i can hear threw my head phones after the MX tail, on the dev and stable branch.

I think we're still talking about different things, see this and enable annotations please:

Currently I think it's not audible on Dev at reasonable volume levels, but it's still there, on Stable it's very audible even at the volume levels I play with.

Well, i almost cant hear this pop, but it may be sound fragmentation/reflection in the distance.

I think we're still talking about different things, see this and enable annotations please:

Currently I think it's not audible on Dev at reasonable volume levels, but it's still there, on Stable it's very audible even at the volume levels I play with.

Yeah I've noticed that before. It's pretty audible in that kind of a scene where you shoot once and listen the sound to the end. Like you said it's bit more quiet than before but still audible.

I also don't understand the MX weird right ear "echo" or whatever it is. I don't know what it's trying to be.

Yeah I've noticed that before. It's pretty audible in that kind of a scene where you shoot once and listen the sound to the end. Like you said it's bit more quiet than before but still audible.

I also don't understand the MX weird right ear "echo" or whatever it is. I don't know what it's trying to be.

Aye, it's so subtle currently that it doesn't bother me in a real gaming situation almost at all, still worth fixing it of course.

I guess the problem with those echo pops is that they are always in the same direction, same volume and same interval, vary those and it would be much more believable methinks, don't know if it's feasible though.

Ah, okay. The POP in the annotation video is DC offset. It's caused by an old wav->wss converter by bohemia. They will change/fix it soon probably. :)

• Like 1

Recently the smoke grenade sounds very muffled. It's like someone popped the grenade, put a pillow over it, and put it inside a closed room and placed the recording equipment outside the room.

I really love the new sounds.

These sounds are making gun fights much more intense and it is now better to locate the enemy.

But what I don't like is the sense of distance.

I played on a dev coop server "[DEV] KADIN-Dedicated Server-Humans vs AI on HC-@KDN" agains AI soldiers and noticed following issues:

Maybe it is just me but after shots were fired in my direction I expected the enemy in a much greater distance (200m<) from my position. Most of the time the enemy was just 25 till 50 meters away. From my point of view the fading distance is much too close and weapons are loosing their loudness to fast.

Another issue with the explosion sounds: It doesn't matter how far a grenade explodes, but you will always hear the debris falling like the explosion was very close. A very close explosion sounds great but a distance explosion sounds bad in combination with the debris sounds. The debris should only be hearable if the explosion is very close to your position.

• Like 3

I agree, the new sounds are fantastic! I also think the distant sounds fade to soon.

I noticed that, if you place an apc or tank in a town, maybe hidden behind some buildings with his engine on, I can only hear him if I'm close to 70 meters to the location where he stands. Shouldn't I hear his engine way before, maybe 200 to 300 meters to the town?

If they already plan to work on those sounds, or they're not a top priority, or todays tankengines are already pretty silent, then I'm sorry and please don't mind me. :P

• Like 1

Autocannons' firing sounds (which are splendid btw) are a bit too quiet compared to their impact sounds, or the impacts are too loud compared to the firing, they overwhelm the cannon itself, thoughts?

I had problems with radio messages - they were very cutted on the mission start. Just like played from damaged tape.

The new sound is just amazing, now the weapons sound like weapons. Hope we can keep it. 

Just need some tweaking about levels, all the rest is perfect.

Thank you for bringing it back.