Yep. We are all intensely waiting for that one devbranch update. It will change some damage mechanics quite drastically.

It could be any day now....

1 minute ago, scavenjer said:

Well, you're one of the few people that seems to think this way, other people are complaining about tanks being rolling bunkers... so....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I do have to point out that while I agree with tanks being quite squishy on stable, the new damage modelling and the warning sensors will most definitely help the MBTs significantly.

It's a shame we likely won't see APS', apart from missile warning, implemented.

Don't know how to think about the missile warning. What's the use if I can't counter it. And there is almost no way to hide from it behind cover when it comes from above.

Fixed: AI crew could drive over their commander after he disembarked from a vehicle (the driver now will switch to the Stop mode if he was in the Formation mode) 

Tweaked: radio spam during vehicle commanding was reduced 

Awesome!

Just now, R3vo said:

Don't know how to think about the missile warning. What's the use if I can't counter it. And there is almost no way to hide from it behind cover when it comes from above.

Awesome!

Smokescreen will block missile guidance (lock-on) and also blocks visual so the enemy can't use SACLOS. 

Though from above it does pretty much nothing.

This is why I wanted proper APS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fixed: AI crew could drive over their commander after he disembarked from a vehicle (the driver now will switch to the Stop mode if he was in the Formation mode) 

Oh wow really glad to see this fixed! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Electricleash said:

Oh wow really glad to see this fixed! :thumbsup:

This is so awesome. No fear of being run by my own tank anymore.

• Haha 1

Re: the warning system, a good firing position will have a preestablished line of retreat to cover. A few seconds of warning would give you a chance to get behind cover, as opposed to getting behind cover after you get hit.

It's definitely tougher to take cover against top attack but it can be done, like if you have a firing position that lets you get behind a building quickly.

• Like 1

Tweaked: Penetration and balancing across multiple vehicles 

Even after today's update the Ifrit and Strider are still extremely fragile and 7.62 mm penetrates them like a knife through butter. Which vehicles does the changelog refer to exactly?

6 hours ago, SuicideKing said:

But why? I don't know if the game needs even more autocannons... :p

Because this is sexy.

5675_1428364035.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

The Nyx still needs to expose itself in form of the hull too much to get a lock. It is especially hard to get a lock when hull is angled on a slope and target is below. Target is often clearly visible and hot nut missile refused to lock unti a ceratin portion of the Hull is visible fpr thr target. Not good for an basically unarmored wepons carrier. The Light Attack Vehicles with ATGM work much better.

1 hour ago, scavenjer said:

This is why I wanted proper APS ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That could actually be very easily scripted if incomingMissile EH would return the actual missile and not just the ammo. Why it was not made this way to begin with is a mystery to me.

1 hour ago, R3vo said:

That could actually be very easily scripted if incomingMissile EH would return the actual missile and not just the ammo. Why it was not made this way to begin with is a mystery to me.

we are using APS in our mission for years now, if you wanna see the script, you can check it our here: 

https://github.com/zerty/Benny-Edition-CTI-0.97-Zerty-Modification/blob/master/Addons/Strat_mode/Functions/TR_proj_handler.sqf

https://github.com/zerty/Benny-Edition-CTI-0.97-Zerty-Modification/blob/master/Addons/Strat_mode/Functions/TR_handler.sqf

Lets say on topic though :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yoshi_E said:

Very nice, I am actually using the old Bakerman script.

35 minutes ago, Yoshi_E said:

Yeah, I know, I like that script on your servers, but I was hoping for a vanilla non scripted APS

Anyway, I don't think we will see anything like that. Panther with the Auto cannon was already confirmed to not happen. With the deadlines closing in, I doubt they would have anytime for doing APS.

I would rather see a well balance Armor / penetration system and proper HEAT mechanics.

Arma 4 maybe? :)

• Like 1

Just now, Yoshi_E said:

Anyway, I don't think we will see anything like that. Panther with the Auto cannon was already confirmed to not happen. With the deadlines closing in, I doubt they would have anytime for doing APS.

I would rather see a well balance Armor / penetration system and proper HEAT mechanics

Yeah, it's a shame though, APS would really make it feel like 2035

• Like 1

I think the AA Nyx's optics should be changed to what the AT Nyx has, and the Gorgon's optics should be copied over for the Autocannon Nyx. Also, all Nyx variants lack muzzle flashes.

1 hour ago, Yoshi_E said:

Yes you use it for years but it rather acts like a star trek shield rather then an APS that can be fooled by multiple launches and very short range attacks from enclosed sites. IN other words your System just frustrates INfabrty players and wil turn out very problematic now that one already needs much more and more sophisticated attacks methods with the weapon and armor function changes in Tanks DLC.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Yes you use it for years but it rather acts like a star trek shield rather then an APS that can be fooled by multiple launches and very short range attacks from enclosed sites. IN other words your System just frustrates INfabrty players and wil turn out very problematic now that one already needs much more and more sophisticated attacks methods with the weapon and armor function changes in Tanks DLC.

Nah, I've played against MBTs with this APS as infantry and never had issues, it's chance based and certain angles so...

1 hour ago, Yoshi_E said:

Panther with the Auto cannon was already confirmed to not happen.

Could one option be to allow @Night515 access to make one for his Aegis mod so that we can all enjoy @lexx making a NATO version of his Callsign Minotaur campaign? Just saying... :tounge2::smileee::whistle:

• Like 1

Haven't seen that in the changlogs (maybe I missed that)

Do we know what the new achievements are?

17 hours ago, scavenjer said:

Nah, I've played against MBTs with this APS as infantry and never had issues, it's chance based and certain angles so...

Add a lot of ping and spice it with sever lag becaue of lots of AI and a Slammer eats 10 Titans for a kill in JMW Warfare. Thats the problem with script solutions. Now add the new armor and missile simulation and the improved agressivnes of the tanks crew to fight back at range, well....

• Like 1

So Slammer UP had its 120mm cannon back. But NOT visually. You can compare Slammer and Slammer UP cannons in Virtual Garage. It's still smaller. :)

30 minutes ago, Callsign said:

Could one option be to allow @Night515 access to make one for his Aegis mod so that we can all enjoy @lexx making a NATO version of his Callsign Minotaur campaign? Just saying... :tounge2::smileee::whistle:

I am in full support of this. ;)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Add a lot of ping and spice it with sever lag becaue of lots of AI and a Slammer eats 10 Titans for a kill in JMW Warfare. Thats the problem with script solutions. Now add the new armor and missile simulation and the imprioved agressivness of the tanks crew to fight back at range, well....

So, they'll most likely adjust it, personally never needed more than 2-3 RPG-42s, though I know the weakspots to one shot most MBTs. (with the current system)

Steering wheel animation for tanks does not work when the mouse is used for steering - it does not move. Using keyboard works fine. Dont have a controller at hand to test, but i assume that works too.