10 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

Are there any plans to add the various munitions that are available for helicopters and planes to the in game field manual with some basic information (guidance type, min/max range, etc.)?

There are :) Sadly won't make it in for Jets DLC release.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, rebel12340 said:

Are there any plans to add the various munitions that are available for helicopters and planes to the in game field manual with some basic information (guidance type, min/max range, etc.)?

2 hours ago, oukej said:

There are :) Sadly won't make it in for Jets DLC release.

Yes! very much this.

Main thing that struck me testing over the weekend was the vast acronym overload that this DLC will be bringing to the table.

Now I've been around here for a fair amount of time and have happily picked up most of the military jargon, a new player, however is going to be completely overwhelmed.

Here's a choice selection:

HUD, MFD, SEAD, CAS, AGM, TGP, ILS, FPV, FCS, RWR, HARM, AMRAAM, SARH

... and this is before we start getting into specific weapons systems , missile, bombs etc.

A dictionary of terms will become more and more a necessity.

• Like 4

Don't forget the lingo. "Can't engage bogey, too close for fox two and winchester guns, bugging out.". :) 

Spoiler

Translation: Can't attack the unidentified target, too close to launch my heatseekers and out of ammo for guns, I'm retreating.

Spectator camera would warp when following fast moving vehicles

@bis_iceman

Can't we finally get rid of that warped camera thingie? 

It doesn't help having the camera zoom out when moving in a fast vehicle (sports hatchback of all vehicles) since humans tend to focus on what's going on in front of them when moving fast.

Zooming out is counterproductive and does not add anything to a combined arms military sandbox. Might have a place in a 90s arcade racing game though.

The camera even zooms out to ridiculous fish-eye lens levels when you're passenger in the blackfish, this has been reported but never been fixed.

Just remove the zooming out when going fast or tie it to acceleration instead of speed, please.

Cheers

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Spectator camera would warp when following fast moving vehicles

@bis_iceman

Can't we finally get rid of that warped camera thingie? 

It doesn't help having the camera zoom out when moving in a fast vehicle (sports hatchback of all vehicles) since humans tend to focus on what's going on in front of them when moving fast.

Zooming out is counterproductive and does not add anything to a combined arms military sandbox. Might have a place in a 90s arcade racing game though.

The camera even zooms out to ridiculous fish-eye lens levels when you're passenger in the blackfish, this has been reported but never been fixed.

Just remove the zooming out when going fast or tie it to acceleration instead of speed, please.

Cheers

I fully agree and I believe it was removed for all aircrafts, wasn't it ?

13 minutes ago, R3vo said:

I fully agree and I believe it was removed for all aircrafts, wasn't it ?

Nope, the blackfish still doing that zoom out, as a passenger.

As seen in this post from almost one year ago.

Standing still:

0OIa6UQ.jpg

Travel speed:

uqdbPbd.jpg

Feel free to read on the further comments in that thread.

I doubt the sentiment about zooming out during higher speeds has changed.

Cheers

Also, I noticed that DLC jets have it. It's subtle, but it's there.

3 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

Has anyone noticed that the version says 1.71.141530?

Shouldn't it be version 1.70?

Dev is always ahead of main - RC for DLC is now out and is version 1.70 so any changes in Dev are now more likely to be in a patch after the Jets DLC release hence the 1.71.

11 minutes ago, Flax said:

Dev is always ahead of main - RC for DLC is now out and is version 1.70 so any changes in Dev are now more likely to be in a patch after the Jets DLC release hence the 1.71.

10 minutes ago, Zygzak191 said:

DEV Build versions are odd numbers stable ones are even. Yesterday testing of Release Candidate for 1.70 has begun.

ah nice to know.

i was just confused by it jumping from 1.69 to 1.71 last week

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but landing the Blackfish has become really difficult with just the keyboard and mouse, due to it forcing the new "throttle" system. Is there any way to:
A. Turn it off?

B. Report it as unwanted behavior :D

Or .. is this just me, I am not the best pilot out there, but landing this beast has become nearly impossible, and I've tried it many times, I've only been able to land it when the throttle was just right and the speed not too low.

• Like 1

Maybe switchable throttle system for VTOLs would solve this? Landing VTOLs with new throttle is similar to landing a heli with AFM, very hard on keyboard and mouse.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dragon01 said:

Also, I noticed that DLC jets have it. It's subtle, but it's there.

The FoV changes shouldn't be there anymore. Same applies to all airplane and helicopter pilots. Other positions (cargo, turrets) haven't got the treatment yet. Possibly post-1.70.
There have also been some adjustments to the head motion so it moves less around the cockpit (loosing HUD less) and a bit more fwd/bwd (for better acceleration/braking sensation).

59 minutes ago, Zygzak191 said:

Maybe switchable throttle system for VTOLs would solve this? Landing VTOLs with new throttle is similar to landing a heli with AFM, very hard on keyboard and mouse.

Hardcore VTOLs are not 100% intended. We're trying to work out a solution to make it easier. For moar feedback please use this thread ;)

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, oukej said:

The FoV changes shouldn't be there anymore. Same applies to all airplane and helicopter pilots. Other positions (cargo, turrets) haven't got the treatment yet. Possibly post-1.70.
There have also been some adjustments to the head motion so it moves less around the cockpit (loosing HUD less) and a bit more fwd/bwd (for better acceleration/braking sensation).

Hardcore VTOLs are not 100% intended. We're trying to work out a solution to make it easier. For moar feedback please use this thread ;)

Please consider adding these changes to other vehicles as well, the sports hatchback is also affected by heavy zoom out above 200km/h.

Cheers

The command getCursorObjectParams appears to measure distance from the player camera instead of player object. Would be good to have distance from player object as well.

On 30.4.2017 at 4:45 PM, Sniperwolf572 said:

Fixed length loading, described in the above post, is back. The repro mission above no longer repros it, but can be reproed anywhere on main Tanoa airport.

Since this magically goes away in builds every time after I report it without any return info from whoever fixes it, does anyone know what causes this in the models in the first place? I've always suspected it's something to do with textures/materials/material maps. Can we make some kind of a test/linter into BI tooling so this does not happen in the future? :tounge_o:

Noticed this too.

Especially when shutting down the game.

When the last map was tanoa it takes ages to shut down arma 3, while altis, stratis or VR shut down immediately.

Cheers

Got this error when shooting down aircrafts, error in marta module, whatever the hell that is, didn't place it.

MsXwWzk.jpg

Cheers

Does anybody have problem with the Jet DLC showcase? I can't take off because the launch is not active. I go near the hook and nothing. I go further and i can go through the staff front of me. I did a turn and try it again. It is same every time and i unable to take of with the catapult.

Edit:

Attach to catapult is not available in the action menu. Only the Launch. 

Edit2:

Also the Right Panel mode is always available in the action menu, even if i'm on foot.

Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124696

58 minutes ago, danczer said:

Does anybody have problem with the Jet DLC showcase? I can't take off because the launch is not active. I go near the hook and nothing. I go further and i can go through the staff front of me. I did a turn and try it again. It is same every time and i unable to take of with the catapult.

Edit:

Attach to catapult is not available in the action menu. Only the Launch. 

Edit2:

Also the Right Panel mode is always available in the action menu, even if i'm on foot.

Ticket: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124696

Should be able to connect to the catapult by holding down the SPACE key, should move the aircraft into the correct position on the catapult while a ticker circle displays, representing the launch sequence.

Releasing space any time will abort the sequence, and have the aircraft remain where it is, so you can press space for short bursts if you just want to shift the aircraft to the correct position but not take off immediately... if that makes sense.

The right panel mode you mention is due to the action not being bound to a short-cut key yet (using a pre- APEX custom short-cuts configuration) I've recently changed to APEX mappings then adapted to my config and it seems to have sorted the issue.

1 hour ago, Electricleash said:

Should be able to connect to the catapult by holding down the SPACE key, should move the aircraft into the correct position on the catapult while a ticker circle displays, representing the launch sequence.

Releasing space any time will abort the sequence, and have the aircraft remain where it is, so you can press space for short bursts if you just want to shift the aircraft to the correct position but not take off immediately... if that makes sense.

The right panel mode you mention is due to the action not being bound to a short-cut key yet (using a pre- APEX custom short-cuts configuration) I've recently changed to APEX mappings then adapted to my config and it seems to have sorted the issue.

OMG, thank you! Nothing says that is should hold it, not even the help. The action says "Launch" and noting about Attach/Positioning. Maybe with the name Attach/Position i would find out that i should hold. For me the "Launch" means launch. Single action which trigger the launching of the catapult.

3 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

The command getCursorObjectParams appears to measure distance from the player camera instead of player object. Would be good to have distance from player object as well.

If it was measuring distance from camera then in 3rd person view the distance would have been different, but this is not the case