notice this several times on Altis while testing has anyone else seen it.

latest Dev branch. 64 bit no parameters.

Altis flying around. Noticed it yesterday and today in different places on the map.

D5E673992052708CA220F9808F9C3961D6918C19

• Added: When no player is present in Eden Editor preview, Splendid Camera is opened by default 

I remember being so confused the first time that happened and the camera was just 10km above the map.

11 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Altis flying around. Noticed it yesterday and today in different places on the map.

So the dark segments appear randomly with each session or are they present always on multiple, always the same, places?

4 hours ago, razazel said:

So the dark segments appear randomly with each session or are they present always on multiple, always the same, places?

apologies for not being more clear Razazel.

I'm on vanilla. Dev branch . just 64 bit no parameters. editor just one jet or heli spawned.

edit for clarity.

did some testing today. flew the whole map in A10 didn't come across the dark segment(just ruling it out).I landed plane and dropped a bomb( that is how i roll).

upon restarting the Editor and flying across this location I notice these. and another two behind me.

2122C03A1C299B9AC3B0F9EB846392678759FA83

it would seem the appear randomly. on random sessions. this is 3rd time seeing them all different sessions in editor.

edit cheers Al can possibly rule out hardware.

another capture of the dark segment. was able to land in it and take off again. heli only went dark when touching ground.

21C23986B0A01E9280CAD2B4EE11913782BE4080

4801DFC5BF00FFB60328084ABA73DE2ECD73D33B

this marked section has produced several so might be worth noting. I'v had an issue my end regards the game settings layout not showing. due to this monitor so it may be another avenue. personally I hope that is it.

1 hour ago, teabagginpeople said:

I'm on vanilla. Dev branch . just 64 bit no parameters. editor just one jet or heli spawned.

Actually, I had this problem before, a good while ago, on an older dev branch (1.59.136004, see picture). Only once though, and I was not able to reproduce it in any way. The effect looked the same, though, a tile on the map looked like it was completely in shadows:

0HdRj7b.jpg 

The file date is May 12th, 2016. I didn't report the bug since I was not able to reproduce it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

apologies for not being more clear Razazel.

edit for clarity.

did some testing today. flew the whole map in A10 didn't come across the dark segment(just ruling it out).I landed plane and dropped a bomb( that is how i roll).

upon restarting the Editor and flying across this location I notice these. and another two behind me.

it would seem the appear randomly. on random sessions. this is 3rd time seeing them all different sessions in editor.

edit cheers Al can possibly rule out hardware.

another capture of the dark segment. was able to land in it and take off again. heli only went dark when touching ground.

this marked section has produced several so might be worth noting. I'v had an issue my end regards the game settings layout not showing. due to this monitor so it may be another avenue. personally I hope that is it.

Ah that bug. Happens very rarely and I remember seeing that like a year ago or even more. Usually I've been just alone in the editor in Altis. Very random bug. I remember it looks dark also in the map?

3 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Actually, I had this problem before, a good while ago, on an older dev branch (1.59.136004, see picture). Only once though, and I was not able to reproduce it in any way. The effect looked the same, though, a tile on the map looked like it was completely in shadows:

The file date is May 12th, 2016. I didn't report the bug since I was not able to reproduce it.

Had this issue as well, simply reload fixed it for me

What you see on the ground are shadows from big alien spaceships hovering higher up. If you manage to shoot down the spaceships you will find alot of furniture and dead women at the crash sites.

• Like 13

French 1.67.140125

Wrong text under icons, when you order AI to heal someone it appears "loin" (far, away) instead "soigner" (heal), when your order "inventaire"(inventory) it appears "soigner" (heal)

Tweaked: Durations of several music and ambient radio files were updated 

That's awesome. Just had a small discussion about it here.

Would be great if all CfgMusic entries could also get a name and theme defined.

Would be nice if we had a sound/musicLength scripting command :P

• Tweaked: The enableEnvironment script command was extended to allow separate control over ambient life and ambient sound (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117789) 

This is awesome BI, thanks :thumb: Goodbye bunnies ...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, h - said:

Would be nice if we had a sound/musicLength scripting command :P

Nah, I'd rather have them fix this:

PPRIdYp.jpg

(Missing song names and undefined music classes)

• Like 1

Ok, that too :)

27 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Nah, I'd rather have them fix this:

That's not a bug. Not defining the name is a way to filter the music track from the list when selecting trigger or waypoints effects, and these are obsolete classs which are kept for backward compatibility. All of them should have a variant with newer class name (you can even see it on the screen, e.g., Underwater or Night Ambient are there twice).

If you're author of the Eden radio (nice idea BTW), I suggest to hide all tracks without a name.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, moricky said:

That's not a bug. Not defining the name is a way to filter the music track from the list when selecting trigger or waypoints effects, and these are obsolete classs which are kept for backward compatibility. All of them should have a variant with newer class name (you can even see it on the screen, e.g., Underwater or Night Ambient are there twice).

If you're author of the Eden radio (nice idea BTW), I suggest to hide all tracks without a name.

Dang it! I didn't even realise that. Thanks master for the clarification ;)

Edit: There is however still an issue. There are some tracks like Fallout, MAD, Skynet and DEFCON which are great tracks but also have no name or music class defined. So there is no easy way of filtering invalid entries because I'd also filter out valuable tracks.

What I am looking for is some sort of consistency.

Well, guess I'll figure something out.

• Like 1

• Tweaked: The enableEnvironment script command was extended to allow separate control over ambient life and ambient sound (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117789) 

clapping-crowd-applause.gif

• Like 3

Wrong text under AI icons still present
French 1.67.140151 no mod no addon

When you order AI to heal someone it appears "loin" (far, away) instead "soigner" (heal), order "inventaire"(inventory) it appears "soigner" (heal),
order "halte" (stop) appears "occupé" (busy) and problably others inversions.

Am i the only one? English version is it correct (no inversion)?

14 hours ago, fn_Quiksilver said:

Tweaked: The enableEnvironment script command was extended to allow separate control over ambient life and ambient sound (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T117789) 

I would love to see this in game options. Not evry missions can be edited on the fly (workshop, campaigns).

11 hours ago, Vasily.B said:

I would love to see this in game options. Not evry missions can be edited on the fly (workshop, campaigns).

This could potentially be exploited if client can switch environmental sounds off whenever he wants

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm that the preview renders in the Field Manual do (sometimes) not load correctly?

UXkX2CB.jpg

They sometimes have a texture, sometimes they don't.:icon_confused:

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, R3vo said:

Can anyone confirm that the preview renders in the Field Manual do (sometimes) not load correctly?

They sometimes have a texture, sometimes they don't.:icon_confused:

Can confirm.

So many fixes and updates but still no fix for  BIGest helicopter altitude bug, when pilots become crazy at altitude higher than 400-500

20 hours ago, R3vo said:

Me too