I'm not really a fan of the new font. It's too narrow and round. It's also packed together too much (I guess that's how the font is). The best example is when you press Esc and the lower right corner that says Development Build x.xx.xxxxxx. The B and u are literally together.

I don't know why it gives me some kind of a comic sans vibe. Maybe I just hate it so much.

The B and u are fine for me, on what interface size are you playing?

The B and u are fine for me, on what interface size are you playing?

Small and 1080p

AS3qiWh.jpg

3PdswEv.jpg

Also both the l and i letters are more grey than other letters. The UI takes too much space on normal. It seems like this font is made that in mind but I'd say the small and very small are now useless.

The UI takes too much space on normal. It seems like this font is made that in mind but I'd say the small and very small are now useles

Yep, I had been using small too for 3 years, but changed back recently to normal because of the font.

i may have found how to crash eden editor almost every time.

have a line that calls a script 

_x = [this, 30] execVM "tws_info_text2.sqf";

// this just calls a drawicon3d script that shows units aimaccuracy

select multiple units. choose their attributes by right mouse click..

paste that line in their init box.

it works fine.

then select all previous units again. select attributes by right mouse click.

paste that line into their init box again.

crash. to desktop. every time for me.

it seems the pasting that line into all units init boxes at once more than once crashed arma 3.

I have to ask this once more:

in 3D editor every time i click "play scenario" every change that I've made to mission is saved to that mission file. Is this an intended behavior or it is a bug?

I would also like to know why this kind of thing happens. If it's intended please remove such an idiotic feature, else fix bug...

EDIT:

Otherwise, stepped away for a few moments and all these awesome things have happened with the new or improved scripting stuff etc.. Keep'em coming :)

Something I've noticed on DEV is that in the main menu I gained +10 FPS, but while playing I lose around 15-20 FPS, independently of the mission/scenario I'm playing. Had to switch back to stable.

• Like 1

Something I've noticed on DEV is that in the main menu I gained +10 FPS, but while playing I lose around 15-20 FPS, independently of the mission/scenario I'm playing. Had to switch back to stable.

Same for me i noticed ive been losing a few frames on the dev branch, had to lower my settings abit, were as on stable my FPS is fine.

• Like 1

We are have now new fonts, it would be nice if this can be done too.

It would better if the text chat and the kill feed are not on the same list. Because when many players join a server or die on same time even with battleye spam messages, you never can read a text message. (+ 30 Server)

Separate kill feed and chat window!

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=21829

Theres a bug when using 3DEN in which if you try making a group spawn in a vehicle using the "moveincargo" init command it crashes once you finish editing the unit

Hi,

I'm realizing a cool script. The thing is that I chose a CheckBoxe for this. I'm talking about the CT_CHECKBOXES : https://community.bi...ntrols-CheckBox

However, I didn't found any precize documentation.

I want to put a button that change the state of each entry when it is pressed.

The .hpp part : 

class Mon_Dialog
{
idd = 39400;
movingEnabled = false;
enableSimulation = true;

class controls
{
class CheckBoxes
{
idc = 200;
type = 7;
style = ST_CENTER;
x = safeZoneX + 0.03 + 0.431 - 0.075;
y = 0.21 + (1 / 25);
w = 0.05;
h = 0.6 - (22 / 250) - 0.011;
colorText[] = {0, 0.8, 0, 1};
color[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
colorBackground[] = {0, 0, 0, 0};
colorTextSelect[] = {1, 0, 0, 1};
colorSelectedBg[] = {0, 0, 0, 0.2};
colorSelect[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
colorTextDisable[] = {0.4, 0.4, 0.4, 1};
colorDisable[] = {0.4, 0.4, 0.4, 1};
font = "PuristaMedium";
sizeEx = 0.04;
strings[] = {ON, ON, ON, ON, ON, ON, ON, ON, ON, ON};
checked_strings[] = {OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF};
rows = 10;
columns = 1;
onCheckBoxesSelChanged = "_this execVM 'test.sqf';";
};
class BtnReset: Life_RscButtonMenu
{
idc = -1;
text = "Reset";
onButtonClick = "[] execVM 'reset.sqf';";
x = safeZoneX + 0.03 + 0.22;
y = 0.8 - (1 / 25);
w = 0.21;
h = (1 / 25);
};
};
}; 

My reset.sqf file :

#define CONTROL(disp,ctrl) ((findDisplay ##disp) displayCtrl ##ctrl)

hint ("MAP RESET");

CONTROL(39400,200) ctrlSetChecked true; 

Here is the problem : where I click on the reset button, only the first one entry is changed to true, in other words, on selected.

So, maybe that this function can't change the state of all the entries of the checkboxes. I know that there is an other control type CT_CHECKBOX. Perhaps each entry is a CT_CHECKBOX.

How get the idc of a specific entry to change is state ?

Namely cbSetChecked allow to change the state of a CT_CHECKBOX control. We maybe have to do a cbSetChecked for each entry.

Any idea ? ^^

Ha and if you find out a good and more precise documentation for CT_CHECKBOXES than that of Bohemia, I'll take it ! :p

Thanks.

I noticed that the diver freelook is indeed fixed, but when you swimm, you get some strange "jittering", as if you are moving up and down a few centimeters, resulting in a nauseating effect on screen where the landscape or the diver appears to be going up and down rapidly

Are there any plans to introduce a feature similar to the enhanced moment mod. to vanilla arma3. Or are devs content with current situation.

The vault over small fence feature seemed like a placeholder for a more in debth one such as enhanced movment but nothing more happened. so just wondering is it staying as is. Or is it something devs are considering?

With the compromise not being able to enter some buildings in Tanoa. it would soften the blow. Retaining some tactical aspect.

https://youtu.be/AXB_N8YmTFo(Benson hope you don't mind I used your video if you do will remove).

The vault over small fence feature seemed like a placeholder for a more in debth one such as enhanced movment but nothing more happened.

I'm not sure how a feature that has been around for roughly 5 years and in 2 games could be considered "a place holder".

• Like 1

I'm not sure how an ugly feature that has been around for roughly 5 years and in 2 games could be considered "a place holder"

I slightly edited your post :D. You're just saying what everyone thinking.

It's arma somethings get put on a really long finger. Using Placeholder was to keep it polite. Not kicking up a fuss. Just curious have devs considered this as an area to work on for upcoming dlc .

I am fine with the step-over animation as long as Tanoa is not full with sheep fences :P

One issue right now I'd like to point out..also related to movement is, that combat pace can still be enabled if the player is unarmed. Why is this an issue you might ask? Well, recently we played a mission where we started without weapons. And many of the player were confused because they couldn't jog anymore, eventhough capslock was disabled. The issue here is, that you don't have an indicator which shows that combat pace is enabled. Therefore people believed capslock was bugged or something like that.

So what I'd like to request is, that combat pace cannot be activated when unarmed (is serves no purpose anyway)

Hello,

thank you for the feedback. Would you please submit a feedback tracker ticket with a repro mission for this issue? It would be of a great help.

Thank you

Well, I just tired out the same mission on the latest dev branch and the bug issues at least, with the helicopter and driver crashes seem to be fixed. I'm not sure what change you guys made, but I had zero driver crashes in over a hour of play and helicopters didn't seem to drop my FPS. Not the best answer, but hey, it works.

unable to "switch unit's" via the map when all are selectable playable

unable to "switch unit's" via the map when all are selectable playable

SP? MP? if MP what is respawn mode?

Has anyone else issues with addMusicEventHandler MusicStop? For me it stopps after a while, but once I press ESC and go back into the game the last song will play again.

Is there any hope of a decent inventory system for vehicles. Ideally with provisions for ammo crates and the like, but even just for ammunition, something like the one for soldiers would be nice.

How does the animation system works in Eden ? "This switchMove"blablabla" " seems not to work in the init of the units.

Both playMove and switchMove need to be executed after mission start, so putting them in a unit's init won't work. Putting the commands into a trigger usually works for me.

• Like 1

Both playMove and switchMove need to be executed after mission start, so putting them in a unit's init won't work. Putting the commands into a trigger usually works for me.

Putting it into the init.sqf works for me too.

• Like 1