I have to point this out again: It would be a nice thing if the same thing as initSpeed could be done for visible and audible fire to enable internally suppressed weapons that use the same magazines as non-suppressed couterparts. For example, and MP5 and MP5SD cannot right now use the same magazines although they should be able to. If visibleFire and audibleFire had the same overloadability as initSpeed, this would be very well possible and would open up things like above-mentioned MP5 as well as other internally suppressed weapons like the Honey Badger.

Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18125

I had a dream today about Arma (not kidding). Last thing I remembered before waking up was reading a changelog. Something about a V-22 Osprey & an A-400M being added. Could've fooled me if it were more in line with the rest of the naming scheme. :D

I'm assuming with the data lock we're not seeing the return of FFV from co-pilot on the hummingbird? Personally very disappointed;-(

• Fixed: Zeroing + initSpeed

Very pleased to see this fix - seems to work really well with both a hard initspeed value in the weapon and the other method of giving the weapon a "-multiplier;" to the magazine value.

One thing I noticed is that modifications to muzzle velocity when fitting suppressors (using class MagazineCoef), still produce a shift in the zero.

class my_splendid_suppressor: ItemCore
{
	class ItemInfo: InventoryMuzzleItem_Base_F
	{
		class MagazineCoef
		{
			initSpeed = /* float */;
		};
	};
};

So obviously the muzzle attachment value isn't taken into account in the zeroing solution.

However, I've seen some people moaning that suppressors are too advantageous in that they increase damage at range (due to higher speed at range, so slightly less hit fall-off below typicalspeed at the same range) and the reduced muzzle signature. So personally, I think maintaining this suppressor-based zero-shift is a good thing: It adds a disadvantage to shooting with a suppressor on all the time (other than the added weight and inertia) and it adds a bit of a learning curve to handling weapons and their attachments properly, rather than making everybody an instant sniper-god.

I'm also happy I can deploy on sandbag walls again :)

Very pleased to see this fix - seems to work really well with both a hard initspeed value in the weapon and the other method of giving the weapon a "-multiplier;" to the magazine value.

One thing I noticed is that modifications to muzzle velocity when fitting suppressors (using class MagazineCoef), still produce a shift in the zero.

class my_splendid_suppressor: ItemCore
{
	class ItemInfo: InventoryMuzzleItem_Base_F
	{
		class MagazineCoef
		{
			initSpeed = /* float */;
		};
	};
};

So obviously the muzzle attachment value isn't taken into account in the zeroing solution.

However, I've seen some people moaning that suppressors are too advantageous in that they increase damage at range (due to higher speed at range, so slightly less hit fall-off below typicalspeed at the same range) and the reduced muzzle signature. So personally, I think maintaining this suppressor-based zero-shift is a good thing: It adds a disadvantage to shooting with a suppressor on all the time (other than the added weight and inertia) and it adds a bit of a learning curve to handling weapons and their attachments properly, rather than making everybody an instant sniper-god.

I'm also happy I can deploy on sandbag walls again :)

How is the suppressor defined in relation to say, a suppressor's effect on ballistics IRL?

I have to point this out again: It would be a nice thing if the same thing as initSpeed could be done for visible and audible fire to enable internally suppressed weapons that use the same magazines as non-suppressed couterparts. For example, and MP5 and MP5SD cannot right now use the same magazines although they should be able to. If visibleFire and audibleFire had the same overloadability as initSpeed, this would be very well possible and would open up things like above-mentioned MP5 as well as other internally suppressed weapons like the Honey Badger.

Ticket: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=18125

This. 110% This! Have run into the exact same problem with a weapons pack I'm currently working on. Had hoped the initspeed issue would mean I only need to have 1x 9mm 30rnd mag defined, but for a suppressed MP5 I need lower audibleFire and visibleFire values compared to the non-suppressed version, otherwise its pointless. As such I need to define 2 rounds and 2 magazines, otherwise the non-suppressed smg wouldn't be "heard" by the AI

How is the suppressor defined in relation to say, a suppressor's effect on ballistics IRL?

Ingame BIS' suppressors are usually configured to boost muzzle velocity by about 5%, which is probably a bit larger than most freebore boosts produced IRL, but I suppose it could depend on the suppressor design and a number of other things as to what sort of gain you'd get in reality.

There's a video of a guy here doing tests IRL with a chronograph:

His averages velocities with a suppressor are about 1-2% faster

Ingame the suppressors also have an effect on dispersion (the angular spread of bullets - corresponds in terms of their MOA accuracy in real life), but I'm not 100% sure if it's a 0.8 modifier that increases dispersion or decreases it since I've not experimented with the values myself, or how that correlates with real-life effects of fitting a suppressor.

Either way, fitting a suppressor IRL generally does create a Point Of Impact shift that the shooter has to correct for - though it's not necessarily due to change in velocity.

I think the initspeed boost is closer to 10%, with many suppressor values (at least when I last checked) having the following:

class MagazineCoef
		{
			initSpeed = 1.1;
		};

Unless I'm missing reading that, its the base value plus another 0.1/10%

If I have read that right, its definitely a too large of an increase.

Hi Jackal, I think they revisited it a while ago. Just had a poke around in the configs and it's 5% extra now:

class ItemInfo : InventoryMuzzleItem_Base_F {
               mass = 10;
               class MagazineCoef {
                   initSpeed = 1.05;
               };
       // etcetera

Hi Jackal, I think they revisited it a while ago. Just had a poke around in the configs and it's 5% extra now:

class ItemInfo : InventoryMuzzleItem_Base_F {
               mass = 10;
               class MagazineCoef {
                   initSpeed = 1.05;
               };
       // etcetera

Fair enough, the configs I have unpacked obviously aren't the most up to date. :)

Reloading a SPMG with a long scope looks weird. There is no collision between the rail on the feed cover and the scope.

Reloading a SPMG with a long scope looks weird. There is no collision between the rail on the feed cover and the scope.

Well yea , that can't be fixed because the feedcover can't recognize if there is something in the way + SPMG shouldn't use a Sniper scope heh

same thing is with Zafir

Indeed, the other MG's have issue with when the feedcover is raised, the front end of the scope clips into the barrel/receiver as it moves with the cover and tilts forward. As RobertHammer said its just one of those 'deal with it or don't use a sniper scope on an MG' issues.

Indeed, the other MG's have issue with when the feedcover is raised, the front end of the scope clips into the barrel/receiver as it moves with the cover and tilts forward. As RobertHammer said its just one of those 'deal with it or don't use a sniper scope on an MG' issues.

I am dealing with it (see _xtra pbo inside), but posted it to gather thoughts about it. IMO this combo should not be allowed. If having proper model collision is out of the question, either make scopes incompatible or force to remove the scope to be able to reload.

Edited by Robalo

At last, proper machineguns reloading animations. Cartridge belts are now visible, looks pretty neat. Good job, gentlemen.

Bug: the military cargo buildings have no/wrong footstep sounds

Confirmed. Sound currently played is the footsteps on dirt noise.

There are still collateral issues in the same area (zeroing and AI), so those are being looked at.

---------- Post added at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

I'm assuming with the data lock we're not seeing the return of FFV from co-pilot on the hummingbird? Personally very disappointed;-(

Unfortunately that is confirmed. There are issues connected to this case that we cannot overcome without a bigger effort.

]

Unfortunately that is confirmed. There are issues connected to this case that we cannot overcome without a bigger effort.

Thanks for confirming my fears DnA ;-(. Must admit I found it a nice little touch (...and was hoping it would make it's way to the civi version..... with open doors!)

Is it possible we may see a return after DLC release at some point?

Keep up the good work guys - it is appreciated

Is it possible we may see a return after DLC release at some point?

Adding turned out FFV is evidence of our willingness to continue improving features after (Helicopters) release. So yes, when feasible, we'll try that. In this particular case I do not know myself how deep the source problem lies :)

Adding turned out FFV is evidence of our willingness to continue improving features after (Helicopters) release. So yes, when feasible, we'll try that. In this particular case I do not know myself how deep the source problem lies :)

Cheers DnA - never doubted for a second that BIS do not continue to improve features! (When was the last patch for Arma 2 released??!!! ;-))

Since the bipod attachments can be animated via model.cfg

the optics could work the same but with different animation sources like "Opticsmode" and "OpticView" (able to hide some parts of the model while aiming with the optic)

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5323

Edited by RobertHammer

Weapon undeployments feels way smoother after today's update. However, I think it could be a little bit faster. That is actually the most mentioned issue with weapon deployment my community has right now. I hope there is still room for improvements.