I noticed player speak now very quiet, radio sounds very quiet sometimes, and sometimes normal loudness (like on stable).

• Like 1

Looking for a copy of Dev 1.63.137431 build, to test why I had such great FPS with it and my GPU was running great too. Since then back to same performance I had. Didn't make a backup of the folder before I updated it to next build. So I'm hoping someone will have it and let me dl it please.

thanks

Any chance of Pacific specific turrets being added for CSAT?

There are no statics for this faction to quickly put down.

I just noticed that Apex factions can be used for manning "sites" (using modules from "sites" category, which allow you to automatically generate some basic personnel for a location). Are the relevant modules supposed to be deprecated, or was that an oversight regarding a feature that turned out not to be used much?

In fact, I believe "sites" modules need some attention. I recently watched an old tutorial (dating back to the alpha) and site types other than "Observation Post" and "Base" are still broken. The modules don't accept mod factions, either. It seems like they could be an useful feature if they worked right.

Tweaked: The Physx was updated
Can we get more details on this? Entire library update (if so, what version is it now?), or just a fix related to the crash issue?

entire library set, fixing several crashes among other issues

• Like 5

The strategic map is very dark now. Is this because of the visual upgrade? After a quick look at the function, it seems like the daytime map gets its colours from the world it is displaying. It could use brightening up a bit.

The strategic map is very dark now. Is this because of the visual upgrade? After a quick look at the function, it seems like the daytime map gets its colours from the world it is displaying. It could use brightening up a bit.

It's probably a signalling strategic map.

Cheers

• Like 8

I'm most frystrated about this brighter area around the player - i saw on older gameplays it wasnt present before Visual Update.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. Here's the right post:

Overall, it seems like the "Visual Update" was a downgrade for anything but Tanoa. If anything, they should have kept the old lighting system and have the new one as an option for jungle maps and the like. As it stands, things are either too bright or too dark. I also noticed that vehicles display a strange bug if you spawn in them or move the camera inside them in Eden. The outside becomes very very brightly lit, as if it was overexposed. 

Tweaked: Players will now un-deploy if they cross the deployment limit while prone

Honestly ? Why the hell would you want to do that ? So now, instead of having a stable firing position, you will constantly have to re-deploy just because you were scanning around and reached the deployment limit ?

Sorry, but really, why ?

• Like 13

Honestly ? Why the hell would you want to do that ? So now, instead of having a stable firing position, you will constantly have to re-deploy just because you were scanning around and reached the deployment limit ?

Sorry, but really, why ?

I'm with Varanon.

• Like 2

Unneeded change that serves no purpose.

Any specific reason to introduce the redeploy while prone?

Cheers

• Like 1

Can only agree, that sounds like a weird way of doing things.

With none of my bipods irl am I forced to fold them up when I try to turn wide, but I do hit a "wall". It's good as is :)

• Like 1

It doesn't un-deploy on my end. Was the change reverted already? Good call.

Why you are changing another good working system instead of fixing already reported bugs? Dont make players life harder please. Choppers, please fix those choppers....

• Like 1

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread. Here's the right post:

Overall, it seems like the "Visual Update" was a downgrade for anything but Tanoa. If anything, they should have kept the old lighting system and have the new one as an option for jungle maps and the like. As it stands, things are either too bright or too dark. I also noticed that vehicles display a strange bug if you spawn in them or move the camera inside them in Eden. The outside becomes very very brightly lit, as if it was overexposed.

The "HDR" change in 1.60 indeed broke flares, lights, flashlights, chemlights, etc. - they are now nearly useless. And when you try to "fix" them by increasing brightness/intensity in the configs, they become super bright and intense in a smaller radius, but very faint across a distance, like there was a fixed circular barrier between the two.

Not only that, it seems that they managed to break the "low" HDR setting completely. The issue with vehicles I mentioned is much reduced on "standard" setting, but "low" is completely unusable. The lighting system in general really needs to be fixed.

Not a fan of automatic undeployment of bipods, either. That's one thing nobody here asked for. Why did they put it in instead of working on more pressing stuff is beyond me.

• Like 2

Nobody knows

Not a fan of automatic undeployment of bipods, either. That's one thing nobody here asked for. Why did they put it in instead of working on more pressing stuff is beyond me.

• Like 1

Automatic undeployment would make as much sense as "automatic jump out of vehicle when standing still."

• I have a key to undeploy/jump out if I want to
  • I don't want control taken away
  • Like 3

didn't know where else to post this. so here it goes:

i've been trying to make the refract shader work and had problems with it on characters. once the character stops moving it turns white-ish. once you start moving again it looks as intended again. now i was wondering, if it was my material since i had seen Kiory show some experiments with it in alpha.

but then i checked the boot camp character pbo after noticing that none of the vr soldiers have that refract effect anymore and it seems like while there is a back up of an rvmat that actually uses the refract shader the actual models use a new one that doesn't use that shader, which explains what i saw ingame.

and that backed up material that uses the refract shader has the same behaviour like all of my own set ups. which is turning milky once the character stops.

so my theory was that the visual update (or an earlier one) broke the shader partly and thus materials using it where set to not use it anymore. basically what i'm asking for is a confirmation before i waste any more time trying settings. i know it's a total niche feature but i just need to know if it still works or not.

thx in advance.

• Like 1

didn't know where else to post this. so here it goes:

i've been trying to make the refract shader work and had problems with it on characters. once the character stops moving it turns white-ish. once you start moving again it looks as intended again. now i was wondering, if it was my material since i had seen Kiory show some experiments with it in alpha.

but then i checked the boot camp character pbo after noticing that none of the vr soldiers have that refract effect anymore and it seems like while there is a back up of an rvmat that actually uses the refract shader the actual models use a new one that doesn't use that shader, which explains what i saw ingame.

and that backed up material that uses the refract shader has the same behaviour like all of my own set ups. which is turning milky once the character stops.

so my theory was that the visual update (or an earlier one) broke the shader partly and thus materials using it where set to not use it anymore. basically what i'm asking for is a confirmation before i waste any more time trying settings. i know it's a total niche feature but i just need to know if it still works or not.

thx in advance.

Would also like to know if the refract shader is all bonkers since I too spent quite some time trying to figure it out.

For those interested : My compiled notes on testing the shader 

Automatic undeployment would make as much sense as "automatic jump out of vehicle when standing still."

• I have a key to undeploy/jump out if I want to
  • I don't want control taken away

Who at BI is responsible for handing out such stupid and unwanted tasks to devs for "fixing"?

Same as with openable ramps for ViV and abscence of more pressing fixes that take a workday combined. max.

There has been some confusion regarding changes in deployment while prone. 

First of all, that was false changelog entry, it made it in changelog, but never in development branch itself. I apologize for confusion.

Why are we even thinking about it?

Developer that originally made whole deployment possible feels it can be further enhanced, however at this point this is in experimental phase and may not happen at all. Feelings here will of course also have an impact in case we will consider changes to current mechanics.

I also would like to ensure you that it is lower priority and main focus is indeed on other, more pressing, tasks. 

• Like 13