Thank you!

So it seems that we have same kind of results. From now on every time i read about optimizations from BIS I will expect less FPS. Thank you BIS :(

a developer sent me a pm and asked for my mission.pbo. I hope they can fix the performance drop. The good thing is they are aware of it.

My my it's getting frustrating now at this stage, the last dev build when HDAO was introduced ran really well and now this. Choppy and micro stutters it's painful. I won't be posting A/B comparisons as it's not my job.

My my it's getting frustrating now at this stage, the last dev build when HDAO was introduced ran really well and now this. Choppy and micro stutters it's painful. I won't be posting A/B comparisons as it's not my job.

I was playing the campaign yesterday and frame rate dropped to below 10 fps in places. When I press ESC to get into the menu, it goes up to 30. That was in the first mission of Survive, and it used to be perfectly playable.

Something ain't right,

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

To all the people saying dev gives less fps, did you make sure HDAO wasn't enabled? :rolleyes: because that would not be fair since stable doesn't have it yet

I was playing the campaign yesterday and frame rate dropped to below 10 fps in places. When I press ESC to get into the menu, it goes up to 30. That was in the first mission of Survive, and it used to be perfectly playable.

Something ain't right,

Yeah, it's all anecdotal evidence from me but I find it soul destroying to run often inconclusive framerate tests (that seem to take up my entire evening with nothing to show at the end), but I agree that performance is down and the game is just creaking along at times on my PC.

Plus, if the campaign is out tomorrow, then there's also some big bugs that haven't been addressed, like:

• Weaponholders (cannot interact with them once you have accessed them once).
  • Handledamage "source" bug
  • hitPart broken

These may have been fixed in recent builds, but last time I tried dev branch, they were still an issue.

Edited by Das Attorney

To all the people saying dev gives less fps, did you make sure HDAO wasn't enabled? :rolleyes: because that would not be fair since stable doesn't have it yet

Yeah don't worry HDAO is disabled.

Experienced couple of pretty weird bugs today, both seem to be impossible to reproduce so won't make a ticket:

Ran to a biggish rock for cover but my character instead climbed onto it, so I dropped back down and 'my' neck snapped to the right, as in the characters head froze to facing right, aiming down the sights would only zoom the camera a bit. Had to restart the game to get rid of that, not even loading up a earlier save helped.. Couldn't reproduce.

Then, much later I checked my compass and accidentally pressed 'K' (compass) and 'J' (brings up the tasks/whatnot overlay) together and the compass would not go away, had to restart the game. And couldn't reproduce no matter how much I tried.

BIS, add multiple color selections for waypoint and other cursors (teammate location, etc.). Current one, white, blend in with the environment too easy in most situations.

AI can still detect player within a distance after loading a savegame. Before this, player was in hiding from their perspective. Was this issue ever addressed? It breaks missions.

BIS, add multiple color selections for waypoint and other cursors (teammate location, etc.). Current one, white, blend in with the environment too easy in most situations.

That is already implemented since a loooooong time ago. Look harder.

in my tests above HBAO was disabled to get comparable results ;)

does anyone else randomly hear the 'fire' sound (like a burning fire), when it seems there's no fire around?

---------- Post added at 15:00 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Something ain't right,

I think that's a sign the AI is causing the slow down. I noticed when playing the

Gori patrol

mission, my FPS would stay around 30 (even when I wasn't close to towns/cities, where I usually get bad FPS), but shoot up to 60 when I hit ESC.

it's a rather large and spread out mission, with many different 'optional' tasks. that also leads me to think the number of AI had something to do with the FPS

I think that's a sign the AI is causing the slow down

Well, at the very least it is a sign that it isn't the graphics/rendering itself. The AI is a likely candidate, but it could also be things like the simulation, script execution (dunno if that stops when in the menu), physx o0r something similar.

I know the collision detection across just 2-3 units can severely drop performance.

May I ask something to the Devs? Normally FXAA is a post process effect that blurs the whole rendered image, to apply a form of AA on all those elements (like foliage) that MSAA can't process. The downside to this is a general washed out image and blurrier textures, due to the blurring of the method itself.

Why does FXAA do the opposite in A3, i.e. greatly sharpen the image? Is it a totally different effect that happens to share the same name? Or did you implement it in some new awesome way?

Yay!

May I ask something to the Devs? Normally FXAA is a post process effect that blurs the whole rendered image, to apply a form of AA on all those elements (like foliage) that MSAA can't process. The downside to this is a general washed out image and blurrier textures, due to the blurring of the method itself.

Why does FXAA do the opposite in A3, i.e. greatly sharpen the image? Is it a totally different effect that happens to share the same name? Or did you implement it in some new awesome way?

Yay!

They apply a sharpening filter after FXAA, specifically to counteract the blur effect. I believe this was inspired by a certain FXAA injector which did the same.

They apply a sharpening filter after FXAA, specifically to counteract the blur effect. I believe this was inspired by a certain FXAA injector which did the same.
It looks awesome. Why is ArmA the only game doing this? Or are there drawbacks I'm not aware of?

Yay!

It looks awesome. Why is ArmA the only game doing this? Or are there drawbacks I'm not aware of?

The drawback is that it looks really bad (if you don't see it then look closer). First blurring, and then sharpening an image is a good way to destroy it (looks unnatural). Better to just leave it alone.

Where?

On the main menu:

Configure -> Game -> Colors

This latest dev build patch seems to have robbed 20fps or so from me

This latest dev build patch seems to have robbed 20fps or so from me

Robbed in what section SP or MP?

The guys say this patch will bring a performance boost (at least in MP)

If you rob ME 20 FPS from MP..there will be nothing left :D

Will there be a dev branch update today? Or just the stable release?